The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I loved that arcade cabinet with the Uzi gun and one of the reasons I had my dad get me the NES version as well. Fun game that doesn’t get brought praise.
I remember my folks going to their acquaintance house whose kids have the NES game which probably didn't play anymore. my folks have it borrowed for me and kept it eversince.

$27, I'm kinda broke rn lol If it still at the pawn shop I might cop.
27 bucks?
1654185427395.gif

I remember my folks going to their acquaintance house whose kids have the NES game which probably didn't play anymore. my folks have it borrowed for me and kept it eversince.
Your folks pocketed it for you?.....they’re down for the cause :pimp: :lol:

Nice! What system does he/she use?
not a retro, he's using his Switch Oled and gaming laptop as of the moment. went to a toy convention last february and wanted to get an old ds I think which I didn't get him. I still have an old PS2 slim, N3DSXL and Wii U hidden away and couldn't let them go yet. I'll see how much I can get from them if ever I sell them.

I don't game that too much anymore unlike my babysitting days while I have him strapped around my chest or have to put a fence around him. I used to game atleast 5-6 hours a day constantly. nowadays, it's whenever I feel like it when I'm doing nothing. too many distractions. Netflix/Prime Video/TV Shows, NTalk, etc...lol.

I'll be playing Diablo 2 Resurrected in a short while just to gather my thoughts later.

I remember playing Golden Axe in the arcades after I had it for the Genesis. I couldn't believe the difference. Same with games like Altered Beast and Alien Storm. What's bad is those games were marketed as "just like the arcade" for a while.

Think Nintendo is done with mini consoles.
Ninja Gaiden is another example. The OG arcade was a brawler. Console version became a Castlevania like platformer.

It was wild back then. It was all bout delivering an experience. Genesis Strider was advertised as an arcade perfect experience (even if it wasn’t).

Last edited:
Oh that’s cool sneeker sneeker
I’m curious to see if the retro stuff gets their attention. I think the cartridge based games have the most eye appealing look.

Anyone else play this back in the day? Fasholy one of the most underrated kart racing games
I have this one and used to rent it back in the day. Fun game for sure. I’ve yet to play a bad kart theme game.

Oh that’s cool sneeker sneeker
I’m curious to see if the retro stuff gets their attention. I think the cartridge based games have the most eye appealing look.
they do have their appeal and in fact what got my son's attention. he was a bit upset that another kid bought it after I passed on it.

dunno who owned this back in the day, but I loved playing this handheld game.

Attachments

• zelda.jpg
    zelda.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 141
they do have their appeal and in fact what got my son's attention. he was a bit upset that another kid bought it after I passed on it.
Birthday present candidate! Just gotta find some games that would fit him perfectly :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom