The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Craft beer been trash once it became mainstream. Now there's far too much ovepriced beer that's barely distinguishable from one craft brand to another.

Btw, how much was each play on those arcade cabs? 25 cents?

Yeah they had a full bar, but it was weird I ordered a straight henny and they were like no it has to be menu drinks only lol so I had to get this drink that had a banana slice frozen to the top of an ice cube lol

The game machines were all free, except pinball machines. Prices on those varried from a dollar to 25 cents.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO Same collection that's been making the rounds since PS3 is out on the PS4 too.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-CUSA10828_00-SEGAGENESISCLSCS

On the SoR 4 announcement. I had a chance to watch the video with audio and that intro music is horrible. Hope they didn't use the awful music in SoR 3 as a frame of reference. :sick:

Haha, was the music in SoR 3 really that bad? I had SoR 1 and going to 3 was incredible to me...the graphics, characters, and yes...the music all stick with me for good reasons.

Haha, was the music in SoR 3 really that bad? I had SoR 1 and going to 3 was incredible to me...the graphics, characters, and yes...the music all stick with me for good reasons.

Don't get me wrong, the game mechanics in SoR3 were greatly improved vs. SoR1 & SoR2. The running attack that improved with successive 'stars' made the 'walking' in SoR 1 & SoR 2 feel tedious as hell. Listen to the OST from 1 & 2 and then listen to the 'noise' from 3 - the former has aged really well while the latter is still horrid.

Xbox-One-Duke-Controller.jpg

Smart move for Microsoft to collaborate with Hyperkin to make their "Duke Controller" remake as an officially licensed product for Xbox One........at least you know it'll have the backing of making sure it is close to an exact replica of the OG Duke itself.

That being said.........I still don't like the controller personally, but it gets its respect as one of the OGs.

I was 10 when the OG Xbox released and I still remember struggling to play Halo :lol:.

I was 10 when the OG Xbox released and I still remember struggling to play Halo :lol:.

I was 10 or 11 also, 5th grade. I clearly remember getting an Xbox for christmas, popping in Halo and popping it back out before you even got to shoot a weapon. Then I put in Amped and played for 16 hours straight.

Once we got hip to multiplayer though, it was all over. 4 player split screen on 20” TVs. Screen looking for days.

I was 10 or 11 also, 5th grade. I clearly remember getting an Xbox for christmas, popping in Halo and popping it back out before you even got to shoot a weapon. Then I put in Amped and played for 16 hours straight.

Once we got hip to multiplayer though, it was all over. 4 player split screen on 20” TVs. Screen looking for days.
Those were the days :pimp:. Low man had to sit out the next game :lol:.

I also recall taking like a week to beat the first Halo mission. I thought the objective was to find the “captain’s keys”, not find Captain Keyes :rofl:.

That controller is HUGE :wow::lol:

Slim pickings today. Only ended up with GameCube Mario Party 4 and PS3 Grand Theft Auto 4. I don't have either so it's aaaallll good.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I never had PS1 or PS2, so right after Sega Genesis (with the 6 button controller too) I actually ended with Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad on my PC (left of the N64 controller) before getting N64 then Dreamcast. I can see why the PS1 and PS2 cats would have a problem with the 'Duke' Xbox controller, but if you look at it vs. N64 & DC it ain't that much bigger.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I never had PS1 or PS2, so right after Sega Genesis (with the 6 button controller too) I actually ended with Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad on my PC (left of the N64 controller) before getting N64 then Dreamcast. I can see why the PS1 and PS2 cats would have a problem with the 'Duke' Xbox controller, but if you look at it vs. N64 & DC it ain't that much bigger.

Yeah man, it's one of the reasons I never got into Xbox (still don't own one) because it looks like a heavy console overall. I remember thinking I'd get fatigue just holding the controller after a few minutes. Those other one's you mentioned are straight up overkill, my goodness that's a lot of plastic.

^^
Lol I was heated at SEGA for dropping out of the console race and I was not going to 'support' SONY or MS by purchasing either of their consoles. Additionally I was heavy into PC gaming at the time and the XBox was essentially a re-purposed Pentium III.

Threw in the towel with the PS3 & XBox 360 after realizing what direction Nintendo was going with their consoles and SEGA not even respecting their history.

Yeah man, it's one of the reasons I never got into Xbox (still don't own one) because it looks like a heavy console overall. I remember thinking I'd get fatigue just holding the controller after a few minutes. Those other one's you mentioned are straight up overkill, my goodness that's a lot of plastic.
Have you been in space for years? Wheres your muscle mass? Lol fatigue holding a controller really? Lol

Have you been in space for years? Wheres your muscle mass? Lol fatigue holding a controller really? Lol

:lol::lol:
Hey man, that plastic brick looked heavy a.f. to be sitting there holding it for hours. **** straight reminded me of when that dude had to hold the remote before the bomb went off in Terminator 2 on some "I don't know how much longer I can hold it" steez.
sD-jpd.gif

Plus, I just like the Playstation's aesthetics.

Threw in the towel with the PS3 & XBox 360 after realizing what direction Nintendo was going with their consoles and SEGA not even respecting their history.
I feel you man, things went so bad for Sega. Still though, the Genesis will forever be appreciated.

Collecting question: do will there ever be a point that prices will peak for a particular system?

In the year 2050, i can’t see an 18-year old video gamer caring about neo geo.

Genesis/N64 were the systems of my childhood. As I get older, less people from my generation will care about these systems. Younger gamers are curious about these systems that they didnt grow up with, but eventually genesis/n64 will be so dated that newer gamers may not care.

Of course as more time goes by, the number of working systems and games decrease, decreasing supply and driving prices up. But I think the number of people willing to pay high prices decreases as well.

Also, by 2050, tech could be so advanced that you can 3d-print these old systems and they’ll work flawlessly :lol:

likeaboss2 likeaboss2 if you're talking specifically about console hardware, the only joints that may have some type of value are the limited, exclusive joints to collectors. The 'GR' hardware will always be cheap.

If Max had the ability to run as in SoR 3 it would be game over. Dude had this insane front grapple attack where he'd hold you in place and it looked he was slapping/elbowing or breaking something. You could kill most normal enemies with that move and easily knock off a level or two of a boss' life.

It's a pity they replaced him in SoR 3 with the useless Dr. Zan. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom