Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by you big dummy

wale

2d7gh0i.jpg
eek.gif
at that low collection

laugh.gif
Come on now man. I actually like Wale but with the exception of the Miami Nights, you can purchase basically every pair he has in DS condition for $180 or less
but if I buy the kicks, who's gonna pay the rent?

THE 8's aint DEAD!!!
laugh.gif

They live through these!!!

nike-lebron-series-02.jpg
nike-lebron-series-03.jpg
nike-lebron-series-04.jpg

Even though they are air Darwin's with 360 air and the Lebron VIII traction patten
nerd.gif

I personally think that the 8s had a little design inspiration from the air Darwins IMO.

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

THE 8's aint DEAD!!!
laugh.gif

They live through these!!!

nike-lebron-series-02.jpg
nike-lebron-series-03.jpg
nike-lebron-series-04.jpg

Even though they are air Darwin's with 360 air and the Lebron VIII traction patten
nerd.gif

I personally think that the 8s had a little design inspiration from the air Darwins

pass for me.

I don't get why everyone looks to this Wale fella like he is some kind of fashion guru or something.  Guy likes brons, foams, and retros.  Good for him.  He's a regular dude just like the rest of us who happens to be a successful performer.  Kudos to him for that.  I don't look up to his or really anyone else's shoe "game".  It is what it is.  Buy what you like, wear what you buy, if you don't - put it on ice to wear another day.

As for the 8s and 9s, I hate how its become such a "bicker"fest.  We know we're going to get screwed out of CWs we want- just accept that- and grab what you like when its available- otherwise it will cost you down the road.  If you don't like the hype and the silliness, then don't buy in- I resisted a few, and am fine with it (solars, miami nights, v3s, etc..), probably regret a few others ( v2 asgs, v2 xmas).  I will probably pay the price down the road.

I am working towards separating my personal feelings towards Lebron, his crew, and their ways from the actual shoes themselves.  Not easy, but possible. 

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

I don't get why everyone looks to this Wale fella like he is some kind of fashion guru or something.  Guy likes brons, foams, and retros.  Good for him.  He's a regular dude just like the rest of us who happens to be a successful performer.  Kudos to him for that.  I don't look up to his or really anyone else's shoe "game".  It is what it is.  Buy what you like, wear what you buy, if you don't - put it on ice to wear another day.

As for the 8s and 9s, I hate how its become such a "bicker"fest.  We know we're going to get screwed out of CWs we want- just accept that- and grab what you like when its available- otherwise it will cost you down the road.  If you don't like the hype and the silliness, then don't buy in- I resisted a few, and am fine with it (solars, miami nights, v3s, etc..), probably regret a few others ( v2 asgs, v2 xmas).  I will probably pay the price down the road.

I am working towards separating my personal feelings towards Lebron, his crew, and their ways from the actual shoes themselves.  Not easy, but possible. 
exact! 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

You took the words out my mouth! Are you in the 30 and older club as well?
laugh.gif
Nah that's the way i've always been when I was a younger cat. I didn't have nice things when I was growing up. When I made my money I bought what I wanted. That prolly made me appreciate what I have. I don't look back on what I pass up. I'll "*%*#+"(that makes me feel better) about not being able to cop a particular shoe that I really like but at the same time i'm not gonna spend beyond my means to get them. Because later down the road it'll be available again or someone might let it go for non rape prices. You could say these younger guys are "spoiled" with what comes out today. Every damn bright %%@ color they gotta have, that's why these "hyped" up fruity colored shoe's prices are the way they are. Can't blame Nike for it, just gotta look at yourself in the mirror.

^^ 36. yep.  Feel younger, but it is what it is.  I like some of the flashy- don't get me wrong- I dig the volts, solar, infrareds, colors like that, but can only do so much.  I much more appreciate the bron 8 v2 and v1 than any of the 7s.  I have the Akrons and Dunkmans, but really don't get much out of the GRs in that version 7.  I don't like how the 9 seems to take more after the 8 v3 than either of the other 2, but again, it is what it is.  Apparently they perform that much better, so who am I to argue.

Honestly, I will pick and choose a few Lebrons moving forward, but I am pretty cool grabbing other stuff that is far less hyped and ridiculous in terms of how its released and pushed.  Trainers and certain stuff from NSW is much more chill and versatile in my opinion.  Even the Koston 1 in various colorways is a great buy for 80-90 bucks.

I think the v2 MN low and v3 Finals are two perfect examples of shoes that are "overinflated" in terms of hype and excitement simply because of their limited #s.  Perfect execution on Nike's part I suppose.  If they released to the masses at every major retailer they would sit on shelves just like most of the v3 colorways and some of the more plain jane and normal v2 low colorways.  People have warmed up to some of the other v2 low CWs simply because they can't get the big 2 at this point- which is fine, but I can guarantee the Miami Nights would be laughed at by many if they could find it at ftl, fnl, and Champs w.o issue.  I like the v3 finals because of the use of Yellow in the shoe, but to me its just cool- not a "must have" at any cost. just my .02.

^^ 36. yep.  Feel younger, but it is what it is.  I like some of the flashy- don't get me wrong- I dig the volts, solar, infrareds, colors like that, but can only do so much.  I much more appreciate the bron 8 v2 and v1 than any of the 7s.  I have the Akrons and Dunkmans, but really don't get much out of the GRs in that version 7.  I don't like how the 9 seems to take more after the 8 v3 than either of the other 2, but again, it is what it is.  Apparently they perform that much better, so who am I to argue.

Honestly, I will pick and choose a few Lebrons moving forward, but I am pretty cool grabbing other stuff that is far less hyped and ridiculous in terms of how its released and pushed.  Trainers and certain stuff from NSW is much more chill and versatile in my opinion.  Even the Koston 1 in various colorways is a great buy for 80-90 bucks.

I think the v2 MN low and v3 Finals are two perfect examples of shoes that are "overinflated" in terms of hype and excitement simply because of their limited #s.  Perfect execution on Nike's part I suppose.  If they released to the masses at every major retailer they would sit on shelves just like most of the v3 colorways and some of the more plain jane and normal v2 low colorways.  People have warmed up to some of the other v2 low CWs simply because they can't get the big 2 at this point- which is fine, but I can guarantee the Miami Nights would be laughed at by many if they could find it at ftl, fnl, and Champs w.o issue.  I like the v3 finals because of the use of Yellow in the shoe, but to me its just cool- not a "must have" at any cost. just my .02.

I am a member of the 30>  club too (32) and i am a traditionalist as far as shoes and colorways are concerned. I like new classic designs with nice clean colorways. i like a little flash too. solars etc. man...i can remember one of the first times we saw a crazy colorway other than the jordan 1s. scottie pippen in the 94 all star game! (red maestros) i just cant get with the SB colorway or the MN. i def think that shoes are "sensationalized" due to the fact that they are limited. but i do think that the v3 finals wouldve sold just as well if it were a more widespread release...maybe not a GR because they are red, but def sold well. the MN on the other hand...dust collectors.

i also think the Koston 1 is an instant classic. it will be a shoe that is talked about for a long long time after its done.

I might not be in the 30+ club but im 26. So Im closer than some of these buju banton brothers that like to match bright @@* colors from head to toe. SMH!! And I see alot of that over here in boston, just bores me now..

Wale is sneakerhead.. I dont think he is trying to impress anybody with that pic.. He is just doing his thing..
Dudes and their "shoe egos"
30t6p3b.gif

Ive seen some of Wales interviews and son got real shoe/fashion knowledge..
Most rappers got stylist to help them pick outfits because they dont got "inner flydom" and they just wana wear whats hott...
Wale got connects but he gets it on his own and hes enthusiastic about it.. 
I mean.. Would you guys rather him wear fake Jordans like fab and try to flex??
Now that would be unimpressive.

This page should be cut and posted onto the wale thread.

I got my eyes open for a pair of yankees and perhaps unchinas.
And I refuse to use ebay

Back
Top Bottom