THE REVISED LEBRON 8 THREAD Vol. No Ring This Year

^Highly doubt you can get Solar Reds for retail now.

As for triple blacks in a 12, call up some outlets or check on eBay for some deals, seen a few pairs go for 80 or so

i love wearing v2s casually so much that I really am having a hard time warming up to the thought of switching to lbj 9s for any reason.  I am fine with kobes and KDs for hoops, and love my 8 v2s.  Aside from the Cannon colorway, nothing really pulling me in that direction.

Anyone else still pretty into 8s such that the transistion to 9s seems a little unneccessary?

For those of you who have the Miami nights... How do they fit more like the solars? Or sprites?

The 9 provide better lockdown. The 7 and 8 v1 doesn't offer that so you have to weigh the pros and the cons. If you are more active on the courts the 9s are perfect for that. For me, the 7 and 8 are more suited for half court games. The 7s doesn't feel comfortable over an extended period of time and the 8 felt sorta heavy. If the forefoot of the 9 had more bounce to it, it would've been a solid shoe.

I saw a pair of SLH 8 for $150 in size 9 if anyone wants to know where to get it I'll pm you the link.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

The 9 provide better lockdown. The 7 and 8 v1 doesn't offer that so you have to weigh the pros and the cons. If you are more active on the courts the 9s are perfect for that. For me, the 7 and 8 are more suited for half court games. The 7s doesn't feel comfortable over an extended period of time and the 8 felt sorta heavy. If the forefoot of the 9 had more bounce to it, it would've been a solid shoe.

I saw a pair of SLH 8 for $150 in size 9 if anyone wants to know where to get it I'll pm you the link.
I don't think most people are thinking about performance when they say 7 & 8 > 9 though 
laugh.gif

To me, 9s are def a better performance shoe than the 7s or 8s, but if you wanna argue looks, sure, 7 & 8 are probably more casual friendly. Though I gotta say, the 9s are definitely bringin' it with some of the colorways so far.

I have a few questions, what would be the running price for SB's and Miami Night's in a 10-11? And have Dunkman V3's made it to outlets? Or anybody think they will? Thanks.

Originally Posted by smoothrick007

I have a few questions, what would be the running price for SB's and Miami Night's in a 10-11? And have Dunkman V3's made it to outlets? Or anybody think they will? Thanks.

Good luck finding miami nights in that size for less than $500, I found a pair in an 8 for $440 but passed (sadly).  As for SB's, I don't really look for those but I'd imagine you won't find those cheaper than $500 either

^^^^^ thanks man, Yeah, I actually liked those due to the flamboyant colors, I'm getting tired of the usual black/red combos. But I barely realized what I'm gonna have to drop haha.
Been stuck getting Kobe's and High-End stuff.

I feel you, I loved the miami nights since day 1 and found a pair in my size for $350 but dude sold it to someone else. It's weird, I told myself $440 was too much to spend on a pair but I've spent that anyway in 2 weeks on shoes lol

Originally Posted by smoothrick007

I saw Dunkman V3's at our Gurnee, IL outlet a few weeks ago, along with V2 wolf grey lows. They were both at 109.99 w/20% off clearance. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

i love wearing v2s casually so much that I really am having a hard time warming up to the thought of switching to lbj 9s for any reason.  I am fine with kobes and KDs for hoops, and love my 8 v2s.  Aside from the Cannon colorway, nothing really pulling me in that direction.

Anyone else still pretty into 8s such that the transistion to 9s seems a little unneccessary?

9s are definitely unnecessary. I tried them on and theyre not as comfy as the 8s or 7s in my opinion.
Some people are saying the 9s are a performance beast, better lockdown, etc. I play ball 1, 2 times a month and my vandals hold me down just fine.
Nowadays im finding lebron 8s and foams for less than the lebron 9s
On a side note, I still cant yankees for retail or less. Patience&persistance I suppose.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Anyone with the grey or black lows, do they fit like the solars or like the sprites?

i have the grey lows, they run a little tight at 10.5 like the sprites

I'm guessing some Duke players got lebrons last year maybe? I know I seen Kyrie Irving with these too

Via Tyler Thornton Twitter

Back
Top Bottom