THE REVISED LEBRON 8 THREAD Vol. No Ring This Year

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Nike needs to release these. 
nike-air-max-lebron-8-v2-portland-pe-02.jpg
I just felt like reiterating how amazing this colorway would have been.

So the other day I was thinking to myself which version of the 8's do you feel will be the most remembered in say 5-10 years.

For example if you heard someone say Nike Lebron 8's in 5-10 years from now which version would pop into your head a V1, V2, V3?

I find this to be a neat question to ask other fans of the shoe, please no fighting NT.

Personally I will remember the V1's the most because I am a big fan of the leathers used and the simple colorways that released. I also feel that people will also think of the (South Beaches)/madness they caused. But what really makes me side to the the V1 is the details found on the Black and Red V1, and the smooth Black leather on the triple blacks.

So which version do you guys feel will be the most remembered?

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

My question for those who already have the 9s and have 8 v1,v2, and v3s, is which fit is the best of the 4 and does the 9 have a "lower to the ground" feel than the v1 and v2 8s?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Comfort-wise, V1/V2 8s > 9/V3 8s. Just can't really beat that 360 max air bag, though the 9s are still very comfortable. But, to me, the 9s have better lockdown fit than any of the 8s, and yes they do feel lower to the ground than the V1/V2 8s, which make them more ideal to play in IMO.

XVIIIAirJordan wrote:

V/2.  Not only for the performance but the sleek colorways.  'Bron effed up by allowing his crew to dictate what colorways they kept and what colors we get.

Originally Posted by XVIIIAirJordan

So the other day I was thinking to myself which version of the 8's do you feel will be the most remembered in say 5-10 years.

For example if you heard someone say Nike Lebron 8's in 5-10 years from now which version would pop into your head a V1, V2, V3?

I find this to be a neat question to ask other fans of the shoe, please no fighting NT.

Personally I will remember the V1's the most because I am a big fan of the leathers used and the simple colorways that released. I also feel that people will also think of the (South Beaches)/madness they caused. But what really makes me side to the the V1 is the details found on the Black and Red V1, and the smooth Black leather on the triple blacks.

The South Beaches (and maybe by extension the V1s), like them or not, will define the 8s I think simply because of the hype/madness they caused, at least to the large majority of sneakerheads. But to guys who are specifically interested in the Lebron line, I think you'll get more of a mixed answer about whether the V1s or V2s were more memorable. I personally prefer the V1s by a very slight margin cuz of the great quality of leather they used, but the V2s give them a hell of a run for their money and have a little more of a sleeker look. Can't go wrong either way honestly.

XVIIIAirJordan wrote:

V/2.  Not only for the performance but the sleek colorways.  'Bron effed up by allowing his crew to dictate what colorways they kept and what colors we get.

That should be posted on every page.

dang i missed the opportunity to seal the deal on some v1 black/sportie red cw on jimmy jazz. i knew i shoulda ordered em online soon and now they're all gone =/

Originally Posted by XVIIIAirJordan

I find this to be a neat question to ask other fans of the shoe, please no fighting NT

hahah aint that the truth
and id say south beaches (duhh) sprites and entourages(just because a lot more people wanted them could get their hands on em) 

Originally Posted by CLDRIVER

thinking about getting a pair of miami nights. do they run true to size or should i size up? i own a pair of south beaches and they fit perfect. any input will help thanks
i wear a size 12 normally but the miami nights are a size 13

I wore a 10.5 in LeBron's normally, but for the Miami Nights I went up to a size 11. They are still actually kind of tight, so I think you'd be fine with a size 13 if you usually rock a size 12

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Nike needs to release these. 
nike-air-max-lebron-8-v2-portland-pe-02.jpg
I just felt like reiterating how amazing this colorway would have been.

i would rock this colorway everyday if they would of dropped, and i bet these would of sold alot better than the wht/red v2 gr that is now sitting in outlets. another amazing colorway and another slap in the face by the marketing geniuses at nike.

was really funny. i was wearing my mn 8 the other day and a worker at champs as if he could take a pic of them on my feet. on the other hand, i love my finals v3. in the sun it looks like metalic red. its worth the money.

for shoe heads, i think v1 will be remembered. for casual fans it will be the v3 because it is the shoe that lebron played the finals in. also if there are 3 versions of something people usually recall the last version first because it was the most recent.

^^ Idk bout that bro.

General consensus of V3s are theyre ugly, only appeal to performance based consumers like myself and die hard lebron fans. I think V2s are everyones favorite out of the 3. If the V1s didnt have a south beach colorway then it'd be V2s hands down.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

^^ Idk bout that bro.

General consensus of V3s are theyre ugly, only appeal to performance based consumers like myself and die hard lebron fans. I think V2s are everyones favorite out of the 3. If the V1s didnt have a south beach colorway then it'd be V2s hands down.

the finals v3 aren't ugly, and since the v2 had the better colorways it'll go down as peoples favorite of the 3, but the v1 was the better overall model imo

moneylicious, now u kno lebrons hairline has never been that low, i remember seein that dude in SLAM's diary when he was in the 10th grade with a fro, his hairline was always far back

sdot73, i think v3s are dope. I said general consensus bc most ppl think they're ugly. Personally, Id only rock the V3s on court. Cant see myself rockin em with jeans.

Slick, soon
laugh.gif

lots of great points. I gotta say the V1's are the best ... just wish all the 8's were v1's..

imagine suede red x mas 8s?

home V2's as a v1 with WHITE SUEDE OMG..

navy suede v1's OMG

I sware sometime nike is afraid to use suede.

^^ Idk bout that bro.

Amen.  I loved the V/1 launch colorway, China, and Triple Blk, but the South Beach along carried the V/1.   

The V/2 had the crazy PE colorways.
nba-kicks-lebron-james-nike-lebron-8-v2-black-red-pe-07.jpg

nike-lebron-8-v2-pe.jpg

nike-lebron-8-v2-pe-heat-away-011.jpg

108621936.jpg

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

lots of great points. I gotta say the V1's are the best ... just wish all the 8's were v1's..

navy suede v1's OMG

Nike cheap.
sick.gif

General consensus of V3s are theyre ugly, only appeal to performance based consumers like myself and die hard lebron fans.

Basically.

I went back and forth on the V/3 until I decided against them, and I have no regrets. The medial side turned me off.

^^ Idk bout that bro.

Amen.  I loved the V/1 launch colorway, China, and Triple Blk, but the South Beach along carried the V/1.   

nba-kicks-lebron-james-nike-lebron-8-v2-black-red-pe-07.jpg

nike-lebron-8-v2-pe.jpg

nike-lebron-8-v2-pe-heat-away-011.jpg

108621936.jpg

navy suede v1's OMG

Nike cheap.
sick.gif

General consensus of V3s are theyre ugly, only appeal to performance based consumers like myself and die hard lebron fans.

Basically.

I went back and forth on the V/3 until I decided against them, and I have no regrets. The medial side turned me off.

I to am a die hard Lebron fan that's why I likeed the v3 despite how much others hated them, but when I was about to cop the bred I had to pass on them because of my low arch. Then pictures of the 9 came out and I got kinda worried that they will be similar to the V3, good thing it was not. To bad i had to miss having all 3 versions of the 8. My feet are not built for all the Playoff shoe the Lebron line comes out even with the 7 PS.

Originally Posted by southbeats

^^ Idk bout that bro.

navy suede v1's OMG

Nike cheap.
sick.gif

Basically.

I to am a die hard Lebron fan that's why I likeed the v3 despite how much others hated them, but when I was about to cop the bred I had to pass on them because of my low arch. Then pictures of the 9 came out and I got kinda worried that they will be similar to the V3, good thing it was not. To bad i had to miss having all 3 versions of the 8. My feet are not built for all the Playoff shoe the Lebron line comes out even with the 7 PS.

laugh.gif
 At least you got arches.  I have none.  I'm flat footed.  The v/3 dugged in my feet in a weird way when I tried them.  The 7 PS ughhh.  They ran big, I sized down, they killed my toes. I sold them weeks later.  Never again/

sorry if a little bit of topic but has anyone seen south beach pink laces on lebron vii red carpets -? or could someone photoshop ? think it would look of the hook!

Are the solar red v2 lows still attainable at retail? Could not find a pair in my size going for a decent price...Not really lookin to pay over retail...Any help is much appreciated...

Back
Top Bottom