The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I saw some gameplay of Stranger of Paradise and the dialogue had me dying
Guessing it's not intended but it's pure comedy

Jack, the protagonist, basically just says "hm", "yeah", and interrupts all attempts at exposition with 'don't care, I just wanna kill chaos'

I cant freaking beat Malenia..

her stupid attack where she jumps up and does a million freaking slashes keeps killing me smh.

even with the blood hound step ash of war i still get hit

She legit took hours to beat, and that's after summoning my friend to help after making no progress for hours before. :lol:
She's definitely the true test of skill in the game.

Malenia will be shook when I pull up
9186C54B-4F19-40B5-BE19-6D08963FFA2B.jpeg

Finally beat Malenia.

Me and some random beat her.

Both of us were using the rivers of blood katana and basically gave her no breathing room when attacking.

Def the hardest boss so far.

Just got done beating Malenia (post-patch) too, took 7 or 8 tries on this first playthrough. Didn't look up a guide on how to deal with her, just did my own thing and it seemed to work wonders after getting absolutely destroyed initially. I got that incantation I'm using in the clip earlier this week and man it is so damn good.
I figured bleed would be the best way to counter her rapid regeneration but my big spiked mace was only +20 because I normally just use the Golden Halberd or Halo Scythe. Earlier I came across the fly swarm incantation that I'm using here and it seems to just completely incapacitate most enemies, even Malenia to some extent. I was an inch away from beating her with the Black Knife spirit ash but caved and resorted to the Mimic Tear.
I was also using the Radagon's Soreseal talisman, which makes me take 15% more damage in exchange for increasing my vigor, endurance, strength and dexterity by 5. Malenia just oneshots you with her weapon art most of the time anyway so I think the tradeoff is generally very worth it.

I thought this would take me hours but this incantation just seems rather broken

Last edited:
About the Malenia fight

She doesn't even drop the sword! That's why I was bothering with her in the first place, dammit.

Finally beat Malenia.

Me and some random beat her.

Both of us were using the rivers of blood katana and basically gave her no breathing room when attacking.

Def the hardest boss so far.

Rivers of Blood is probably next up on the chopping block

So I started a new character last night and decided to make a pugilist run this time (fist and claws only) and let me tell you, I had to rethink how to approach some fights. Like dragons for example. :lol:
this is gonna be an interesting run.. :lol:

What’s the actual boss order for elden ring . I’m just doing random stuff now lol

There really isn't one, but my path through the world was something like

Limgrave > Liurnia > Altus > Caelid > Leyndell > Mountaintops

Beat Elden Ring...

9.5/10. Beat it in 98 hours of play time.

Amazing game. Prob game of the year

Last edited:
Is ER that creepy/disturbing? Never heard of it as im out of the gaming world (cept COD and Smash). Saw a video on IG of the trolls pulling the carriage and thought it was crazy how they were pulling it with swords through their body. Just thinking about it if it were real (you know what I mean) and its like an eternal punishment. Wild. Checked some YT vids and theres def some creepy type stuff but wonder how a person playing it actually feels.

Is ER that creepy/disturbing? Never heard of it as im out of the gaming world (cept COD and Smash). Saw a video on IG of the trolls pulling the carriage and thought it was crazy how they were pulling it with swords through their body. Just thinking about it if it were real (you know what I mean) and its like an eternal punishment. Wild. Checked some YT vids and theres def some creepy type stuff but wonder how a person playing it actually feels.

theres def some creepy things but nothing that makes me feel sick. its like the Lord of the Rings type feel

Punched my first dragon to death last night. I think I'm getting the hang of this punch through run. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom