The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I fought one of the late/endgame alternate bosses yesterday in Elden Ring and IMO, they were probably one of the hardest bosses I have ever fought in any fromsoft game. It took me hours to beat them. I pulled in one of my friends to help, and it still took multiple hours. They have several unfair moves and mechanics, and I can't wait to try it again in NG+. :lol:

So I fought one of the late/endgame alternate bosses yesterday in Elden Ring and IMO, they were probably one of the hardest bosses I have ever fought in any fromsoft game. It took me hours to beat them. I pulled in one of my friends to help, and it still took multiple hours. They have several unfair moves and mechanics, and I can't wait to try it again in NG+. :lol:

Malenia?

yeah. Her waterfowl slice and her heal mechanics are so busted. Not to mention her second phase in general. :lol:

It was torture on a pure melee build so I respecced into INT and cheesed her with Mimic Tear :lol:

Would you say the fight is fair? I’ve seen a lot of people saying that it isn’t fair at all and the mechanics seem broke. I’ve also heard people make a case stating that the game almost forces you to play co-op simply based off of how bosses fight. Ive been having a blast taking my time but I have noticed that a lot of these bosses have some ridiculous reach, it’s almost like they were designed to hit multiple people :lol:

Also the fact that 2sappy 2sappy had to summon someone else for help lets me know that I’m ****ed :rofl:

Totally unforgiving but I don't know if I'd call it unfair...definitely one of the hardest From bosses and waaaay harder than the actual final boss

I had a lot of trouble with Radahn too

Would you say the fight is fair? I’ve seen a lot of people saying that it isn’t fair at all and the mechanics seem broke. I’ve also heard people make a case stating that the game almost forces you to play co-op simply based off of how bosses fight. Ive been having a blast taking my time but I have noticed that a lot of these bosses have some ridiculous reach, it’s almost like they were designed to hit multiple people :lol:

Also the fact that 2sappy 2sappy had to summon someone else for help lets me know that I’m ****ed :rofl:
The fight is more than fair, outside of waterfowl slice :lol: . It took every ounce of skill I learned across all their games to fight her properly. I was just getting tired and my buddy offered to help. Even then it took almost two hours to beat her. She is definitely gonna be the pinnacle that some players won't climb.

On a side note, this game is a blast with friends. It's so much fun just exploring and then, bam!, Random boss fight. Not to mention showing off all the sick spells and weapon arts to each other and having to make detours to go get that stuff. :lol:

The fight is more than fair, outside of waterfowl slice :lol: . It took every ounce of skill I learned across all their games to fight her properly. I was just getting tired and my buddy offered to help. Even then it took almost two hours to beat her. She is definitely gonna be the pinnacle that some players won't climb.

On a side note, this game is a blast with friends. It's so much fun just exploring and then, bam!, Random boss fight. Not to mention showing off all the sick spells and weapon arts to each other and having to make detours to go get that stuff. :lol:
How many people can you party up with? We gotta get stay lurkin stay lurkin back on the PS platform and run it up after I get out of this upcoming 5 week course

It_Was_Me__Dio!.jpg

YOU THOUGHT IT WAS FINAL FANTASY TACTICS
BUT IT WAS ME
DIOFIELD CHRONICLES

In case anyone is interested, looks like square enix made a channel to put their entire video game music catalog on. It's cool so far.

Also, I got the plat for Elden Ring already. Time to actually play the game now. :lol:

You beat it three times already?!?!? Insane bro 🤯
Just one time, but I set up all 3 endings at once and used a save backup to get them all. I know some people don't approve of that, but I don't care. Now I can enjoy doing silly builds and completing some storylines I missed.

Just one time, but I set up all 3 endings at once and used a save backup to get them all. I know some people don't approve of that, but I don't care. Now I can enjoy doing silly builds and completing some storylines I missed.
Nice. Where can I grab some smithing stone [2]? I got 2 bosses that I need to work real quick but I’m still rocking the Uchigata +5 :lol:

0qIiL.png

:lol: jk jk

i will say though the newer games are pretty good with basic amenities like showing your current objective:lol:. I booted up FF8 yesterday (first play thru, no help) after a long time and was legit lost trying to see whats up

Back
Top Bottom