The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yuffie content done, going to buy the pixel remasters now and try and tackle tears of the kingdom before ff16 arrives.

I know I’m in the minority, but I don’t love breath of the wild so I’m not super hype about TOTK. I’ve played through every Zelda from NES on so it’s my civic duty at this point :lol:

Yuffie content done, going to buy the pixel remasters now and try and tackle tears of the kingdom before ff16 arrives.

I know I’m in the minority, but I don’t love breath of the wild so I’m not super hype about TOTK. I’ve played through every Zelda from NES on so it’s my civic duty at this point :lol:

It is cool man we all have flaws.

I applaud you for having the courage the share though.

The weapon degradation really irritates me. Same with Fallout 76.

That said I won't play Tears until I finish Breath of the Wild. Just need longer work flights to make more progress in it. :lol:

I also can’t stand the breaking weapons. It’s missing other pieces and qualities that make Zelda games so wonderful TO ME :rofl:

I’m enjoying TotK a lot more than I did BotW. I think a big reason is that I feel like I know how to play it this time. I would still love it if we got a more linear, traditional Zelda game. Unfortunately I believe they’ve already this style of Zelda is here to stay.

I’ll be playing this until FF XVI drops. That’s when I’ll beat it and move on.

I didn’t like BotW so passing on TotK. Like someone said, it didn’t feel like a Zelda game

My biggest gripe with these switch Zelda’s is the lack of dungeons. Hyrule castle was the only real dungeon in BotW imo. The other 4 just felt like stupid mazes that I needed guides for to figure out all the weird rotations. I know Zelda is notorious for confusing dungeons but the temples in BotW were straight up annoying. Gimme back the old dungeon format with the mini bosses, then big bosses with the key items you pick up along the way like the hookshot, boomerang, bombs etc…

TotK bad guys are waaaaay harder starting out than I remember from BoTW. Blue moblins one hitter-quitter me. I can’t evade worth a crap. Any sort of mini boss I might as well just turn around.

Died like 15 times straight trying to beat a stone talus. A damn stone talus. NEVER had that problem in the last game. They reallllly gonna make me grind out these shrines huh?

And now to wait and see where they take it from there story wise. Also, the real game now begins. :lol:

Been LAN partying at my friends spot with some of our clan the last 3 days and the amount of times we put in has been foul :lol:

I thought I was doing work when I put in 65+ hours into TotK. The official release hasn’t even come for Diablo and y’all already beat it? Sheesh :lol:

Last edited:
My biggest gripe with these switch Zelda’s is the lack of dungeons. Hyrule castle was the only real dungeon in BotW imo. The other 4 just felt like stupid mazes that I needed guides for to figure out all the weird rotations. I know Zelda is notorious for confusing dungeons but the temples in BotW were straight up annoying. Gimme back the old dungeon format with the mini bosses, then big bosses with the key items you pick up along the way like the hookshot, boomerang, bombs etc…

This guy gets it :pimp:

Been LAN partying at my friends spot with some of our clan the last 3 days and the amount of times we put in has been foul :lol:
I completely lost track of time yesterday playing this game. I went to play with a friend after breakfast, and by the time I realized I was hungry again it was almost midnight. Diablo 4 is bringing back some old habits from when I was much younger that I thought I shook off. :lol:

Decided to buy Diablo 4, first time ever playing this franchise.
Really enjoying it so far. Took me a while to figure out a class but eventually narrowed it down to Necro or Sorcerer, then went with Sorcerer.
I see a lot of synergy potential here with a focus on Arc Lash and Frost abilities, so that's what I'll be focusing on.

So are just planning to remake the game with modern graphics and not release it? I understand if they intend to release but can't say that publicly. It looks great but I wonder if SE gonna intervene and shut it down especially with the rumors floating around about the remake that was just confirmed by Jeff Grubb.

I really hope a legit FF9 remake is coming, also that they keep it turn based. I love ff7r, but I would love it a whole lot more if they kept the turn based battle system intact.

Can we get a new FF that’s turn based for that matter? I’m not sure why they’ve strayed from it :smh:

Back
Top Bottom