• Pokemon Acreus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know, there are moments in games that make you go "Wow! That was awesome!" and then there are moments that leave you awestruck that they were able to do something like that. The events at Twinside in FF16 fall under the latter category. I genuinely cannot believe they made a sequence that incredible to play. I had a huge smile on my face the whole time from beginning to end.
Soken and the whole team deserve all the praise for what they have done with this game.

Bad Religion Bad Religion , i'm looking forward to having a discussion with you about this game when you do end up getting it. There are events in the game that I am 100% sure you will love wholeheartedly.

I am kind of using it as motivation to get my house packed up. Once we are situated in the new place in August, I will definitely scoop it up. But I seem to be making concessions with myself daily here, so I may cave and have it next week. :lol:

Game journalist tries to say FF16 is bad because all you have to do is mash the square button….

……fails the mention that he has all the rings equipped that does the combos for him + dodges automatically.

I will say though that FF16 combat system is no where good as FF7Remake or FF15

Last edited:

Game journalist tries to say FF16 is bad because all you have to DJ is mash the square button….

……fails the mention that he has all the rings equipped that does the combos for him + dodges automatically.

I will say though that FF16 combat system is no where good as FF7Remake or FF15

I was just about to ask that question like how it compares to FF7R. basing from that statement, you just ruined my appetite.

Not as good as FF XV?!?!? That’s concerning cause FF XV wasn’t that good, imo :lol:

That statement changed my whole desire to play the game :lol:

Man that is a hot take. FF15 is like a brisket sandwich without the brisket. Across the board.

Combat wise I liked XV more but I guess that’s a hot take. Loved how you could teleport wherever you threw your knife and the Ifrit boss fight is one of the best boss fights ever imo.

Story wise I’m not sure because I still need to beat XVI to give my final thoughts.

I was just about to ask that question like how it compares to FF7R. basing from that statement, you just ruined my appetite.

XVI is still a great game. But it lacks the depths and coordination in its combat system like FF7R

XV combat as whole felt very clunky and pretty easy overall. I took down enemies while under-leveled by just spamming potions. Same in 7R which was lowkey even easier spamming cure-ra-aga spells, I never felt like I was in danger of dying especially if Aerith was around. What I’ve noticed is gone are the days of level grinding from the turn-based era. FF needs to adopt what Chrono Trigger and Kingdom Hearts did by making enemy encounters frequent and nonstop to promote grinding.

I don't know if y'all ever played the royal edition of ff15, but the combat was substantially better than what the game started with. It was a night and day difference.

I didn’t bother to revisit the royal version but the vanilla XV was easy to exploit especially if Noctis could teleport away to an elevated area. Most enemies never accounted for above ground level tactics which made for easy fights.

Just rolled credits on FF16. Such a great game. Just gotta beat the game on NG+ to get the plat. I'll get to it eventually. :lol:

I go to look at my phone when I fire it up and almost get annoyed the game is already loaded. :lol:
This is a habit I wish I never developed. As soon as I get a down moment, I’m reaching for my phone. I feel like it doesn’t allow me to fully focus and immerse myself in games like I used to. I keep telling my wife that once I retire, I’m getting a traditional house phone and keeping my cell phone in another room.

Quick word of advice/tip for those playing FF16 and are thinking about going into NG+. Memorize what colors are associated with which QTEs because in NG+ the prompts are removed and the color flashes very quickly on screen. It took me a bit before I got it down. :lol:

For ranking purposes, are considering FF VII Remake a mainline Final Fantasy? I might be updating my top 5 FF games after I finish XVI :nerd:

For ranking purposes, are considering FF VII Remake a mainline Final Fantasy? I might be updating my top 5 FF games after I finish XVI :nerd:
Do you consider FF4: The After Years, X-2, 13-2 and 13-3 mainlines? Cuz I personally rank it with those.

Back
Top Bottom