The San Antonio Spurs have never repeated....vol LOL LOL LOL

jellybean24:
there is a reason they say only the best repeat.
Who says this?
jellybean24:
im not trying to be insightful
Good thing, because if you were, you'd be failing. The Lakers won the Finals in '88. If they HADN'T, do you realize that they would have went through the 80s with 4 championships and no repeats?! MAN... it's a good thing they won that championship in '88 so we can call that Showtime squad a dynasty, huh? Because if they hadn't won in '88, then the 80s Lakers would have jut been another regular ol' team, huh?

Now the Celtics of that era, they never actually did repeat. Won 3 titles in the 80s, but never repeated. So they suck, right?

Right? I mean, 3 championships in a decade with no back-2-back?! What an average team, right?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

jellybean24:
there is a reason they say only the best repeat.
Who says this?
jellybean24:
im not trying to be insightful
Good thing, because if you were, you'd be failing. The Lakers won the Finals in '88. If they HADN'T, do you realize that they would have went through the 80s with 4 championships and no repeats?! MAN... it's a good thing they won that championship in '88 so we can call that Showtime squad a dynasty, huh? Because if they hadn't won in '88, then the 80s Lakers would have jut been another regular ol' team, huh?

Now the Celtics of that era, they never actually did repeat. Won 3 titles in the 80s, but never repeated. So they suck, right?

Right? I mean, 3 championships in a decade with no back-2-back?! What an average team, right?

laugh.gif
 got 'em

This post is a great example of why someone like myself can be raised a Laker fan yet willingly turn that fan card in.

Talk radio out here is even worse
30t6p3b.gif

Honestly I don't think San Antonio is a dynsasty, a great team during the past decade, but not a dynasty.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Seriously though, once Kobe retires - Blake Griffin will have the Staples Center on LOCK.

...than watch all of the Kobe stans migrate over.
laugh.gif

Whose to say that Blake will still be Clipper by then?

Originally Posted by offbad

^ LAL will acquire him
laugh.gif

or he can come to his hometown team..

and if i were giving the choice of kobe's career or duncan's career, i'm taking duncan's

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

^ LAL will acquire him
laugh.gif

and if i were giving the choice of kobe's career or duncan's career, i'm taking duncan's
I don't know how people can say that without being a homer. Duncan is a beast HoF all time great this I know...

but how do you overlook kobe's resume?

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

^ LAL will acquire him
laugh.gif

I don't know how people can say that without being a homer. Duncan is a beast HoF all time great this I know...

but how do you overlook kobe's resume?

if i was starting a team, i'm taking duncan.. only way i'm taking kobe is to put fans in the seats..

what exctly on kobe's resume are you referring to?

^ LAL will acquire him
laugh.gif

Yup.

Being #1 at my postion >

Actually, OP never said those teams SUCKED or were AVERAGE. He simply said they can't be considered a Dynasty if they don't repeat. Which I can understand.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Actually, OP never said those teams SUCKED or were AVERAGE. He simply said they can't be considered a Dynasty if they don't repeat. Which I can understand.
QFT

and to the people saying they would take duncan over kobe...lol...off yourselves

Saying you would rather have Duncan over Kobe isn't a statement that deserves an "Off Yourself" response. It depends on what your team needs and how you plan on structuring your squad. If I want a killer from the wing position, Big Kobe is your man. If you want slow and steady yet super efficient big, Big Fundementals is your man. Both are two of the all time bests and can will a team to win.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by jellybean24

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

But why use a backup SN to point this useless stat out? Not man enough to come at dudes with the primary SN?
this is my primary SN....i dont have a back up...

You are lying though
Surprisingly it seems to be true - unless he only uses that SN from a unique IP.

Anyway, I'm sure I read a stat that said something like from 94 for the next 10 years the Spurs had the best W/L in all of professional sports. I think the New Zealand rugby team has them beat but they're a national team not a professional team.

They were frighteningly consistent for a long time - except for the one season where they landed TD.

wow op is dumb. mods please expose this dude cuz u know its a back up name. hate people who dont have the balls to use their regular screenname.

4 championships in a decade.... most nba teams dont get +@%+ in a 30 year span and u tryna clown 3 titles. you noob.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

4 championships in a decade.... most nba teams dont get +@%+ in a 30 year span and u tryna clown 3 titles. you noob.
But is that a dynasty? When I think of a dynasty, I think of back to back wins AT LEAST. UCLA, Lakers, Bulls. Repeat champions. Nobody is saying the Spurs aren't the 1st/2nd best Pro Basketball team of the 2000s, but dynasty? Not sure if I can call them that either. Nobody is calling them a bad team again. Nobody is.

Originally Posted by jellybean24

really??? and people sometimes refer to there clowns as a dynasty?

How can you win 4 rings in like a 11 year span and never ever repeat
roll.gif
...there is a reason they say only the best repeat..

SA fans, step you your championship game.

indifferent.gif

step your championship game up tho? 
laugh.gif

Animal Thug1539 wrote:
Seriously though, once Kobe retires - Blake Griffin will have the Staples Center on LOCK.

...than watch all of the Kobe stans migrate over.
laugh.gif

unless hes a Laker. no clipper will ever have the staples center on lock. Lakers will be relevant despite of kobe being there or not. we will have another superstar after him.

Originally Posted by dland24
seriously. OP doesnt know what hes talking about. the spurs were a dynasty even without a repeat. they were the team everyone was trying to beat and they were the standard in the NBA.

In the end it depends on whether or not a person recognizes a team as a dynasty if they don't repeat. I can see both sides.

It was 4 titles in 9 years I believe.. there aren't even that many teams in the league with 4 championships.. and they did it all with the same core for the most part.. dynasty or not, respect.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But is that a dynasty? When I think of a dynasty, I think of back to back wins AT LEAST. UCLA, Lakers, Bulls. Repeat champions. Nobody is saying the Spurs aren't the 1st/2nd best Pro Basketball team of the 2000s, but dynasty? Not sure if I can call them that either. Nobody is calling them a bad team again. Nobody is.
spurs-SI-1024.jpg

Thanks for playing.
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

wow op is dumb. mods please expose this dude cuz u know its a back up name. hate people who dont have the balls to use their regular screenname.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So whose back up screen name is this?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom