The shoe market...... (serious topic)

Do you guys think the prices of shoes will keep on raising forever & ever? Or 1 day, all shoes will be affordable & easy to obtain?

Discuss.

nope, they may not raise forever but no way all shoes will be affordable and easy to obtain because older shoes are hard to find and will never be easy toobtain, as well as limited shoes.

what kind of shoes are you talking about? Regular shoes or Shoes with values? if you are talking about shoes with sentimental value such as OG's of coursethey will be worth more and more with time.

Shoes and stuff (like J's) might not be AS valuable as the market becomes flooded more and more with them (although I think we might be past those timeswhen the Countdown Packs are all out... but we'll see), but OG's will keep pretty high value for a longggg time IMO. Fakes could be a factor, but theywon't completely destroy values of kicks over time.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

Do you guys think the prices of shoes will keep on raising forever & ever? Or 1 day, all shoes will be affordable & easy to obtain?

Discuss.

Your question is way too vague.

All the 'heat' you guys wear to 'style on dudes' will always be expensive because the concept of 'I got these and you don't'will be in effect.

But there are some cheaper generic Nikes that are always cheap, well as cheap as Nikes get at MSRP.

i noticed a few things:

more sneakers being released

retail prices going up

resale value going down

^That is true.... but as far as SBs...
smh.gif
, it makes me sad... Thousands of dollars

Originally Posted by vandalshark

i noticed a few things:

more sneakers being released

retail prices going up

resale value going down
Word. And the SB game is crazy, glad i'm not into them, but I did like the What The Dunks

Pertaining to SBs, it would be hilarious if Nike decided to re-release the really hyped up (most expensive) SBs. Think about it, a pair of Tiffanys or Unklesis rapidly increasing, but if Nike were to re-release them the increase in supply would decrease their rarity and prices. Imagine what would happen to peoplewho paid $1000 plus for the Pigeons, their shoe value would diminish. Quality and shoe boxes would have to be the same.

Originally Posted by randomhero1985

Pertaining to SBs, it would be hilarious if Nike decided to re-release the really hyped up (most expensive) SBs. Think about it, a pair of Tiffanys or Unkles is rapidly increasing, but if Nike were to re-release them the increase in supply would decrease their rarity and prices. Imagine what would happen to people who paid $1000 plus for the Pigeons, their shoe value would diminish. Quality and shoe boxes would have to be the same.

They'd be pissed, so what? Nike doesn't see any of the money that resellers make (obviously). Re-releasing popular shoes can only mean twothings: $$$$ for Nike, and really happy true shoeheads.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

Discuss.

laugh.gif
at discuss

but to answer your question yes ALL OG shoes will be CHEAP AND EASIER to obtain with more time passing by were also going to be in the bizzaro world my friend
alien.gif

how does that even makes sense ? i mean honestly man come on
roll.gif
easier withmore time? thats impossible obviously its gonna be harder to get
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by HUYNHer

Pertaining to SBs, it would be hilarious if Nike decided to re-release the really hyped up (most expensive) SBs. Think about it, a pair of Tiffanys or Unkles is rapidly increasing, but if Nike were to re-release them the increase in supply would decrease their rarity and prices. Imagine what would happen to people who paid $1000 plus for the Pigeons, their shoe value would diminish. Quality and shoe boxes would have to be the same.

They'd be pissed, so what? Nike doesn't see any of the money that resellers make (obviously). Re-releasing popular shoes can only mean two things: $$$$ for Nike, and really happy true shoeheads.
That would be nice!!!

as for j's and stuff once mj is completely out of the scene who noes...maybe i'll go up maybe it'll go down...i have a few pairs i didnt get rid ofyet...i might have to soon

It's like an elevator, they go up and down. You can get the IIs and XIVs below retail. When the DMPs first came out, you have to drop like $600. Now, youcan get them for around retail.

I know that %$#* would great all you "SB'ers" would have hissy fits, I can see it now.

They'd be pissed, so what? Nike doesn't see any of the money that resellers make (obviously). Re-releasing popular shoes can only mean two things: $$$$ for Nike, and really happy true shoeheads.
Well said.

But, to answer the question the market is about to fall like no other once the XX3's and Countdown Packs come out. The best time to sell your jays waswhen it was the 20th anniversary.

I am an older head and I'm stopping at XX3's. Most other older collector's are probably going to do the same and then what sell your collectiontrying to cash out on something. Well so will about a few thousand other people. The market will be flooded with a lot of collections up for sale by the timethe XX4's come out.

Yo, rice boy 45 is my account, but it isn't working right now.... I wanted to edit the post to;

Do you guys think the prices of shoes will keep on raising forever & ever? Or that 1 day the whole movement will just crash & the prices of shoeswon't be going for an arm & leg anymore

Back
Top Bottom