The Simpsons = greatest show ever

American Dad >.

You have got to be joking. I love American Dad but not only would there be no AD without Simpsons, it's not even in the same league.
So it can't surpass it?

I'm sorry man, but Simpsons is horrible now. I enjoyed it as a child, but now, not so much. I stopped watching cartoons all together until I stumbled across AD on Netflix. Show is just on another level.

Simpsons is still decently put together but it's nothing like its prime. South Park has been a little more solid thus far and if they could go another 10 seasons they'll be the GOAT.

I have to watch all the Seinfeld episodes... I've seen them here and there, but not enough to fully understand why many say it's the GOAT.

Friends is up there for me I've watched all the episodes of that show so I'm going to have to go with that answer.

There really aren't a lot of other shows I've watched in there entirety so I really don't have a broad perspective.

American Dad >.

You have got to be joking. I love American Dad but not only would there be no AD without Simpsons, it's not even in the same league.
So it can't surpass it?

I'm sorry man, but Simpsons is horrible now. I enjoyed it as a child, but now, not so much. I stopped watching cartoons all together until I stumbled across AD on Netflix. Show is just on another level.

^Take what you just said, you enjoyed the Simpsons as a child, yet the show is STILL on the air. AD might be the best right now to some, but it has a long way to go before it can reach Simpson status. Think not just in terms of being on tv, but merchandise etc. I think the Simpsons is one of the greatest tv shows ever, younger people just lose perspective because it's not as hot right now, but hell, it's been on tv of all but 7 years of my life. Not a lot of shows can say that, so it says something.

Last edited:
Y'all really comparing comedies and animated shows to dramas
laugh.gif
I was gonna say this. Let's start comparing sports cars to SUVs while we're at it.

before they fell off SIMPSONS was da GOAT.... fam guy & AD are taking over the current cartoon state

An animated show can't be a comedy?

Was The Simpsons not in a prime time slot against dramas??

An animated show can't be a comedy?
No one said that. Just about all of them are. Like I said, comparing a show that's meant to be humorous to a show that's meant to be suspenseful is a lot like comparing a corvette to an escalade.

Bottomline, prime Simpsons was THAT good that it makes up for the past years. It was that funny, groundbreaking, and great.

To me there are two shows when discussing the Simpsons. The first half of the series and the second half. The first half is classic, no doubt. The second half really seemed to deviate from the the Simpsons of the first half and was mostly garbage imo. So, if you're talking about the series as a whole, then no. If you're talking about the first half, which I consider to be the real Simpsons, then it might not be the greatest but it's up there. You get no points for longevity when the quality suffers.

Last edited:
To me there are two shows when discussing the Simpsons. The first half of the series and the second half. The first half is classic, no doubt. The second half really seemed to deviate from the the Simpsons of the first half and was mostly garbage imo. So, if you're talking about the series as a whole, then no. If you're talking about the first half, which I consider to be the real Simpsons, then it might not be the greatest but it's up there. You get no points for longevity when the quality suffers.

where would you break that "half" tho lol

Venture Bros. and Arrested Development are the two greatest shows ever. Simpsons doesn't even come close

Last edited:
Venture Bros. and Arrested Development are the two greatest shows ever. Simpsons doesn't even come close

Althought its way off base, I'm not eem mad...

you must be crazy b. First 6/7 seasons of the simpsons was the funniest **** ever. I mess with AD tooo show is funny as hell....but The simpsons 1-7>>>>AD

what the hell is a ventures bros?

where would you break that "half" tho lol

Something like the first 10/11 and the last 12/13.

Back
Top Bottom