the thread about nothing...

I deal with it on the daily...it's comical
I just don't get it. The step-by-step instructions are posted in your cubicle. You've been doing the same task daily for the past two months. Yet, you're still missing steps?

Wow.

I just don't get it. The step-by-step instructions are posted in your cubicle. You've been doing the same task daily for the past two months. Yet, you're still missing steps?

Wow.
most frustrating thing when i moved up to management

just do your damn job

thats why we pay you 

That espn e60 documentary on nikko kollias was CRAZY

i highly suggest it.

Its about the player that got kidnapped

I deal with it on the daily...it's comical

Wow.
Damn, step by step instructions make it even worse 
roll.gif

most frustrating thing when i moved up to management

just do your damn job

thats why we pay you 
Crazy, right? 

I understand that some people aren't as 'computer savvy' when it comes to completing tasks. But I'd assume with excessive training, you would have taken the initiative to find a way to become more efficient and dependent with your your tasks. 

I guess that just isn't the case
mean.gif

The worst part is when people don't ask questions

If you dont get something speak up

Don't just nod your head at me like you understand

roll.gif
Bro, you don't even understand. I printed out the instructions for the task in font size 24. 

The guy takes tons of notes, but doesn't refer to them. When I tell guy to refer to his notes, he looks through his notepad and always tells me 'I don't think I took notes on this'.

Bro, you don't even understand. I printed out the instructions for the task in font size 24. 

The guy takes tons of notes, but doesn't refer to them. When I tell guy to refer to his notes, he looks through his notepad and always tells me 'I don't think I took notes on this'.
at least they take notes

ive done training and people have had notepads and i ask if they got it when they havent written anything down

you serious gonna remember all this stuff?

you gonna make mistakes when we have full reference manuals and there's a bunch of people you can ask?

and we have slack at work, it's so easy to send a screenshot and ask a question 

roll.gif

People just don't read, but I understand that different people are different learner. Trainings don't hit everyone the same. I had an online training I had to complete for work last month. I read the email, followed instructions and completed 3 trainings online in 3 hours. I had 3 co workers complete ONE training in 3 hours because they didn't read the email. They called the IT desk to help them enroll in the online training, it was like listening to the 3 stooges.

yeah when someone is training or ur training them we call that shadowing..I can't stand it..I'm also a know it all so I always end up correcting them and then they get pissed..can't help it

People just don't read, but I understand that different people are different learner. Trainings don't hit everyone the same. I had an online training I had to complete for work last month. I read the email, followed instructions and completed 3 trainings online in 3 hours. I had 3 co workers complete ONE training in 3 hours because they didn't read the email. They called the IT desk to help them enroll in the online training, it was like listening to the 3 stooges.
And you're sitting there like...

one of the job reqs here are work had in the description "Will google things before asking questions"

I loved that 

yeah when someone is training or ur training them we call that shadowing..I can't stand it..I'm also a know it all so I always end up correcting them and then they get pissed..can't help it
Yeah, I thought I had plenty of patience when it came to shadow training, but I don't. 

There was one day, where I was training on how to complete specific email requests and the dude glanced over his phone and was looking at a gallery of shirtless dudes and their abs.
tired.gif

What you do outside of work is none of my business, but please, don't proceed to look at your phone when I'm putting in my time to help you succeed.

It's always nice to hear that your hard work pays off, even when you're too hard on yourself. 

Found out that my two bosses submitted letters of recommendations for me to the management at the SoCal location. Extremely humbled.

Congrats man!

we have a lot of cool resources here that other places dont

if you really want to learn more and advance your career, you can get a safari books account for free since we have an enterprise account

we dont really restrict internet access so you can search for most of what you need

we provide lunch and learn sessions for everything from github, to ones ive run for power pivot and advanced excel

with all of these resources, WHY ARE YOU STILL ASKING DUMB AT WORK

Back
Top Bottom