the thread about nothing...

Belgium Belgium Flanders as in Flanders Field? With the poppy?
Belgium is split in several parts. Our political system is very complicated actually.
There's 3 main regions, and a 4th smaller one. They all have their own government and jurisdiction.
The northern part is referred to as Flanders. The south is called Wallonia. However the Brussels district is its own region as well. These regions all have their own government and jurisdiction. The barrier between Flanders and Wallonia is mostly based on the language barrier between north and south. In the south there is also a 4th region, also with its own government. It is simply referred to as the German region because that is the native language there.
This map illustrates how it looks.
Yellow = Flanders
Orange = Brussels district
Red = Wallonia
Blue = German region
455234fb71c3b9f0ef005340d32b2376.png

North and south tend to dislike eachother. For example, our native language in Flanders is Dutch and learning French is mandatory in school. However the reverse is not the case in Wallonia. Dutch is not a mandatory class in school there and as a result, much of the population doesn't actually speak the native language of us in Flanders. Even many of our federal politicians from Wallonia can't communicate in Dutch. I've been to parliament a few times and there's always loads of politicians sitting there with earpieces because they need a translator to understand eachother. It's pretty pathetic really.
I'm decent at French but whenever I'm in the south I just speak English because it's more convenient and it's pretty much a second native language to me.

I live in a small town in the province of East-Flanders for example and we are governed by different 4 governments. Our municipal government, the provincial government, the Flanders government and lastly the federal government.
As you can imagine, it's not exactly a recipe for effective governing. A while back Belgium was given the spot to build a stadium for the upcoming FIFA Euros in 2020. The process of building permits has become somewhat of a running joke here, especially for large projects. I don't know a single person who expects that stadium will be built by 2020, if at all. The immediate reaction was "Asking Belgium to build a stadium for 2020? Good luck with that, not gonna happen"
A FIFA rep. even said that FIFA would be "very disappointed" if the stadium would not be finished by that time. Which made it all the more ironic given that everyone knows it's not gonna happen.
Last I heard the permit to start hasn't even been approved and the construction company is stuck in court trying to appeal rulings preventing them from building.

20065667_1769751349983254_4424378843926626304_n-jpg.1947076

Any info on this release? The dudes in the AM97 thread seem oblivious. I can't seem to find a solid lead on them via google.

I got a few. Some Polo Black from way back. Jean Paul Gaultier and Rihanna mens joint which surprisingly smells good that a fiend gave me. Cosign the Dior too thats a good one.

Y'all need to hop on that cologne thread and thank me later.

I approve of Costco.

Just make sure to go 30-1hr before opening so you could get your car worked on.

Back
Top Bottom