the thread about nothing...

*Sees ad from a salon for $50 wash, retwist, and dreadlock style special*
*Gets excited and calls the salon to set up appointment*
*Finds out that there's a catch, a consultation must be done*
*Go into shop and find out I'll have to pay $75 since I haven't gotten my hair done since July*

>: :smh:

how much does dreadlock maintenance cost? im assuming these are maxi preist and not gunplay type dreads.

Last edited:

No dambs given...

yo dreds is made expensive, but cats think its cheap. the amount of :x that grows in them naps is crazy.

Team Fade till i die.

how much does dreadlock maintenance cost? im assuming these are maxi preist and not gunplay type dreads.

It depends on how long it is and who's doing it. I only pay $35 because I've been going to the same chick since my dreds were barely touching my neck, about 7 years. We cool AF now, so she just never up'ed the price on me.

I heard dudes pay up to $100 a retwist! :wow:

*Go into shop and find out I'll have to pay $75 since I haven't gotten my hair done since July*

It varies. Some spots might charge you $50 for everything: washing, retwisting, and styling (meh)

But there are loads of salons wanting upwards of $65. My best stylist back home charged me $60 the last time, talking about booth fees and **** >D but there were some spots that would take off money if you washed your own hair before coming in.

My dreads aren't maxi priest long, but they've got some length, and I've got a lot of dreads so between washing, twisting, and sitting under that annoying *** blow dryer, I could be in a shop for 3- 3 1/2 hours. This broad talkin bout some "well usually we get most people out in 2 hours". I knew I should've lied when she asked when was the last time I got my hair done man.

I gotta find me a chick in the hood ASAP, because if I pay this broad $75, she won't get no ******g tip, I'll be mad the entire time, and if I don't at least get chewed on by a freak within the next week I'm going back in that thang sprayin

It varies. Some spots might charge you $50 for everything: washing, retwisting, and styling (meh)

But there are loads of salons wanting upwards of $65. My best stylist back home charged me $60 the last time, talking about booth fees and **** >D but there were some spots that would take off money if you washed your own hair before coming in.

My dreads aren't maxi priest long, but they've got some length, and I've got a lot of dreads so between washing, twisting, and sitting under that annoying *** blow dryer, I could be in a shop for 3- 3 1/2 hours. This broad talkin bout some "well usually we get most people out in 2 hours". I knew I should've lied when she asked when was the last time I got my hair done man.

I gotta find me a chick in the hood ASAP, because if I pay this broad $75, she won't get no ******g tip, I'll be mad the entire time, and if I don't at least get chewed on by a freak within the next week I'm going back in that thang sprayin

jamaicans/africans always had the best prices when i had braids. like low low, less than or around 20 bucks. maybe they can hook it up with the dreads?

Last edited:
My brother didn't invite to my niece's baptism, but is quick to invite me to help him move into his new house.

Feels batman.

Last edited:
jamaicans/africans always had the best prices when i had braids. like low low, less than 20 bucks. maybe they can hook it up with the dreads?

No. They're the ones charging $75 - $100.

It depends on how long it is and who's doing it. I only pay $35 because I've been going to the same chick since my dreds were barely touching my neck, about 7 years. We cool AF now, so she just never up'ed the price on me.

I heard dudes pay up to $100 a retwist! :wow:

You fell into a good situation my dude.

$100 for the retwist :x Ain't eem surprised though, those gotta be the cats with crazy long locs.

Won't front, when I'm getting retwisted and it's taking mad long, I sometimes feel bad for the chick doing it and think that they deserve more cash. It's a long, tedious process, and I hate it. I wish I could instantly have my hair done. I straight up get aggy AF under that blow dryer son :smh:

And I guess waiting 2+ months for a retwist is bad thing in some peoples' eyes. The chick was saying every 6 weeks, but I'm tryna keep this hairline where it's at B.

^Where you at bro? My chick twist my whole head in about 20 minutes, and my locks are about halfway down my back. I spend about 90% of the time with her under the dryer.

I'm in a grungy place :nerd:.

20 minutes? :wow: How many locs do you have?

I used to go to some Dominicans in Central FL and they would fly through my head, sometimes tag teaming my **** to speed up the process. It's the talkative, easily distracted black girls that take forever.

Last edited:
I'm in Tallahassee.

I used to go to some Dominicans in Orlando and they would fly through my head, sometimes tag teaming my **** to speed up the process. It's the talkative, easily distracted black girls that take forever.
but I thought Dominicans were black?
NT is confusing.

Tallahassee?!

Boy, you better go to the foot and get a breezy to hook you up for cheap. :lol: I'll sit fir 2 hrs for the $20.

I have a few dreads(reg size), and she does them quick...talking the WHOLE damb time. I never even knew how luck I was to be going to here untill I put someone else on her. If you was in Houston I'd give you her number. Them NO chick, get it done. :pimp:.

I'm in Tallahassee.

I used to go to some Dominicans in Orlando and they would fly through my head, sometimes tag teaming my **** to speed up the process. It's the talkative, easily distracted black girls that take forever.
NT is confusing.

dark skin Dominicans...you know what lets not open that can of worms right now :nerd:

I'm in Tallahassee.

NT is confusing.

dark skin Dominicans...you know what lets not open that can of worms right now :nerd:

oh NT,
how silly you are :lol:

Back
Top Bottom