the thread about nothing...

Dwyane Wade has emotional response to Parkland victim being buried in his jersey
usp_nba-_memphis_grizzlies_at_miami_heat.jpg

180SHARES
TWEET
EMAIL
By: Andrew Joseph | February 26, 2018 4:19 pm

On Sunday, Dwyane Wade learned that Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting victim Joaquin Oliver was buried in a Wade Miami Heat jersey.

The Heat guard had an emotional response on Twitter upon hearing about the 17-year-old’s burial.

https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/967809535648858112
DWade

✔@DwyaneWade

You’re about to make me cry this afternoon https://twitter.com/rhetoric2/status/967780619701932032 …

12:12 PM - Feb 25, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

After Heat practice on Monday morning, Wade addressed Oliver’s tribute to reporters and remained emotional.

He said via sun-sentinel.com:

“You really can’t put that in words. I don’t even know the word for it. Like I re-tweeted on Twitter, I said, ‘You’re going to make me cry.’ It’s emotional even thinking about that, that his parents felt that burying him in my jersey is something that he wanted. I take a lot of pride in what I’ve done in this state and what I’ve meant for the youth, so I appreciate that.”

He continued:

“I definitely always said my life has always been bigger than basketball. Playing here and being able to do some of the things I’ve done on the court, and I think off the court just as equally has helped that for sure. My mom always told me that my life was bigger than basketball. And I always carry that around by the way I try to treat people. I treat them the way that I want to be treated or the way I want my kids to be treated. I also understand the position that I’m in. God has given me this unbelievable opportunity to play at this level, and I understand what comes with that from a role model standpoint.”

Later on Monday, Wade took to Twitter to pay his respects to Oliver’s memory and re-emphasized why NBA players will remain outspoken on social issues.

View image on Twitter

https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/968262961868562432
DWade

✔@DwyaneWade

This is Joaquin Oliver. He was one of the 17 young lives that were lost tragically at Douglas HighSchool in Parkland. Joaquin was one of many that i heard was excited about my return to Miami and yesterday was buried in my jersey. This is why we will not just SHUT up and dribble!.

damm, :frown:. Hope that shooter gets the needle

Family has a house out there, I haven’t been yet. Any spots I should hit up? Bars? Food? Shopping? Nightlife?

The Tlaquepaque area is nice. A lot of restaurants, bars, shops, etc.
Also the old town is nice for site seeing. Dope architecture and a couple of nice things to visit.

Food:
You should definitely try Tortas Ahogadas.
For tacos, any street food stand / restaurant will do the job. My favorite is the Al pastor.
Can't go wrong with Chilaquiles for breakfast.
Desert: Nieve de Garrafa (ice cream). Some dope flavours like tequila and other drinks. Terricallas is also a desert to try.

I didn't really hit any bar / nightlife in Guadalajara. San Pancho has a few nice places on the main street where you can drink and hang out.

If your fam has a house there, you have to go. That's a potential very cheap and nice trip for you :lol:

why does the bottom of this page have a pic of tee shirts with animal faces on it? I have never bought one or searched for one... is the FBI hinting to me that I need to update my dad-fashion?

Something should have been done to Zaza

Hurting Leonard last year should have been the final straw

That series was over after that

Warriors been public enemy #1 since the first chip

• Doing Johnny Cage moves on dudes in the playoffs
  • Calling **** fixed when games dont go they way (Even though they're dominating the league)
  • Antagonizing refs then playing innocent
  • Demanding NBA on TNT punish Shaq for those McGee highlights (Like they fake or something)
Whole squad come off like front runners
Yeah the hate for my childhood franchise is real.

But let's state the facts. People hated the Warriors because they won because Kyrie got hurt. They settled that last year.

Curry has never gotten the same calls other MVPs received. And you can't just call him a shooter, because there is plenty of evidence showing he's driven to the lane and has been fouled harder than any touch foul called on former MVPs.

People hate the Warriors because they think they're just a 3-pt shooting team.

People hate Draymond and think he is the dirtiest player in the league and can't play defense. But his stats in the past 3 years prove he is deserved of the DPOY award more than once.

And the large percentage of fans that joined the bandwagon who get all riled up and sensitive on social media make people hate the Warriors even more.

Zaza on Kawhi.

Zaza on Russ. Last year and this year.

KD and all things related to KD.

Marc Jackson sounding bitter every single broadcast he's on when the Warriors are playing.

The list goes on and on.

I grew up watching this franchise be bottom dwellers for half my life and to see where this franchise has gone in the past five years has been a big thing for me. Something I wish my grandfather was able to see, because I'd stay up watching games with him and getting frustrated with him.

Yeah the hate for my childhood franchise is real.

But let's state the facts. People hated the Warriors because they won because Kyrie got hurt. They settled that last year.

Curry has never gotten the same calls other MVPs received. And you can't just call him a shooter, because there is plenty of evidence showing he's driven to the lane and has been fouled harder than any touch foul called on former MVPs.

People hate the Warriors because they think they're just a 3-pt shooting team.

People hate Draymond and think he is the dirtiest player in the league and can't play defense. But his stats in the past 3 years prove he is deserved of the DPOY award more than once.

And the large percentage of fans that joined the bandwagon who get all riled up and sensitive on social media make people hate the Warriors even more.

Zaza on Kawhi.

Zaza on Russ. Last year and this year.

KD and all things related to KD.

Marc Jackson sounding bitter every single broadcast he's on when the Warriors are playing.

The list goes on and on.

I grew up watching this franchise be bottom dwellers for half my life and to see where this franchise has gone in the past five years has been a big thing for me. Something I wish my grandfather was able to see, because I'd stay up watching games with him and getting frustrated with him.
I don't think people hated the Warriors because they beat the Cavs without Kyrie. It's not like they intentionally injured him.

It's more because of the "they only chuck up 3 pointers" and Steph Curry not being humble.

not a big fan of how curry showboats every play but aside from that I don't hate them. i also dont like zaza cuz im a big spurs fan

Back
Top Bottom