the thread about nothing...

Is their a show/film/comic/video game that anyone would like to see rebooted into a brand new tv show or movie? Thinking about making a thread but I figured I'd test it in here first. Just feels like everyday something from the late 80's or full 90's is getting relaunched
Maybe The Critic, can't remember very well, I was very young, but Home Alone 5 always makes me laugh

Also I think the tone of this cartoon was pretty unique at the time...Action with Jay Mohr was also cool, and maybe these two ones haven't reach their goals at the time and rebooting them can add a value ?
All the ones I love, I just do not want to see any reboot. Like Oz or The Wire. I prefer to discover new sitcoms.

EDIT : Maybe Beavis and Butthead but it would be very weird as they represent so much the nineties...Or a show about related characters...

EDIT : Maybe Beavis and Butthead but it would be very weird as they represent so much the nineties...Or a show about related characters...
I was just thinking about Cornholio the other day.

I think if a network tried to do a Beavis and Butthead type of show, it would be in their best interest to make it either Reality TV Show based or Network News based (in place of music videos).

Honestly, going back to music videos wouldn't be a bad idea either as it would pump life into a dying art form. But I think it'd be short lived and would pale in comparison to what a show like Tosh.0 can accomplish without the handcuffs of music.

Better yet start now and don't worry about what people think about you at all.
I think there is value in caring what people think about you somewhat. The line is hard to describe (at least for me...I'm terrible with communication). I think the person that sits in the middle of the aisle with their cart making it hard or impossible for anyone to get around should absolutely start to care what people think.

I wish I didn't care about 2nd hand clothes. I find it crazy that I go shopping for my kids every 3 months just so they can outgrow this stuff. Even setting a limit of 25 bucks for top and bottom outfit set (whether it comes together or just pieces we pick up separately) seems like a waste when it's outgrown in 3 months.

And don't even get me started on pajamas.

But I'm not wearing hand my downs and neither are my kids.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about Cornholio the other day.

I think if a network tried to do a Beavis and Butthead type of show, it would be in their best interest to make it either Reality TV Show based or Network News based (in place of music videos).

Honestly, going back to music videos wouldn't be a bad idea either as it would pump life into a dying art form. But I think it'd be short lived and would pale in comparison to what a show like Tosh.0 can accomplish without the handcuffs of music.
I even bought few years ago the Don Cornholio MTV's snapback, what a disappointing, poor quality :lol: Also can relate to Beavis as I love coffee and as I used to love fire a little too much as a kid :D Plus his angriness makes him suffer but at least he's not so bad in comparison to Butthead...

maq25060 maq25060
"I think there is value in caring what people think about you somewhat. The line is hard to describe (at least for me...I'm terrible with communication). I think the person that sits in the middle of the aisle with their cart making it hard or impossible for anyone to get around should absolutely start to care what people think."

Reputation means something, it is what can you avoid problems. But if anyway no problem can arrive, I think it is more sane to not know what people think about you. I prefer to do not know what anyone think about me. I prefer to be real than to be loved. If we know what people think about this and that, next thing is spontaneity will disappear and we all will be fake as hell

Last edited:
I think there is value in caring what people think about you somewhat. The line is hard to describe (at least for me...I'm terrible with communication). I think the person that sits in the middle of the aisle with their cart making it hard or impossible for anyone to get around should absolutely start to care what people think.

You didn't catch the last part during my stealth edit which provides better context. I am by no means suggesting to not be considerate or have empathy for others. I am suggesting that I would not waste any part of my life to worry about how people perceive me especially for superficial and arbitrary reasons.

You didn't catch the last part during my stealth edit which provides better context. I am by no means suggesting to not be considerate or have empathy for others. I am suggesting that I would not waste any part of my life to worry about how people perceive me especially for superficial and arbitrary reasons.
What's your stance on hand me downs? I don't think you have kids, but lets say you did.

There are other things that I kind of knowingly or unknowingly do or don't do because of what others may think. The hand me downs thing is tough for me. If I were to be honest, a lot of it is based on what others would/could think. Plus the hygiene factor. But you can actually find a lot of 2nd hand stuff that is not just new to you or "gently used" but actually brand new never worn.

Lastly, I wish Ciroc was less expensive. My local liquor store has some pretty damn good prices, but even still.

Can't believe this :lol: At least he offers shipping...Was about to buy Monarch in Bred and another one in Volt and I found this...
lol.jpg

People.

What's your stance on hand me downs? I don't think you have kids, but lets say you did.

There are other things that I kind of knowingly or unknowingly do or don't do because of what others may think. The hand me downs thing is tough for me. If I were to be honest, a lot of it is based on what others would/could think. Plus the hygiene factor. But you can actually find a lot of 2nd hand stuff that is not just new to you or "gently used" but actually brand new never worn.
I do not have kids. But I did grow up wearing hand-me-downs because money was tight and I was the youngest. Some were from my older siblings and some were from my older cousins. As a kid I was naive to the concept that hand-me-downs were considered lower status, even though I was privy to the fact that we were poor.

Fast forward to today, I can afford just about any piece of gear that I want within reason. Some might take longer to save up for, and if it takes more time then so be it. Grail be damned, there is no way I am compromising for worn shoes. I'd rather be cheap with anything else besides those pertaining to health such as shelter, food, and clothes.

I'd rather be cheap with anything else besides those pertaining to health such as shelter, food, and clothes.
Same here, I don't buy any furniture no more. I have old ones and I pick ones up. I have no car, no pet, no kid, I don't smoke no more, I don't drink no more, haven't travel for years, I have a low GSM subscription, I haven't got a bus pass, I walk a lot, so my money goes for my sneakers, the food, clothes, and that's all.

And I listen to music in streaming, same for movies.

The day we should be able to download food and clothes :pimp:

Is their a show/film/comic/video game that anyone would like to see rebooted into a brand new tv show or movie? Thinking about making a thread but I figured I'd test it in here first. Just feels like everyday something from the late 80's or full 90's is getting relaunched

Christopher Nolan Street Sharks

Batman beyond
Real talk this sounds extremely likely to happen at some point. People love Batman
Maybe The Critic, can't remember very well, I was very young, but Home Alone 5 always makes me laugh

Also I think the tone of this cartoon was pretty unique at the time...Action with Jay Mohr was also cool, and maybe these two ones haven't reach their goals at the time and rebooting them can add a value ?
All the ones I love, I just do not want to see any reboot. Like Oz or The Wire. I prefer to discover new sitcoms.

I barely remember Action, the Critic could definitely work, if their going with someone new then the guy who does Bobs Burgers could pen it. Or Brandon Small of Home Movies fame
Christopher Nolan Street Sharks
Eating toasters in alternate realities why not

Wouldn't mind a S.W.A.T Cats show on adult swim (One of the best theme song ever). Would also be down for a grown up Hey Arnold. I'm also pretty sure we'll see a Robotech film once Hollywood goes all in on Japanese properties

Back
Top Bottom