the thread about nothing...

I was poor as hell all through school and def got those free lunch meals. Not once did I ever bring my own lunch with the snack pack, or the Capri sun, or the fruit by the foot. It was always free chocolate milk box with the square brick of pizza and an orange slice or something like that.

I don’t remember being poor, I thought I was just like everybody else but naw my parents were BROKE. Some years later I remember running into my old lunch lady and she was like “oh bless the lord you made it. You were so hungry you used to beg for seconds and we would always hook you up. Never thought you’d make it past the 4th grade.”

0813F6C8-24D9-4F26-86BE-3B8ACB96D536.gif

I’m like god damn, thanks Mom and dad. Can’t even pack me a peanut butter jelly sammich just ONCE? Or give me like a dollar so I can buy the rope licorice from the snack bar just ONCE?

Looking back now though I know they were hurtin and gave me everything they had.

Yeah, all the kids at my school qualified for free lunch. There was a snack bar in the cafeteria that sold junk food like chips, cookies, icees. They got so little business that one time I had $5 that my aunt gave me and I couldn't buy anything. There wasn't enough money in their register to give me change.
You said you went to O-High right? Did they still have Curly Cheese Fries or Cheese Fries when you went? I remember buying it and all my friends came like Piranhas, hands all over the place reaching in. It was so easy to get free lunches there too, you get your lunch and whatever number isn't crossed out, you just say it and get free lunches Haha.

I was poor as hell all through school and def got those free lunch meals. Not once did I ever bring my own lunch with the snack pack, or the Capri sun, or the fruit by the foot. It was always free chocolate milk box with the square brick of pizza and an orange slice or something like that.

I don’t remember being poor, I thought I was just like everybody else but naw my parents were BROKE. Some years later I remember running into my old lunch lady and she was like “oh bless the lord you made it. You were so hungry you used to beg for seconds and we would always hook you up. Never thought you’d make it past the 4th grade.”

0813F6C8-24D9-4F26-86BE-3B8ACB96D536.gif

I’m like god damn, thanks Mom and dad. Can’t even pack me a peanut butter jelly sammich just ONCE? Or give me like a dollar so I can buy the rope licorice from the snack bar just ONCE?

Looking back now though I know they were hurtin and gave me everything they had.

I went through the same thing with my brother and sister. I didn’t think anything of it until my senior year of high school when I actually felt embarrassed being handed the tickets for the year. My school crush handed them to me and I wanted the earth to open up swallow me whole :angry::blush:

I would love to swim laps for my cardio.

Wish I had access to one but I’ve resorted to bicycling instead. Not bad as I’m out in the open air surrounded by a beautiful park.

The lupe line from food and liquor REAL.
Relates to what y’all talking, my fam didn’t have it all it was a hustle.

“Struggle
Another sign that God love you
'Cause on the low
Being poor make you humble
Keep they names in my rhymes
To try and keep 'em out of trouble
'Cause being poor also teach you how to hustle
All they want is some shoes
Or some rims for they bubble”

You said you went to O-High right? Did they still have Curly Cheese Fries or Cheese Fries when you went? I remember buying it and all my friends came like Piranhas, hands all over the place reaching in. It was so easy to get free lunches there too, you get your lunch and whatever number isn't crossed out, you just say it and get free lunches Haha.

The story I wrote today took place in Elementary school. But yeah O-High still had the cheese fries when I was there. I was kind of picky about them. They tasted best when the fries were slightly brown and the cheese was still hot. If the fries were too mushy, I didn't like them. That is usually when I got to the bottom of the tray.

By the time I was there they had a keypad to enter lunch numbers. A kid who I thought was starting to be my friend because we took the bus together and had conversations, started to work in the cafeteria. Sometimes I used my own lunch number and also another kid's, who didn't eat lunch. Well the kid I took the bus with was working the register. He saw the number I entered did not match my own and he ratted me out. There was nothing for him to gain from it and he wouldn't have gotten in trouble for it. So it baffles me. :smh:

Last edited:
I swear I have never met so many people in their 30s whose parents pay their cell phone.

What? Is that a thing?

Never had my phone paid for. Ever. I’m mid 20s

Is it a bad look if I can't secure a job within a year of graduation in America? Im from hk and if you can't get one within a year over there it's game over

A gap in a CV is never a good look. But right after graduation? You can easily make up a reason such as travelling

The story I wrote today took place in Elementary school. But yeah O-High still had the cheese fries when I was there. I was kind of picky about them. They tasted best when the fries were slightly brown and the cheese was still hot. If the fries were too mushy, I didn't like them. That is usually when I got to the bottom of the tray.

By the time I was there they had a keypad to enter lunch numbers. A kid who I thought was starting to be my friend because we took the bus together and had conversations, started to work in the cafeteria. Sometimes I used my own lunch number and also another kid's, who didn't eat lunch. Well the kid I took the bus with was working the register. He saw the number I entered did not match my own and he ratted me out. There was nothing for him to gain from it and he wouldn't have gotten in trouble for it. So it baffles me. :smh:
Haha what an ***hole. Lol...

Haha what an ***hole. Lol...
He and the other few kids who worked in the cafeteria grabbed whatever they wanted when their shift was over. So I think it is part of human nature to hate to see someone else obtain the same thing with less effort. I think this is why people go out of their way to call out others for wearing fake sneakers when there is not much separating it from the real or authentics.

I know he and the other few kids who worked in the cafeteria grabbed whatever they wanted when their shift was over. So I think it is part of human nature to hate to see someone else obtain the same thing with less effort. I think this is why people go out of their way to call out others for wearing fake sneakers when there is not much separating it from the real.
If it was my year and he did that, he would’ve gotten his *** beat. Did the kids at O-high get soft or something?

If it was my year and he did that, he would’ve gotten his *** beat. Did the kids at O-high get soft or something?

I wouldn't say my generation was soft, but I have heard and read stories about O-high in the 90's and it seemed rougher. If I was younger and less sensible, I would've retaliated. But I got expelled and suspended enough times in my earlier years and I didn't want to give my parents anymore grief. Plus this dude wasnt worth my time, his actions told me enough about his character.

I wouldn't say my generation was soft, but I have heard and read stories about O-high in the 90's and it seemed rougher. I got expelled and suspended enough times in my earlier years so I didn't want to give my parents anymore grief. Plus this dude wasnt worth my time, his actions told me enough about his character.
I see, you’re definitely more mature than I was at that age then :lol: We got into non stop fights, it was like the Wild West during the 90s when I was there.

I see, you’re definitely more mature than I was at that age then :lol: We got into non stop fights, it was like the Wild West during the 90s when I was there.

I heard the stories of when O-High hosted summer school for all the other high schools in the 90's. If you know, you know. Well, one summer I had to attend when O-high hosted and I made sure I was equipped in case anything went down. Suprisingly, it was tame and I did not have to go to extremes.

I heard the stories of when O-High hosted summer school for all the other high schools in the 90's. If you know, you know. Well, one summer I had to attend when O-high hosted and I made sure I was equipped in case anything went down. Suprisingly, it was tame and I did not have to go to extremes.
Maybe cuz all the kids was cutting class in Summer so it was more tamed. During one of the years I was there, there was a Black vs Asian year. Some asian dude that went to another HS got into a fight with a black dude or something and busted his skull. The blacks retaliated thinking the Asian dude was from our school, then Asians started to fight back. It was going back and fourth for weeks. People getting beat with bats, sticks with nails in it. Getting jumped left and right on both end. Seems like everyone was just finding an excuses for a brawl. Chinese vs Vietnamese, Chinese vs Mexicans, Blacks vs Mexicans, Mexicans vs Cambodians etc..

Maybe cuz all the kids was cutting class in Summer so it was more tamed. During one of the years I was there, there was a Black vs Asian year. Some asian dude that went to another HS got into a fight with a black dude or something and busted his skull. The blacks retaliated thinking the Asian dude was from our school, then Asians started to fight back. It was going back and fourth for weeks. People getting beat with bats, sticks with nails in it. Getting jumped left and right on both end. Seems like everyone was just finding an excuses for a brawl. Chinese vs Vietnamese, Chinese vs Mexicans, Blacks vs Mexicans, Mexicans vs Cambodians etc..

I don't think anyone was cutting, this was when OUSD had budget deficits and could only enroll Juniors at risk of not graduating for summer school. Plus the classes had a strict rule of dismissing students with more than 2 unexcused absences.

There were some of those incidents when I was there. I recall there was one when it was a Mien Gang vs Black Gang and an Arab Gang vs Vietnamese Gang. It didn't spill into an all out race war, it was only between the people who were actually involved. The most graphic thing I saw was when there was a brawl on the street right by the AM PM. A dude got hit in the head with a pipe and he was bleeding profusely. He ran and chased after whoever he thought hit him until he fainted and passed out on the street.

Last edited:
jesus christ , someone actually filmed a junkie walk for 10 min :rofl:

i did cheat an FF and i laughed but this is so ****in sad :smh:

First day of my summer internship in the books! :smile:

Straight paperwork and administrative work but I'm excited to partake in a new experience/journey.

It will certainly take some time to adjust to. My commute is much longer and complicates a bunch of things with my family's schedule but going to take it one day at a time.

Proud of my progression over the years though. Finally working for a well-known company and getting paid $10 more an hour than I was last summer. Here's to a successful summer! 8)

First day of my summer internship in the books! :smile:

Straight paperwork and administrative work but I'm excited to partake in a new experience/journey.

It will certainly take some time to adjust to. My commute is much longer and complicates a bunch of things with my family's schedule but going to take it one day at a time.

Proud of my progression over the years though. Finally working for a well-known company and getting paid $10 more an hour than I was last summer. Here's to a successful summer! 8)

Reads like an anime epilogue.

Congrats tho, for real my brother.

Back
Top Bottom