the thread about nothing...

BC4780FC-1589-4305-9775-EF37C4A8E92D.jpeg

Shabu night. It’s going to be a cold night in The Bay. Need to over eat and warm up.

At least you had one. :smile: Barely got any toys or games growing up. Went to my friend's house to play on the weekends tho.
Oh i was cool w/ it b/c my mothers roommate gave me her playstation. When i finally did get one though my mom made me bring it back to gamestop b/c my dad had got me a gba. It was yellow (the best color imo and the one i wanted the most) and I honestly appreciated it more b/c my grandparents brought it for me despite not having dough like that. I would have and actually choose over the gba, but my mom was like "no."

Oh i was cool w/ it b/c my mothers roommate gave me her playstation. When i finally did get one though my mom made me bring it back to gamestop b/c my dad had got me a gba. It was yellow (the best color imo and the one i wanted the most) and I honestly appreciated it more b/c my grandparents brought it for me despite not having dough like that. I would have and actually choose over the gba, but my mom was like "no."
Was the yellow GBA the Pokemon edition? I did end up buying the translucent purple Gameboy color later on and one of the first games I bought was the special pikachu edition. I think that might be the best Pokemon game for game boy.

I just finished an online interview. Don't think I got the job sadly. On to the next one sigh
Online interview? They have those? Do you respond to someone or is it just a series of questions?

I did. I got it for Christmas, and yes it was as glorious as your nostalgic dreams said it would be
I remember my friends had all the accessories for it. I was envious. haha. No nostalgia here since I didn't have one to be nostalgic about.....:lol: Even though the OG gameboy is the weakest, it's still the best one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the yellow GBA the Pokemon edition? I did end up buying the see through purple GBA later on and one of the first games I bought was the special pikachu edition. I think that might be the best Pokemon game for game boy.
nah there was a regular one and a pokemon w/ pikachu, jigglypuff, and something else w/ different color control buttons. I only played pokemon red, crystal, and emerald. The purple see-through gba was the one I had as well.

Like a Skype video call with the manager. I can't speak Cantonese at a passable workplace level, felt like that was the deciding factor
Ahhhh....You had an online interview this late? I use to try to avoid jobs that only want me because I know how to speak Cantonese and not because of my actual skills.

nah there was a regular one and a pokemon w/ pikachu, jigglypuff, and something else w/ different color control buttons. I only played pokemon red, crystal, and emerald. The purple see-through gba was the one I had as well.
I corrected myself, it was the gameboy color I bought. Not the GBA. You must be a lot younger than I am to play those 3 and not the older ones. Actually I don't even know the orders of them. They made way too many Pokemon games.

Ahhhh....You had an online interview this late? I use to try to avoid jobs that only want me because I know how to speak Cantonese and not because of my actual skills.

The job is in hk so a 13 hour time difference. I agree with you and the guy was like yeah your resume is cool. But implicitly I could tell it was the Cantonese that is the red flag

The job is in hk so a 13 hour time difference. I agree with you and the guy was like yeah your resume is cool. But implicitly I could tell it was the Cantonese that is the red flag
No wonder. So you're down to move to HK if accepted for a position? My friend just moved there in July/August for work too. It was his dream to move somewhere overseas to work and live. He still likes it a lot and said the protest isn't as bad as it looks, just cant go out at night sometimes.

Based on past experience when I was younger, working for an Asian owned company was a mistake. Asians really like to gossip and backstab each other. So many things wrong in those environment. They really disregard every rules/law. :lol: I know I shouldn't apply it to all asians because it sounds ignorant but even the non americanized asians around here seems to backstab their own friends too, not just the work place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom