the thread about nothing...

I’m glad the whole “tagger/graffiti” scene is dying in my area. Never understood what these guys got from going out and writing their made up names on a wall. Just makes the neighborhood look bad alongside the usual gang graffiti (which is bad enough).
I still remember one of those goofs bragging about his name being seen for a few seconds in the background of a Transformers movie, like is was a monumental feat :lol::smh: These dude literally lived like slobs and could barely afford their spray paint cans.

Never understood what these guys got from going out and writing their made up names on a wall. Just makes the neighborhood look bad alongside the usual gang graffiti (which is bad enough).

I understand what you mean...I like looking at graffiti when im on a train or traveling...or if im around a big city...it is art and its nice to see someones perspective/skill...its also fun trying to decipher whats written...

but with that being said...id be really upset if someone painted anything on my property...and if i lived next to a freeway or wall that constantly got tagged that would also annoy me

I understand what you mean...I like looking at graffiti when im on a train or traveling...or if im around a big city...it is art and its nice to see someones perspective/skill...its also fun trying to decipher whats written...

but with that being said...id be really upset if someone painted anything on my property...and if i lived next to a freeway or wall that constantly got tagged that would also annoy me

Sometimes the real artsy stuff is cool to look at but those are like unicorns. I usually see stuff that is super boring and sloppy, like why bother even putting that up? the wall was better of blank.

I used to see the owners of businesses shaking their heads in the morning when they would come to open up their store to find more graffiti. I felt bad for them because it would be the 3rd time in a week they’d have to go over it with wall paint. I’d be pissed if that was my business/property.

Same. I still wish he was playing.
Same bro same...miss that dude & his prolific mind boggling ways to drop buckets. I cringed when LeBron signed with the Lakers & they dubbed him "King of L.A." that's wild disrespectful to Kobe & even Shaq to an extent but moreso Kobe. How quickly they forget. There's only 1 King of L.A. & that's Black Mamba

I’m glad the whole “tagger/graffiti” scene is dying in my area. Never understood what these guys got from going out and writing their made up names on a wall. Just makes the neighborhood look bad alongside the usual gang graffiti (which is bad enough).
I still remember one of those goofs bragging about his name being seen for a few seconds in the background of a Transformers movie, like is was a monumental feat :lol::smh: These dude literally lived like slobs and could barely afford their spray paint cans.
I don't love it nor do I hate it, but I most def appreciate it. Graffiti & a grimey, rugged neighborhood scenery goes hand-in-hand imo. 80s NYC had that graffiti vibes :pimp:. It def has an artistic side to it. Any NYC cats on here rmbr takin the 7 train pulling into 5 Points & seein all that legendary graffiti?

Any NYC cats on here rmbr takin the 7 train pulling into 5 Points & seein all that legendary graffiti?
1577408942709.png

I have more pics.....

My GF’s white senile old aunt with dementia dropped a hard R n-word at Christmas dinner last night like it was nothing.

We were talking about the best types of nuts like peanuts and almonds etc.

someone mentioned that Brazil nuts were super expensive but gross.

Aunt dementia chimes in, “when I was younger they used to call them ****** toes.”

And continued to eat her ham like she just answered a question on jeopardy or something :lol:

I laugh but it’s actually pretty sad.

My GF’s white senile old aunt with dementia dropped a hard R n-word at Christmas dinner last night like it was nothing.

Aunt dementia chimes in, “when I was younger they used to call them ****** toes.”

And continued to eat her ham like she just answered a question on jeopardy or something :lol:

She threw that out there to test you. You should've checked her immediately. Now she thinks she has a pass and will get even bolder. That's how closet racists operate.

Disappointed you let that slide

I kinda wanna tackle this and your other post on my pc... I'm on my phone now but

It's not really for you to get. We do it for ourselves and it cant be compared to gang graffiti.

We dont pay for paint. We take it.

Sometimes the real artsy stuff is cool to look at but those are like unicorns. I usually see stuff that is super boring and sloppy, like why bother even putting that up? the wall was better of blank.

I used to see the owners of businesses shaking their heads in the morning when they would come to open up their store to find more graffiti. I felt bad for them because it would be the 3rd time in a week they’d have to go over it with wall paint. I’d be pissed if that was my business/property.
Ppl arent really piecing on the streets like that. It's too risky. Go to a yard or maybe Detroit for that.

Art is subjective. What you like I might not like. Piecing isnt necessarily better. Theres a charm in throwies.
The streets are for tags and throwies and straight letters in most american cities.

Those business owners have insurance anyway. Its paint. We make the neighborhoods less boring really.

It's a staple where I'm from and theres a reason ppl around the world emulate.

I don't love it nor do I hate it, but I most def appreciate it. Graffiti & a grimey, rugged neighborhood scenery goes hand-in-hand imo. 80s NYC had that graffiti vibes :pimp:. It def has an artistic side to it. Any NYC cats on here rmbr takin the 7 train pulling into 5 Points & seein all that legendary graffiti?
what happened to it was grimy. Honestly looking out of the window on the j or 6 train is better.

I don't think ppl consider how hard it is to do it. Even simple stuff is hard due to nerves, can control, etc.

KHUFU KHUFU
M Mark Antony
Brownstone Brownstone
nawghtyhare nawghtyhare
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican
P Present
marikomorose marikomorose

She threw that out there to test you. You should've checked her immediately. Now she thinks she has a pass and will get even bolder. That's how closet racists operate.
Disappointed you let that slide
alchemist iq alchemist iq they already handled that. calibeebee calibeebee would u say something if that happened again? I understand being caught off guard by something that unexpected/outlandish said. Never to that extreme, but I can imagine.

what happened to it was grimy. Honestly looking out of the window on the j or 6 train is better.

I don't think ppl consider how hard it is to do it. Even simple stuff is hard due to nerves, can control, etc.
They painted over it I believe in 2014? Maybe 2015...don't remember the exact year. It was soo dope to look at & artistic. The building complex was rundown & deteriorating anyway so the constant additions weren't hurting anything. I heard the property owner had it with all the graffiti & tagging & knowing it was so beloved by locals, having it repainted was his big F YOU to everyone :rofl:. And you're absolutely right about people not considering the work & organization required to pull something like that off. You need a crazy steady hand, reliable people on lookout for cops in all directions, a tall ladder & coordination at all times...underrated talent & artwork

Last edited:

I never rode the J or 6...gotta youtube it for views from those trains

I kinda wanna tackle this and your other post on my pc... I'm on my phone now but

It's not really for you to get. We do it for ourselves and it cant be compared to gang graffiti.

We dont pay for paint. We take it.
Ppl arent really piecing on the streets like that. It's too risky. Go to a yard or maybe Detroit for that.

Art is subjective. What you like I might not like. Piecing isnt necessarily better. Theres a charm in throwies.
The streets are for tags and throwies and straight letters in most american cities.

Those business owners have insurance anyway. Its paint. We make the neighborhoods less boring really.

It's a staple where I'm from and theres a reason ppl around the world emulate.

I understand trying to express yourself through art but how you gonna force it on someone’s property who didn’t ask for it? Much less have to pay insurance to have it removed (if they even afford insurance). Best believe the gang graffiti and your graffiti looks the same to the owner and probably the people who live in these neighborhoods. Again, the intricate murals are dope....but I dunno about just scribble names.

Back
Top Bottom