the thread about nothing...

i blame social media for these over inflated haircuts. I’ll still pay em, but that’s because I’m not zeeking my own hairline.
Just think it's natural inflation. These guys are paying rent on the chair to the shop owner who is probably now paying a higher rent for the building than he was 10 - 15 years ago.

I have had to check 2 barbers for snapping an after cut pic of me without asking permission first. I dont do pictures, dawg.

Never put much thought into it, but I guess.
When I mean “Tatted” I mean “TATTED”!
Word to youngogjosh youngogjosh
E7E98D9D-9DC7-4201-B5B6-3CB06E5893F2.jpeg
281EF184-71C8-4CE3-875D-21B4FC24EF99.jpeg
66B0A9F8-DB5D-4C5E-88CD-0B0C42D62174.jpeg
E4B0F4C3-2F51-4667-8753-5D9047F00133.jpeg
B2173F92-5DCB-4ABA-8021-5A91FFC1A812.jpeg
47F7EDC4-2E64-4CCF-AD86-F4D5BAEAB36F.jpeg
4340EC7C-012C-4FA2-BFA8-711C9A723292.jpeg
AB877A7C-9BFD-4799-88EB-84E2669152A1.jpeg

I agree. $40+ from a 'barber' who only knows how to do fades and nothing else. Yikes.
Not sure that's fair. Styling is subjective and imo takes less skill than cutting a proper fade.

But in my opinion, a barber becomes worth their salt when they can properly work a lining on any head. If you can master a line up without using that fake **** or pushing the hair line too far back, you're gold. Give me that over everything.

Royce new album dropped:

Em states in the skit, "But you've got people of all races, like, coming together and helping shape this from the ground up. So now you got little white kids growin' up with black idols. And you got black kids growin' up with white idols. And you got—it's just this whole mixing pot. Nothing has brought more races and more people from all different walks of life together than hip-hop. No music has done that, I don't think anything has done that as much as hip-hop has."

He continues, "So now, he sells the most records and people are calling him the king of rock n' roll right? But, on the flip side of the coin, if I'm a black kid, growing up in say the '60s, '70s, '80s, whatever, right? And I'm looking on TV and nobody looks like me and it's very stereotypical and I'm looking at f**kin'—I'm looking at toys and everything is white, the f**king action figures are all white. The f**king superheroes are all white. Like maybe there's one or two black superheroes mixed in there with mostly white. I don't how I'd grow up and not have a chip on my shoulder."

Yo what do you guys pay on average when you get a haircut and are you going to a an old school barbershop, hipster barbershop, or a salon? I was looking around where I live and barbershops out here charging $40 for a cut. Is that normal? Now, I just ask for them to shave my head with a 0 all around so that’s why I’m tripping on the prices.
Lol, you can get a $30 clipper and do that yourself. I haven’t been to a barber shop in ages. I’ve been buzzing my head here and there since high school, and now I just shaving it. I used to get taper fades and low fades +edge up/line up or whatever at one point, and it used to cost about $15-20 back in the day. My bro pays about $35+ but they take their time and they serve you alcohol. At some barber shops they smoke weed. My homie owns a shop. I guess that price is pretty normal nowadays.

Yo what do you guys pay on average when you get a haircut and are you going to a an old school barbershop, hipster barbershop, or a salon? I was looking around where I live and barbershops out here charging $40 for a cut. Is that normal? Now, I just ask for them to shave my head with a 0 all around so that’s why I’m tripping on the prices.

Where u at doggy

Lol, you can get a $30 clipper and do that yourself. I haven’t been to a barber shop in ages. I’ve been buzzing my head here and there since high school, and now I just shaving it. I used to get taper fades and low fades +edge up/line up or whatever at one point, and it used to cost about $15-20 back in the day. My bro pays about $35+ but they take their time and they serve you alcohol. At some barber shops they smoke weed. My homie owns a shop. I guess that price is pretty normal nowadays.
No way in hell I'm letting a barber cut my hair while drinking/smoking.

Same for tattoo artists at a tattoo party.

$30 Tip included

Bro, my pops did the same thing. He couldn’t cut tho. He’d send me to school all ****** up. I would get roasted to Bolivia. :lol: :smh:

damn dude, I know that was rough...my line was cool, but I showed up in K-Swiss sometimes so RIP me anyway.

honestly, I thank those who roasted...you gotta get REAL creative to put out those fires.

who lines you up?

the Universe, mostly...but when I'm feeling fly and photogenic, I visit some dudes down from LA (I'm in Mexico).

My barber was charging $12 about 3 years ago, we were talking and I told him how other barbers charging $25+. Then he changed it to $15, then $16 and now it’s $18. Does a good job with the fade, taper and layering..

$30 Tip included

Same here. I appreciate the fact that my barber sticks to our appointments and if anything changes he texts me to let me know.

OAN, it's funny how life works. Me and my GF broke up about 2 months. Yet we still cool and hang out. We are headed to Vegas for the weekend today. Maybe some things are better off without a relationship is what I'm starting to wonder.

Reactions: Ube
Back
Top Bottom