the thread about nothing...

ETgLeO4WkAI8VMH.jpg

layziegunts layziegunts Bad Moon Rison Bad Moon Rison

What? Fam a step and a pivot foot are two totally different things.
Are they?

Explain how.

Is a pivot foot NOT established when someone does a gather in preparation to shoot a regular layup?

I am referring to a BASIC 1,2-Step layup that a 3rd grader is taught to do.

I’ve always felt the those calls were called depending on who the player was. The refs will let a big name player slide but Javele McGee is not getting that benefit.

But we aren't SPECIFICALLY discussing the NBA Travel.

We are talking about the basic Up and Under move. (That he feels is an absolute travel, regardless of the level).

The NBA follows/allows a whole different set of moves to happen.

**** it, I’m biting. If you do the up and under and take off on 2 feet, it’s not a travel. It’s when people make that lean in and end up coming off the other foot, that’s a travel.

**** it, I’m biting. If you do the up and under and take off on 2 feet, it’s not a travel. It’s when people make that lean in and end up coming off the other foot, that’s a travel.

Do you have to take off 2 feet when shooting a REGULAR layup?

If no, then why do you feel it is needed when shooting an up and under?

You got me thinking about it now...hard. :lol: Is this up and under initiated from a post move?
I am asking you, and SH, what the difference is between the footwork needed to complete a regular layup with a Step-Through.

SH believes a pivot foot is the answer.
He feels a pivot foot is NOT established when doing a regular layup but won't provide reasoning.

I believe a pivot foot IS established when you are doing a 1-2 gather layup.

Do you agree with him?

Take anything you see here.

Step Through Joe (@StepThroughJoe) / Twitter

I am asking you, and SH, what the difference is between the footwork needed to complete a regular layup with a Step-Through.
IMO all of those are travels except Bryce McGowen’s and Joe Dumars. In fact, Joe Dumars took hat awkward hop to avoid placing that foot down because he knew it supposed to be a travel.

SH believes a pivot foot is the answer.
He feels a pivot foot is NOT established when doing a regular layup but won't provide reasoning.

I believe a pivot foot IS established when you are doing a 1-2 gather layup.

Do you agree with him?
Totally agree.

IMO all of those are travels except Bryce McGowen’s and Joe Dumars. In fact, Joe Dumars took hat awkward hop to avoid placing that foot down because he knew it supposed to be a travel.

Totally agree.
1. So you agree that there is NOT an established pivot foot when driving to the basket with a 1-2 step layup?

2. How is a pivot foot established?

3. Now Re-visit #1

Back
Top Bottom