the thread about nothing...

I don't think nukes are doing a damn thing to a meteor and Bruce Willis ain't saving us.

“Detonating a nuclear device above an asteroid irradiates a certain surface area. [T]he material near the surface is nearly-instantly melted. Subsequently, this small amount of superheated material expands away from the asteroid as “blow-off,” inducing a pressure wave in the remaining asteroid. [A] rocket-like exhaust momentum impulse is imparted, and the asteroid’s original velocity is changed, deflecting the asteroid.”

Conceited.gif

I don't think nukes are doing a damn thing to a meteor and Bruce Willis ain't saving us.

I remember reading something where they interviewed Bruce Willis for Armageddon and told him the script, Bruce was like woudnt it make more sense to train astronauts to be miners than miners to be astronauts? They were like Bruce just go with the damn script. :lol:

Ohhhhhh, IG is down……thought I got suspended or something lol
Same, I don't even use the app but I own the username of my favorite soccer team (Tottenham) on IG so I would've been furious if it was really a ban :lol:
Means a lot as a fan, it's basically a memorabilium

Same, I don't even use the app but I own the username of my favorite soccer team (Tottenham) on IG so I would've been furious if it was really a ban :lol:
Means a lot as a fan, it's basically a memorabilium

Should sell it and see if they would offer something.

Selling usernames is how I make most of my income. This one I'm keeping though.
Big Krit got his username from me for example, though his manager did end up scamming me for it. Goldman Sachs, of all companies, got their IG username from me as well.

3b517ccb5f1bd3fa276e2781de4f125a.png

Really curious on how much you sell handles for but im sure thats very private.

:angry:
The ex always wanna pop up and ruin ish.
New lady in my life is dope. Idk how these clowns sniff it out but out of nowhere her ex who hadn’t talked to her in forever wanna warn her about “men in my profession” and to “be careful with your heart and body.”

Ol snake in the grass dirty mackin hatin mfers.
This happens EVERY time too. No exaggeration.

Really curious on how much you sell handles for but im sure thats very private.
That varies very widely. I currently have a $5000 offer for my Twitch username for example, that's a far outlier though.
Generally it's more around the $50-150 range. The highest individual sale I've made was a snapchat for $800, "Magic" was the username.

First of all there's 2 reasons people buy usernames. The first and by far the most common is for status purposes, to 'look cool' and/or show others that you have an expensive username. The second is for monetization purposes, those are referred to as "niche usernames." Examples of that would be "Fitness", "Meme", "Funny", "Scary", ... usernames that quickly gain a large following and can be easily monetized.
To give you an idea, an associate of mine owns the IG @Scary and turned down a $40k offer for the account back when it had 2.1m followers. I also know the person who made the $40k offer so I can assure you it was in fact real.

I have a story actually about a very wealthy Saudi I once sold something to and had a bit of a conversation with that perfectly explains the logic behind usernames as a status symbol. He told me that amongst people of his status, everyone can buy supercars, tigers, mansions, but only one person can own the username "G" on Instagram and at most only 25 other people could theoretically own a 1 letter IG username. The absolute most expensive status symbol usernames are often owned by wealthy arabs for that reason.

Generally there's a few factors that determine the value of a username.
It kinda depends but arguably the most important factor is the rarity. A 1 character username on IG for example will go for $7k easy because there are only a select few characters. 1 character numbers go for even higher because there's only 9 of them.
The second most important factor is length. People will pay more for "D7" than something like "Merciless" even though the latter clearly sounds cooler.

The factors determining the prices for a 'niche username' are different, that's entirely down to how monetizable the username is.

The platform also determine prices. Instagrams are the most expensive because it's the most popular and monetizable social media platform.

For reference: "mm" in this convo stands for middleman. This was regarding one of the $5000 offers for my Twitch username "50"
7a70e4c35bb23f916e6f355a6389244a.png

Last edited:
At my jobs parking lot like damn it’s really Monday again :lol::lol::lol::lol::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:
this stock market **** has to work out
I don’t have a plan B on escaping this hamster wheel

That varies very widely. I currently have a $5000 offer for my Twitch username for example, that's a far outlier though.
Generally it's more around the $50-150 range. The highest individual sale I've made was a snapchat for $800, "Magic" was the username.

First of all there's 2 reasons people buy usernames. The first and by far the most common is for status purposes, to 'look cool' and/or show others that you have an expensive username. The second is for monetization purposes, those are referred to as "niche usernames." Examples of that would be "Fitness", "Meme", "Funny", "Scary", ... usernames that quickly gain a large following and can be easily monetized.
To give you an idea, an associate of mine owns the IG @Scary and turned down a $40k offer for the account back when it had 2.1m followers. I also know the person who made the $40k offer so I can assure you it was in fact real.

I have a story actually about a very wealthy Saudi I once sold something to and had a bit of a conversation with that perfectly explains the logic behind usernames as a status symbol. He told me that amongst people of his status, everyone can buy supercars, tigers, mansions, but only one person can own the username "G" on Instagram and at most only 25 other people could theoretically own a 1 letter IG username. The absolute most expensive status symbol usernames are often owned by wealthy arabs for that reason.

Generally there's a few factors that determine the value of a username.
It kinda depends but arguably the most important factor is the rarity. A 1 character username on IG for example will go for $7k easy because there are only a select few characters. 1 character numbers go for even higher because there's only 9 of them.
The second most important factor is length. People will pay more for "D7" than something like "Merciless" even though the latter clearly sounds cooler.

The factors determining the prices for a 'niche username' are different, that's entirely down to how monetizable the username is.

The platform also determine prices. Instagrams are the most expensive because it's the most popular and monetizable social media platform.

For reference: "mm" in this convo stands for middleman. This was regarding one of the $5000 offers for my Twitch username "50"
7a70e4c35bb23f916e6f355a6389244a.png

I believe it. When a new social pops up just make as many handles as you can. :lol:

:angry:
The ex always wanna pop up and ruin ish.
New lady in my life is dope. Idk how these clowns sniff it out but out of nowhere her ex who hadn’t talked to her in forever wanna warn her about “men in my profession” and to “be careful with your heart and body.”

Ol snake in the grass dirty mackin hatin mfers.
This happens EVERY time too. No exaggeration.
So true. They can't accept that they messed up and try to ruin it for the next person. Like they are trying to tell themselves that they won't find anyone better than them. The desperation of these fools are so comical. I remember seeing this girl who had just broken up with his bf. Ex was so furious that he kept on calling the girl. Girl asked for my help and gave me her cphone. MF kept on whining like a dog, and I kept on dropping the call each and every time til the MF texted because he ran out of call minutes. Wasted his money on something nonsensical. The idiot thought I would go and entertain his tirade. Sorry, I was more interested on banging his girl. Might think I'm a pos, but hey, nobody is forcing them to see other guys and have fun. What a desperate idiot.

I believe it. When a new social pops up just make as many handles as you can. :lol:
Nowadays that's almost impossible due to what's referred to as a "turbo" or "autoclaimer" program. That's what I use as it doesn't involve cybercrime to obtain the usernames.
Autoclaimers are programs that basically continuously rapidly scan a custom wordlist for availability on a platform. The general rule is that every username of value is taken, with very few exceptions like a wonderkid athlete suddenly bursting onto the scene for example.
That's where autoclaimers come in. Most platforms have a "reset policy", which is the company making usernames available for registration again after x amount of inactivity.
If the autoclaimer’s scanning identifies a username as a available, it automatically registers it as soon as it pops up.
IG has always had this but unlike a platform like Xbox, IG's reset policy seems entirely random. There is no apparent set amount of inactivity that triggers a username reset so people started building these autoclaimer programs. The companies are aware of those programs of course so they continually have to be adapted. Because usernames continue to rise in value on certain platforms and the coding skill required to create and update an autoclaimer program, they're quite exclusive nowadays. After all, ideally you want as little competition as possible because you can literally let these autoclaimer programs run 24/7 and there's always gonna be someone somewhere doing it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom