the thread about nothing...

8CD845E4-8914-4A67-B494-DD2782808721.jpeg

Latest purchase from an IG ad. Don’t know how long they’ll last but getting the job done for now :lol:

It’s impossible to know and care about every messed up thing going on in the world. Technology has put us on information overload and it’s probably not healthy.
Reminds me of a quote I read from Colin Salmon:

“I can’t take 24-hour news. Life is what it is and we can handle it, but when you’re getting it pushed down your throat, it’s too much.”

Larry David seemed to really lean into the "racism is funny" bit for season 11...maybe its just the episode I'm on now.

Not sure how I feel about it in all honesty. For the most part, to me, comedy is comedy. If it's funny, it's funny.

That said, Jerry Seinfield is very clear that he finds no humor in the n-word. Brian Cranston recently admitted he had to do a self-eval after scrapping an idea to produce a comedy about a Klansman. How can something used to inflict fear and terror be a comedy?

And I find that take from Cranston to be a very good point.

Not sure how I really feel on this.

Larry David seemed to really lean into the "racism is funny" bit for season 11...maybe its just the episode I'm on now.

Not sure how I feel about it in all honesty. For the most part, to me, comedy is comedy. If it's funny, it's funny.

That said, Jerry Seinfield is very clear that he finds no humor in the n-word. Brian Cranston recently admitted he had to do a self-eval after scrapping an idea to produce a comedy about a Klansman. How can something used to inflict fear and terror be a comedy?

And I find that take from Cranston to be a very good point.

Not sure how I really feel on this.
Not a huge fan of the Seinfeld Larry David style of comedy gets old real quick, and I can only take JB Smoove in small doses like a vine clip worth, can't do whole shows 😂🤷🏾‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom