the thread about nothing...

Both my parents died while in a heavily medicated state, it looked like they were sleep, but as one hospice nurse told us, “she’s going, but she doesn’t feel it” so if this nurse was accurate then hopefully my pops didn’t feel it either. It looked like they were drifting off to sleep as I’ve seen many many times, but this time…..
Pretty much this. In a heavily medicated state they don't feel much, if anything. When my mom passed away from Covid 2 years ago it was similar to your parents being she wasn't conscience. She fought covid for almost 3 weeks first week she was awake & talking with her doctors while in the regular ER. Afterwards, the virus had spread significantly to her lungs & she had to be placed into the Covid ICU on a ventilator...at this point she was heavily sedated. When I last saw my mother alive she was breathing(forced by ventilator) but unresponsive & she had a yeast infection in her kidneys due to other complications. The doctors told us they were going to flip her over & try to see if the breathing picks up but she kept it real & told us her body is lowly failing. Once one organ goes the others usually soon follow...I won't bother typing how shattered I was but I was relieved that in her last 2 weeks on that hospital bed she was unaware & unresponsive so she didn't physically feel any pain physically & I thank Allah for that everyday. Also, when it's my time, I ask the Almighty to make it as quick & as pain free as possible...as instant as possible. May your parents rest in peace :smile:

Why not throw it in the sink instead of running to the fire place 👀😂
Ha, I didn't even think of that until after I finished eating. I think I always automatically equate kitchen fires to grease fires (can't use water), and since I almost always have a fire going in the winter I immediately thought "quick - to the fireplace!"

Pretty much this. In a heavily medicated state they don't feel much, if anything. When my mom passed away from Covid 2 years ago it was similar to your parents being she wasn't conscience. She fought covid for almost 3 weeks first week she was awake & talking with her doctors while in the regular ER. Afterwards, the virus had spread significantly to her lungs & she had to be placed into the Covid ICU on a ventilator...at this point she was heavily sedated. When I last saw my mother alive she was breathing(forced by ventilator) but unresponsive & she had a yeast infection in her kidneys due to other complications. The doctors told us they were going to flip her over & try to see if the breathing picks up but she kept it real & told us her body is lowly failing. Once one organ goes the others usually soon follow...I won't bother typing how shattered I was but I was relieved that in her last 2 weeks on that hospital bed she was unaware & unresponsive so she didn't physically feel any pain physically & I thank Allah for that everyday. Also, when it's my time, I ask the Almighty to make it as quick & as pain free as possible...as instant as possible. May your parents rest in peace :smile:
It’s something about that first week/first few days…. there’s so much damn hope, so you worry, but you don’t worry worry, then a switch happens, then you slowly and painfully realize that that first week/few days were the last real days.

Is it just me, but when y’all are on NT does it just randomly refresh on y’all too? Maybe it’s these huge ads in the middle of the page

It’s something about that first week/first few days…. there’s so much damn hope, so you worry, but you don’t worry worry, then a switch happens, then you slowly and painfully realize that that first week/few days were the last real days.
:emoji_100:Absolutely bro. Some of the realest words ever spoken brother 👍. The first few days everything is still almost regular & you feel like ok they're at the hospital now where they should be & it's only up from here. The morning my dad was taking my mother to the hospital was when I myself was on my way to CityMD to get looked at- this was when my symptoms started to show. I remember my mother leaving home & I said to myself she's going to be fine & she'll be back in no time. I was worried but not concerned & didn't have negative thoughts circling inside my head. Fast forward about 3 weeks when her doctor called us & told us she'll give us special permission(it was time for the inevitable given my mothers underlying conditions) to go see my mother in the Covid ICU(forever grateful for allowing us inside) I remember they said 1 family member at a time for 7-10 minutes & her husband(my dad) will stay inside for as long as needed- rightfully so given he's the husband. I don't remember the order of who went in first but man, bro, when I went in & came back out I just tried thinking positive, I tried so ******* hard to stay positive & strong but this is when I realized & it hit me that the morning I saw her leaving home to go to the hospital...that was the beginning of the end.

Today's Run
Screenshot_20220303-081338__01.jpg

My last scan didnt go so well, doc said we needs more treatment and I have options but if I wanna get a second opinion feel free. Well. Here we go again. There isnt a huge sense of urgency, said if I wanna relax more, take a little vacay whatever then I can do so.
You in NYC right? Go to Sloan for a second opinion. When my mother had breast cancer and the first hospital bluntly told her she was going to die within a month if she didn't cut off her breast, she went to sloan for a second opinion who performed their own tests and they happened to be much more compassionate, attentive and accurate. She performed several rounds of chemo and was able to beat it.

Another example that Hollywood is 💩 out of ideas coming out with another unwanted remake with this 💩. Nobody asked for this 💩, especially with Jack Harlow being in it. 🙄

:emoji_100:Absolutely bro. Some of the realest words ever spoken brother 👍. The first few days everything is still almost regular & you feel like ok they're at the hospital now where they should be & it's only up from here. The morning my dad was taking my mother to the hospital was when I myself was on my way to CityMD to get looked at- this was when my symptoms started to show. I remember my mother leaving home & I said to myself she's going to be fine & she'll be back in no time. I was worried but not concerned & didn't have negative thoughts circling inside my head. Fast forward about 3 weeks when her doctor called us & told us she'll give us special permission(it was time for the inevitable given my mothers underlying conditions) to go see my mother in the Covid ICU(forever grateful for allowing us inside) I remember they said 1 family member at a time for 7-10 minutes & her husband(my dad) will stay inside for as long as needed- rightfully so given he's the husband. I don't remember the order of who went in first but man, bro, when I went in & came back out I just tried thinking positive, I tried so ****ing hard to stay positive & strong but this is when I realized & it hit me that the morning I saw her leaving home to go to the hospital...that was the beginning of the end.
as long as you are able to say the things you needed to, that would be fine although grieving is quite a challenge for most of us. so to our love ones, it is better to speak everything you needed to say now or hold your peace and feel some regrets.

You in NYC right? Go to Sloan for a second opinion. When my mother had breast cancer and the first hospital bluntly told her she was going to die within a month if she didn't cut off her breast, she went to sloan for a second opinion who performed their own tests and they happened to be much more compassionate, attentive and accurate. She performed several rounds of chemo and was able to beat it.

Yeah brodie, trying MSK now but need approval since insurance is out of network, still working at it but also trying to get an appt at NYP Columbia in case. MSK is def option 1. Glad your mom beat it. BC is tricky af. My doc said no huge rush, I can take a little time to chill out a bit still but def wanna start whatever before summer time.

Is it just me, but when y’all are on NT does it just randomly refresh on y’all too? Maybe it’s these huge ads in the middle of the page

It was doing it to me. Ever since I switched browsers, Chrome to Brave, don’t run into that issue anymore. It probably is the ads though.

I hate having to tell grown people what to do. This is the second time dude has been late to relieve me on my shift so l had to pull him to the side. Gets on my effin nerves.

Last edited:

Did it just now! Does it all the time on the mobile side. Also the load time is longer than usually, it’ll stall or freeze more than usual.

Back
Top Bottom