the thread about nothing...

ABS is one helluva tech. That instant brake bite stops thousands of pounds of car damn near on a dime.

I've had older cars where I locked up the brakes. Granted in this situation I wasn't going that fast, but the distance I had between me and the car I would have hit was still short.

Was taking my lunch in the break room when I noticed a bag of cornuts seemed to have got stuck during the dispense process. Gave the machine a little wiggle and boom! To the poor sap who bought these and didn’t get to enjoy them…thanks!

72759BB7-A6EA-4D11-BF7D-0B6F1538A409.jpeg
1647130364829.gif

Well, I found out two of my three CPFM hoodies were fake and ended up having to file a dispute on ebay. Buddy really tried to play me for a fool until I came back with photographic evidence comparing his fakes to their authentic counterparts. He changed his tone immediately and accepted my return request. On the bright side, my black hoodie I got from grailed is legit, and I've got a purple one coming soon from the same seller. Once it gets here I'm done with the Born Again hoodies. There are far too many fakes floating around.
20220222_155104.jpg

Well, I found out two of my three CPFM hoodies were fake and ended up having to file a dispute on ebay. Buddy really tried to play me for a fool until I came back with photographic evidence comparing his fakes to their authentic counterparts. He changed his tone immediately and accepted my return request. On the bright side, my black hoodie I got from grailed is legit, and I've got a purple one coming soon from the same seller. Once it gets here I'm done with the Born Again hoodies. There are far too many fakes floating around.
20220222_155104.jpg
I'm washed, is this Kanye's brand?

I'm washed, is this Kanye's brand?
Nah, Cactus Plant Flea Market is its own brand, created by Cynthia Lu. She is a bit of an enigma, so I've read. But this hoodie always gets associated with Kanye because of its year of release (2019) where the original release was one color (Core) and printed on Yeezy blanks. CPFM had also done merch for Kids See Ghosts at that time and with Kanye himself in the media with the whole trump support stuff among other things that year, people thought the quote was about him. The quote is actually from the Bible, specifically Jesus in John 3:7.

I had to bring this in here. If you have a Samsung phone, find a contact that has a photo assigned. Try to change/remove that contact photo. You can't do it. This is unbelievable.

Edit, I figured it out but when l tried to do the same thing earlier it didn't work.

Last edited:
I've had older cars where I locked up the brakes. Granted in this situation I wasn't going that fast, but the distance I had between me and the car I would have hit was still short.
Yup & that's more than enough distance for things to go wrong. Reminds me of the time couple of years ago when I was in NJ & it was raining. So I was driving normal speed on a local road & at the sametime was looking at the houses in the neighborhood taking it all in. When I returned my focus to the road, the traffic in front of me had stopped for the red light. I was driving my '96 Maxima which doesn't have ABS. I slammed on the brake & car slid a little but thank God stopped like 6 inches before the car in front. Man, my heartbeat was ALL the way up & I was so lucky I didn't rear-end the driver in front of me. Needless to say, I was super focused on the road after :lol:

20220222_155104.jpg

What were the differences?

What were the differences?
Was busy earlier, sorry for the late reply. When it comes to the Born Again hoodies it's important to know there were several restocks after the original release. I believe 3 or 4. The fakes I got scammed with were trying to imitate the Easter 2020 restock hoodies that used LA Apparel blanks modified to share the exact same cut and dimensions as the original drop in 2019 which used Yeezy blanks. Fakes of the Easter 2020 hoodies are easy to spot (after seeing/owning a real one) due to:

- The neck print being horribly printed. Fakes often have the neck print letters smudged and illegible even, with bad kerning/letter spacing and in some cases the wrong font. In an authentic hoodie the CPFM tag should be printed like so.
20220222_161914.jpg

- The fabric quality is also a tell tale sign. On authentic hoodies, the blend they use is very thick. You can feel it just by touching them/holding them in your hands. Fakes tend to be quite flimsy and thin for what's supposed to be a heavyweight hoodie. The interior fabric grain being very fleece like rather than grainy is another sign it's fake.
- From what I've read and been told, the 2020 Easter hoodies should not come with the LA Apparel tag still in them.
- The puff print is either too thin, there is no puff print but rather a screen print, or the print is too thick and lacks the same texture as the print on authentic hoodies.
- The lettering of the puff ink has some letters too close and others are even fused together. On both the fakes I had, the "b" and "e" in "be" were attached to one another rather than placed very closely to one another.
- For the Coal colorway specifically, because it is an overdye hoodie the puff print will have some grey dye that has bled into it. Coal hoodies that don't have this are usually fake because even DS ones have the dye bleed issue.
- Lastly the bag tag. The CPFM item tag on the bag the hoodies come in should look like this.
20220222_161903.jpg

Fakes will come with the correct item ID label but the font they use is incorrect and much smaller as well.

Sorry for the long spiel but in regards to the Easter '20 Born Again hoodies, those are the differences. Would have used more photos but this post is long enough.

Back
Top Bottom