the thread about nothing...

a3cb0lkpz6h91.jpg

Last edited:
I mean it def is cool & has a lot of appeal. A lot of food spots & quirky stores & museums Ripley's, Madame Tussauds, M&M store, Disney, Krispy Kreme flagship etc...But to locals it's too much. Being an outsider & coming from small towns & rural living I def see why it's so beloved. I have found in my travels of North American cities that every city has a Manhattan but none of them have a Times Sq. Meaning the skyscrapers, the hustle & bustle noisy streets of downtown, cool shops can all be found in Philly, Houston, Boston, Chicago, LA but none of these cities have a strip like Times Sq with the insanely bright lights & 24/7 car & foot traffic. I like to walk through during the holidays & late March right before the influx of tourists arrive. Even as a local being in the middle of Times Sq can have you feeling like a tourist, lol.

You ever think about used car sales?

zmaqbool zmaqbool you know I’m always pulling over if I see a crt tv being tossed out on the street. I drive by and see a man cleaning out a garage/home and notice all the stuff he’s tossing on the curb.

I returned late at night to see what else he had thrown out since the home was now vacant with a “for sale” sign. I end up seeing a few vintage looking jackets in a box and unfold one. It was a varsity jacket from my high school but what wowed me was.....it belonged to my 11th grade history teacher! His name was stitched on it. He graduated from the school in 1976 and was a long time member of the athletics department so he attended every football, basketball and baseball game since the early 80’s and the field at the school is dedicated to him. I found out he passed away from a heart attack driving back from a home opener game about 8 years ago. Anyway, I’m probably going to donate the jacket to the school if they’ll accept it. I still remember going to class and seeing that exact jacket on his chair.

Back
Top Bottom