the thread about nothing...

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 11.33.00 PM.png

these 3 and MZ3s were everything to me back then

btw who ever laced the shoes for that shoot really laced the shoes lol

Since he likes surprises so much I got one for him. How do you forget you had a massive government paving job on a Sunday?

I’m out after this summer. Get my money and 🏃💨

Me and my co worker been interviewing at the same jobs since we travel in a pack. :lol: gonna go for this government job doing ground maintenance at MSP airport. The boys are gonna be getting paid triple time to sleep if we get it. :rofl:

Crazy thing is they barely get applicants.

Since he likes surprises so much I got one for him. How do you forget you had a massive government paving job on a Sunday?

I’m out after this summer. Get my money and 🏃💨

Me and my co worker been interviewing at the same jobs since we travel in a pack. :lol: gonna go for this government job doing ground maintenance at MSP airport. The boys are gonna be getting paid triple time to sleep if we get it. :rofl:

Crazy thing is they barely get applicants.
Damn, hope he has enough guys working Sunday to do that paving job. Uncle Sam won't like it too much if it goes unfinished, lol. Yeah, I remember you mentioning few weeks ago you're set on leaving after the summer. Good for you & I hope you get that $.

Getting paid to sleep sounds like a great gig to me, lol. Why so few apply though?

zmaqbool zmaqbool you know I’m always pulling over if I see a crt tv being tossed out on the street. I drive by and see a man cleaning out a garage/home and notice all the stuff he’s tossing on the curb.

I returned late at night to see what else he had thrown out since the home was now vacant with a “for sale” sign. I end up seeing a few vintage looking jackets in a box and unfold one. It was a varsity jacket from my high school but what wowed me was.....it belonged to my 11th grade history teacher! His name was stitched on it. He graduated from the school in 1976 and was a long time member of the athletics department so he attended every football, basketball and baseball game since the early 80’s and the field at the school is dedicated to him. I found out he passed away from a heart attack driving back from a home opener game about 8 years ago. Anyway, I’m probably going to donate the jacket to the school if they’ll accept it. I still remember going to class and seeing that exact jacket on his chair.
Wow! That is crazy. What're the chances it turns out to belong to someone you knew let alone your teacher out of all people? RIP. You knew about his death beforehand or found out after finding the jacket?

That's really kind of you to try & return it to the school where it rightfully belongs I'd say. I hope they accept it & remember him. What a walk down memory lane. Dope find for sure 👌.

Oh yeah he’s got two crews paving and one milling. It will be an army of guys. You have to be on point doing federal jobs. 10k fine every hour you’re over on time and the road is shut down longer than it has to be.

I mess around a lot at my job but certain stuff you gotta be serious with and this is one of them. :lol:

Nobody applies because there’s not enough people capable of doing the work in the city. Same with my job. Every company is looking for two or 3 or us. Just not enough people who know how to do it to meet the demand.

That’s why me and my boy pull up to the same job and work together they always need multiple people and we both have good resumes. We come into interviews like.

View attachment 3010630

Wow! That is crazy. What're the chances it turns out to belong to someone you knew let alone your teacher out of all people? RIP. You knew about his death beforehand or found out after finding the jacket?

That's really kind of you to try & return it to the school where it rightfully belongs I'd say. I hope they accept it & remember him. What a walk down memory lane. Dope find for sure 👌.
I know right? What are the odds! It gave me goosebumps when I realized who it belonged to. Yeah, my sister told me about it when it happened but I didn’t know what the cause of death was. I wasn’t too surprised since he always ate at Tommies Chilli Burgers down the street. I saw that soda cup on his desk several times a week walking into his classroom. It’s delicious but very unhealthy, especially in the 90’s when they had their og ingredients. Some of you SoCal members know about Tommies.

Thank you, I hope they do accept it. I know he’d want it in their display case in the main building.

Damn, hope he has enough guys working Sunday to do that paving job. Uncle Sam won't like it too much if it goes unfinished, lol. Yeah, I remember you mentioning few weeks ago you're set on leaving after the summer. Good for you & I hope you get that $.

Getting paid to sleep sounds like a great gig to me, lol. Why so few apply though?

Oh I forgot the other reason people don’t want the job is it’s overnight.

I’d rather work overnight personally but I get why most people don’t.

I like sleeping late waking up in the afternoon and just rolling into work when nothing is going on. For people with little kids and stuff obviously it’s a deal breaker.

You have a dorm there fully stocked kitchen etc. you’re there in case of emergency or to plow snow in the winter. In the summer you just play around on lawn mowers or sleep. :lol:

During a blizzard you just live at work and never clock out. But the kicker is you get 10 weeks pto to use any time. So in the summer you can just go on vacation when they don’t need you.

Back
Top Bottom