the thread about nothing...

I find it fascinating when a classic sneaker suddenly becomes super trendy 🤔 like this shoe has been around forever, who made it trend now

https://assets.adidas.com/images/h_840,f_auto,q_auto,fl_lossy,c_fill,g_auto/3bbecbdf584e40398446a8bf0117cf62_9366/Samba_OG_Shoes_White_B75806_01_standard.jpg

Fellas, is this weird?

So there's this girl I had a brief relationship with (several months) back when I was around 20, so 9 years ago. She was a friend of mine and 3 of my closest friends. Both I and 3 of those friends are her ex-boyfriend. I was first, then her subsequent relationships were with my friends one after another.
To be clear, nothing wrong with that. The separations were completely amicable and she just went back to being a friend. Wasn't anything awkward about it, if anything we still joke about the ridiculousness of it to this day.
We still invited her to hang out etc, until eventually she moved to the other side of the country for a job and we all kinda lost touch with her the past few years.

Turns out, she's getting married and we all got an invite to the wedding for some reason. None of us have ever met her future husband, and we haven't really spoken to her in several years since she moved so far away.

It just seems kinda weird to invite 4 of your ex-boyfriends to your wedding, especially since we haven't spoken in at least 2 years.

But yall was friends too so it makes sense to me. Personally, Im not the type of person you have to talk to constantly to remain friends. Once you're in, you're IN. My best friend from HS and I wont talk for months and if I call him to tell him I'm in town, he on the way.

But yall was friends too so it makes sense to me. Personally, Im not the type of person you have to talk to constantly to remain friends. Once you're in, you're IN. My best friend from HS and I wont talk for months and if I call him to tell him I'm in town, he on the way.
Yeah I initially didn't really think anything of it since we were good friends for years. Either way we're all going to the wedding.
Still, the idea of inviting 4 exes to your wedding sounds a bit weird on paper, even with the context. I decided to pose the question in here because my best friend (a woman) considers it a bit weird, considering none of us have ever met or spoken to her future husband.

I can see why you might find it weird. I wanted as many people, old and new friends at my wedding, because it meant a departure from the old life and a new beginning. In retrospect, I’m not sure it was like that 😄
Also, some folks invite everyone, knowing most won’t show.

But! You should feel honored!

Fellas, is this weird?

So there's this girl I had a brief relationship with (several months) back when I was around 20, so 9 years ago. She was a friend of mine and 3 of my closest friends. Both I and 3 of those friends are her ex-boyfriend. I was first, then her subsequent relationships were with my friends one after another.
To be clear, nothing wrong with that. The separations were completely amicable and she just went back to being a friend. Wasn't anything awkward about it, if anything we still joke about the ridiculousness of it to this day.
We still invited her to hang out etc, until eventually she moved to the other side of the country for a job and we all kinda lost touch with her the past few years.

Turns out, she's getting married and we all got an invite to the wedding for some reason. None of us have ever met her future husband, and we haven't really spoken to her in several years since she moved so far away.

It just seems kinda weird to invite 4 of your ex-boyfriends to your wedding, especially since we haven't spoken in at least 2 years.
That's extremely weird, but I guess if you guys are all amicable, than there's no issue. In any case, you guys were good friends so she probably values alot.

Fellas, is this weird?

This sounds like it could turn into the premise of the newest Hangover movie

I find it fascinating when a classic sneaker suddenly becomes super trendy 🤔 like this shoe has been around forever, who made it trend now

https://assets.adidas.com/images/h_840,f_auto,q_auto,fl_lossy,c_fill,g_auto/3bbecbdf584e40398446a8bf0117cf62_9366/Samba_OG_Shoes_White_B75806_01_standard.jpg

No wonder my little nephew picked this shoe out recently. Those things look like bowling shoes but hey, if he’s happy...😂

Belgium Belgium that is kinda odd but I’m betting it’s because y’all were all originally good friends first. I personally wouldn’t go but that’s just me.

Last edited:
I think "Nike App Days" are just a week off for the warehouses. Placed an order with some clothing on 9/17 and its still "preparing shipment". Not used to Nike taking that long to get something out.

Fellas, is this weird?

Boy if you don't pull up to the venue bumping "I Hit It First"

Adidas works damn hard to push their products out there. Even if they don’t always do traditional shoe deals, they will give a regular celebrity a BAG, just to say some words on IG. This just their latest hype building strategy at work.

IMG_2615.jpeg

IMG_2616.jpeg

IMG_2617.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom