the thread about nothing...

I was gonna quote NY State of Mind but decided not to haha.

I agree too much is changing these days which is cool but still. I need to hear my AOL connecting right now for some closure.

80s babies feel like the last of the...I don't even know...but something...feel like it ended with the 80s babies. 

Anyone missing in the pic??

me
frown.gif
damn 
mean.gif

80s babies feel like the last of the...I don't even know...but something...feel like it ended with the 80s babies. 
I know what you mean 

I was gonna quote NY State of Mind but decided not to haha.

I agree too much is changing these days which is cool but still. I need to hear my AOL connecting right now for some closure.
Ha!

yeah. 80's babies are the transition. I'm 32, but I can survive with and without internet and be comfortable either way. We know what it means to be inside the house or at least near it when the street light comes on. We know what a rotary phone is. But I can also pick up any electronic and operate it out of the box immediately without reading a manual. I guess we're the bridge to a certain extent.

The 80's is the blueprint of today, for better or worse too. That Nat Geo series, the 80's: The Decade That Made Us was pretty good. 

Ha!

yeah. 80's babies are the transition. I'm 32, but I can survive with and without internet and be comfortable either way. We know what it means to be inside the house or at least near it when the street light comes on. We know what a rotary phone is. But I can also pick up any electronic and operate it out of the box immediately without reading a manual. I guess we're the bridge to a certain extent.
Yeah man, its like we don't need all of that. Its cool, but we can do without. We came up at the right time.

I think we were overall tougher too. Not just sports, but it was the culture itself.

The new stuff flying today wouldn't have made it back then, like you mentioned selfies earlier...
laugh.gif

Is Beh a 70s baby? 
nerd.gif
I just said I was 32, do the math! 
laugh.gif
I posted that before seeing your post!

Would have been cool if you were a 70s baby.

Damn, you'd have to be 33 if you were a 70s baby. Old as **** 
roll.gif
Nah 34 man. I was born late '81. Not old at all my friend.
And that is why my lil brother is the math major and I'm a nursing major 
laugh.gif

but naw, I was just tryna say that its funny that you could be 33 and a 80s baby but if you were just a year older and a 70s baby, then you are old as ****. Or at least IMO
Do 90s babies count?
nerd.gif
90s babies 
mean.gif

Get on our level child.

So I went to Taco Bell earlier, and the asian drive thru girl offered me a free Mounain Dew Baja slush. 

She was eye ball ******g the hell out of me, but whatever, I didn't give her no play.

I accepted the Mountain Dew Baja slush.

It was alright.

AIBOOBOO try JC Penny as well.
No  JC Penny in Kansas City. The closest one is more than an hour away
man you ain't missing anything. outside of the lighting, that store sucks.
laugh.gif
 Oh I know. We had them , it was just that no one shopped there and they went out of business.

Dank you could  be a lamb and check around Harold Pener's for me and the 63rd area.
Both Peners in the Landing actually closed about a year ago. The Streetwear store moved across the street next to the Save-a-lot and was bought out City G.E.A.R. about 2 months ago and the outlet closed all together. I think the store across from the demolished Police Station is still up and running, but all they sell is suits and formal wear.

Gen-X in the landing has a bunch of dated 90s leftover clothes...not sure about those buttondowns, but I can check them out for you... and then there's also the $29.99 sneaker mall on Troost..... Last time I was in there they had hella pairs of black/chrome PE Dada Cdubbz from 2001 all Sz.18. I was temped to buy some to resell but I fugured even at $30 a pair Id be sitting on them forever
laugh.gif
Shows how much I go in that area. The only time I ever travel that far south is to go to B.B.'s.

Also how the hell did you know I was trying to remember the name of Gen X. I remember seeing the worst fake XX's there.

Back
Top Bottom