the thread about nothing...

Worst day of the year so far. My dream basically just died as far as I'm concerned.

What happened ?
Its looking like I didnt get the job I've been mentioning in this thread for a bit. On a small scale it may not seem like a big deal, but I've really spent the last two years of my life trying to get myself in a positon to get this job. Been at this job that I absolutely cant stand for 21 months, spent all this extra time getting certifications to bolster my resume just to give myself a better shot, had the best interview I've ever done at least I think so, all in anticipation of leaving finally being able to do something with myself and its not gonna happen. I feel like I'm never gonna leave here

I know that its really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I cared about this that much. To take an L on it is extremely disheartening.

Last edited:

nerd.gif
Worked about 40 hours. Avg one email per 10 hours. Its pretty much off season we haven't been getting a lot of emails but my numbers are at dabottom. My mind has been on everything else but work. Resume is updated so soon as I return from my trip in 2 weeks I'm on the hunt.
Ah ok, I was confused when I read that at first. I'm still not feeling well, could have been that too 
laugh.gif
. Well, gotta go, gotta go.

Worst day of the year so far. My dream basically just died as far as I'm concerned.

What happened ?
Its looking like I didnt get the job I've been mentioning in this thread for a bit. On a small scale it may not seem like a big deal, but I've really spent the last two years of my life trying to get myself in a positon to get this job. Been at this job that I absolutely cant stand for 21 months, spent all this extra time getting certifications to bolster my resume just to give myself a better shot, had the best interview I've ever done at least I think so, all in anticipation of leaving finally being able to do something with myself and its not gonna happen. I feel like I'm never gonna leave here

I know that its really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I cared about this that much. To take an L on it is extremely disheartening.
It's not for nothing. It's better to be prepared, it might not be what you see now, but you're prepared for something. Having your certs can't be a bad thing, right?

That sucks Anti. Listen to beh, even if you didn't get the position, you've still boosted your credentials and that will open up opportunities in the future.

Don't listen to me, I'm a schmuck in all phases 
laugh.gif
  j/k

I'm so not focused today. I have so much to coordinate 
mean.gif
.  Doing supervisory level work  and not getting the $ for it...
mean.gif
. They're so damn lazy and I shouldn't be this nice but I can't be a jerk to my co workers. Gotta set em up to succeed. 

Something similar happened to me. Got passed up on a position I was qualified and trained for but the decided to give it to someone who was older. I'm certain it was because he was older and they knew he probably wouldnt leave. Made me go to school and get my **** together.

Lately, these official emploees have been talking about their stocks given to them by the company.

Just heard "omg the stock is at 58, i have to sell it.". Meanwhile 75% of the people in the room right now are temps who haven't gotten a raise in forever. :smh:

You would think so, but so far having them has yeilded no results for me. Its been almost a year since I've had them and not a damn thing.

that smooth soft mound like region below the bellybutton is meant for kissing.

it just looks so inviting :smh: **** keep callin me, man.

Back
Top Bottom