THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

Guess it's only appropriate for me to reply in this thread, considering my user name and all.  I skated from 1985 to 2003. I turned pro for Vision Skateboards in 1999, which was a dream come true. Sure, I was pro during the wackest time in the company's history (which is also probably one of the reasons why they turned a mediocre am pro), but I was still pretty stoked. Got 3 pro models with them and then was dumped a few years later after I broke myself. Haven't skated for 14 years. Dang. Time goes by fast. 

Guess it's only appropriate for me to reply in this thread, considering my user name and all.  I skated from 1985 to 2003. I turned pro for Vision Skateboards in 1999, which was a dream come true. Sure, I was pro during the wackest time in the company's history (which is also probably one of the reasons why they turned a mediocre am pro), but I was still pretty stoked. Got 3 pro models with them and then was dumped a few years later after I broke myself. Haven't skated for 14 years. Dang. Time goes by fast. 

Props man. U made it pro something we all dream about.

a pro is a pro, very few get paid to do their passion. look how many guys on youtube start their own companies to make themselves 'pro'

@skater
You rode for Grind King. I remember you. Those were the go to trucks I rode for like years.
HaHa. If you know who I am then you must have skated a lot back in the day. I'm was the obscurest of the obscure pros.  Pretty honored to hear that though.  Again, you wouldn't see Jamie Thomas name dropping himself. 

man i wanted to keep the p rod 2pac deck but i promised my nephew a setup 

maybe ill just pull the trigger on the black mj deck 

Cant believe i never came across this thread til now, its been 8 years since ive been on a board but damn do i miss it

catch myself watching old skate footage of myself from time to time 

It's pretty cool skating to work from Starbucks

Then seeing your CEO skate up to the building door when you get back 

We have a few longboarders here

But a lot of people bike as their commute

I want a boosted board next lol, but my wife doesn't want me to die

I'm gonna finish my nephews deck tomorrow then him, my niece and I will all work on our ollies lol

I feel comfortable enough riding around and faster that I can go back to working on it

I seen a 60+ y/o do a kickflip

Everyone in this thread should as well 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom