THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

097F968C-540E-4AD6-8FC1-90873DC426D0.jpeg
449B8E0C-1A4E-4387-B154-075736103213.jpeg
A9D59D58-098A-4A63-B93D-F2A034E34E01.jpeg
since i am an “old guy” my cruiser is a Powell Peralta steadham with Indy’s bones Swiss bearings and the og bones mini cubes.... skate park setup is a mike McGill with Indy 215s bones Swiss and some old Powell bowlrider wheels. Don’t get out to skate as much as I’d like. There are a lot of pretty good completes out there for cruising whether the old stuff like Powell Peralta Santa Cruz or some of the newer companies also

Please dont buy **** from mall shops..

Anyone have a balance board? Was thinking about picking up one of those revolution ones to **** around with.

Went from size 149 indy's (8.5) to 144 hallowed Indy (8.25). Felt so light and could do some harder flip tricks.

Might pick up 149 hallowed to see if they're lighter on my hesh tip when the urge for trucker mesh caps and high water steeze is in effect.

ugh, fell twice in a row at work

going down the same damn alley i go and the same route and a crack just caught funny

then right after i cross and head to my building the sidewalk is really wet and my board gives out on a slow turn :frown:

smashed my mexican coke :frown:

nothing broken cept my pride

Alright, I haven't skated in several decades, what are some good Skateboard brands, I'm looking to take it up again just for fun. I am not interested in longboards or anything like that. Thank you.

Antihero, real, toy machine. The shaped decks are fun to **** around with, especially if you're older.

Alright, I haven't skated in several decades, what are some good Skateboard brands, I'm looking to take it up again just for fun. I am not interested in longboards or anything like that. Thank you.
Decks: Northern Co, Scumco, Real, Krooked
Trucks: can’t go wrong with Indy’s. I personally prefer Ace
Wheels: Spitfire Formula 4’s
Bearings: Bones Reds or Bones Super Swiss 6

Just turned 28 guise, am i too old to pick up skating?
Never too old! I skated from age 12-13 and then at 21. Didn’t get back into it til I was 28. Haven’t stopped since (I’m 32 now). I regret quitting so much....I could of been a lot better than I am today.

Customer at my store got to chopping it up with me a couple months ago about skating and me being too old. comes in last week and gifts me a bamboo 8.0, indy trucks, daewon donuts, and griptape. Only thing I had to buy were bearings and a tool.

There is still good in the world. Started kicking around in my driveway the other day. Already feel awesome about starting again.

Don't ever stop trying.
Lord knows i haven't, i deeply bruised my ribs and knees like two weeks and just started as well.
I thought id give it up after a week but now just learning switch, no complys and shove its.
Fun asf wish i learned this when i was younger, this healing process is a bishh tho :smh:

Don't ever stop trying.
Lord knows i haven't, i deeply bruised my ribs and knees like two weeks and just started as well.
I thought id give it up after a week but now just learning switch, no complys and shove its.
Fun asf wish i learned this when i was younger, this healing process is a bishh tho :smh:

naw man, never. Gonn go out later today and get back on it. Been healing up a x working but I have the day off so I'm gonna spend it riding an area that has some decent ground so I can keep getting my balance and pushing down. Knees still a bit sore but aging doesn't help the Natural healing factor lol.

Can't wait till I can start doing shove it's and ollies. but babysteps.

Gotta upgrade my bearings. Bought 10 buck indy's, wheels don't even rotate for longer than a couple rotations. Probably just gonna upgrade wheels/bearings at the same time to Ricta clouds/Bronson's.

Then grab some new Indy trucks.

They are releasing a Jason Lee/Woodie Guthrie board I kind of want, but baby steps lol. Starting to find I kind of want a bit more room for my feet as the 8.0 is a little too thin for my size 11.

Gotta upgrade my bearings. Bought 10 buck indy's, wheels don't even rotate for longer than a couple rotations. Probably just gonna upgrade wheels/bearings at the same time to Ricta clouds/Bronson's.

Then grab some new Indy trucks.

They are releasing a Jason Lee/Woodie Guthrie board I kind of want, but baby steps lol. Starting to find I kind of want a bit more room for my feet as the 8.0 is a little too thin for my size 11.
Save some $$$ and get some Bones Reds or Super Swiss 6. I’ve heard a lot of stories about Bronson’s crapping out pretty quickly.

Save some $$$ and get some Bones Reds or Super Swiss 6. I’ve heard a lot of stories about Bronson’s crapping out pretty quickly.

Thanks for the tip. I have heard pretty good things about the bronson's but Reds seemed like the best way to go considering most pro's ride them.

How long has it been since the ol’ folks in here have skated? Been like 15 years for me. I think this is the summer I get a deck and parts and build my own like I’ve always wanted and get on the board once again. I can feel the soreness now.

How long has it been since the ol’ folks in here have skated? Been like 15 years for me. I think this is the summer I get a deck and parts and build my own like I’ve always wanted and get on the board once again. I can feel the soreness now.

It’s been 15 years since I skated on a daily basis. Easily 5 years since I stepped on a board. I still keep up with the skate world through social media though. I plan on getting a new setup soon now that my son is about to turn 1 and I can ride around with him.

Back
Top Bottom