The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Oh, very nice. How was the Dweller in person? Did you have a chance to check out the black and white dial Dwellers as well? Keen to hear your feedback!

I think the blue skydweller will be harder to get than a ceramic Daytona. The black and white looked a little plain to me in the case so I didn't bother.

This probably too broke boi for y'all but, I had my eye on this, probably gonna cop in the near future.
Seiko SRP777
Seiko-Prospex-SRP777-3.jpg

Actually debating between that and an Apple Watch
4euk3hybex1z.jpg

Man I've always wanted a Seiko like this since I was like 17-18. Nice watches by the way

flyknitlvr flyknitlvr

Hey man, you ever heard of Harrison's Brillance? He's in Toronto and is an individual watch seller on the forums and such. I've been talking to him about a piece and was wondering if you ever spoke to him since he's in your hood.

^ I'm in Van so no dice. The person I deal with in Toronto is Sean @ Watch Finder (https://www.watchfinder.ca). Which watch are you looking at?

Went to my AD yesterday and out of the blue she offered me their first SD43. I passed. Cool watch but I can't get past the cyclops (that, and 43MM is too big for my girl wrists).

View media item 2469130
(not my pic)

^ I'm in Van so no dice. The person I deal with in Toronto is Sean @ Watch Finder (https://www.watchfinder.ca). Which watch are you looking at?

Went to my AD yesterday and out of the blue she offered me their first SD43. I passed. Cool watch but I can't get past the cyclops (that, and 43MM is too big for my girl wrists).

View media item 2469130
(not my pic)

All good man, I'm selling my Vacheron Overseas chrono and my TT Daytona to get a 5980 PP Rose gold on strap, but that seller happened to have a very attractively priced AP Open Work (Skeleton) RG on strap and it's making me rethink my decision on what to get. I've been talking to him and he seems cool but I'm not sure about how the process would go, wiring the money over international borders and then having him ship it. I'm not sure if i'd pay a ton on customs fees etc. Anyways, at this point ive decided to continue going for the 5980 so it's all moot lol.

I'm surprised that 43mm SeaD was sitting there, How big was that thing?

Great thread, some beautiful works of art being posted in here. 

I've been looking for a nice automatic watch in the lower end luxury range (up to €3000, surplus funds to purchase and maintain are plentiful but I'd prefer to keep it below €3k at this time) and Frederique Constant is currently topping the list of watches I'm examining. The FC-335MC4P6 model in particular has really caught my eye.

Automatic movement, sufficient power reserve, sapphire glass, leather strap (don't want metal), the 40mm diameter is great for my wrist size, ...

I have no issues with whether it's stainless steel, gold, ... and at this pricerange gold would probably be gold-plated anyway, which I don't want.

And of course the visual elements. It's just really beautiful to me, everything about it. The guilloché pattern in particular and the heartbeat and moonphase add a special touch as well. I'll still need to examine it in person but for now this one is #1 on my list.

I'll be doing more searching other options of course before pulling the trigger. And I will be examining my top picks in person too at a company store before pulling the trigger. This Frederique Constant model is pretty much the epitome of what I am looking for both in terms of technical specs and the visual aspect. I would like something with some special details on the dial, like the guilloché pattern on the dial in this model. I really like the heart beat and moonphase in this model but that's not necessarily a requirement for me, though certainly a nice bonus. I just want something more than a simple dial with no special color/pattern etc if you know what I mean. But also not too busy like chronographs or divers, think of this FC model as the holy grail. This standout blue color of this Omega model also stood out to me for example and would fit my interest but I'm not really a fan of the bears on the dial.

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/de-ville/prestige/co-axial-395-mm/42413402003003/

Final decision will be purchased in person at a company store or authorized dealer of course. Resale value has little to no relevance in my search as I do not intend to sell my purchase in the future.

If y'all happen to think of any watch models fitting this description or brands I should explore as I continue my search, feel free to share them with me.

To quickly go over the technical requirements again:

Budget = €3000
Style = A bit unsure how to describe in English. But again I will refer to the Frederique Constant model of what I'm looking for. I suppose that would constitute as a dress watch? What I certainly don't want is divers, chronographs, pilot watches, ...
Finish = Preferrably polished stainless steel. Would rather not have gold plating. 
Band = Leather strap
Case Diameter = 40mm is perfect. Can go with 39 too. 
Movement = Automatic
Crystal = Sapphire

Water resistance = Preferably 5 ATM. 3 ATM would be ok too but certainly no less than that.

Pictures of the FC model currently at the top of my picks:

Last edited:
Seems like you've done your research and if that's your holy grail then you shouldn't settle for anything less.

You sure you want to buy it at an AD though? A two second Google search led me to grey market vendors selling 2015 versions of that exact model for $1,500

Last edited:
Seems like you've done your research and if that's your holy grail then you shouldn't settle for anything less.

You sure you want to buy it at an AD though? A two second Google search led me to grey market vendors selling 2015 versions of that exact model for $1,500

Yeah, I would agree here. I did the same thing for my Raymond Weil, and spend about 1,500 instead of the 3k+-. Took it to an AD, got a valuation, and made sure everything was straight. I'd go AD when getting a more higher end watch.

Fellas,

I'm looking at the market right now. Submariner 14060/14060m vs 114060 no date

My biggest qualm isn't the old tech vs new tech, but mainly brandnew/AD bought vs Used/NOS bought

Also, there's a thousand 14060's on the market all for around the same price give or take a few hundred $4-$5.5k, how do I pick one? (buy the seller not the watch?)

Anyone know how much the 114060 go for in the duty free airports/shops?

Fellas,

I'm looking at the market right now. Submariner 14060/14060m vs 114060 no date

My biggest qualm isn't the old tech vs new tech, but mainly brandnew/AD bought vs Used/NOS bought

Also, there's a thousand 14060's on the market all for around the same price give or take a few hundred $4-$5.5k, how do I pick one? (buy the seller not the watch?)

Anyone know how much the 114060 go for in the duty free airports/shops?

The 114060 no date retails at about $7,500 brand new from an AD. If you go on the buy/sell section on rolexforums.com you can probably find one that's a year or two old for around $5,800 - $6,000 with the original box and papers.

The tech and movement on the older ones are fine (Rolex watches last a lifetime), only issue is that they don't have the ceramic bezel.

Back
Top Bottom