The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Fellas,

I'm looking at the market right now. Submariner 14060/14060m vs 114060 no date

My biggest qualm isn't the old tech vs new tech, but mainly brandnew/AD bought vs Used/NOS bought

Also, there's a thousand 14060's on the market all for around the same price give or take a few hundred $4-$5.5k, how do I pick one? (buy the seller not the watch?)

Anyone know how much the 114060 go for in the duty free airports/shops?

The 114060 no date retails at about $7,500 brand new from an AD. If you go on the buy/sell section on rolexforums.com you can probably find one that's a year or two old for around $5,800 - $6,000 with the original box and papers.

The tech and movement on the older ones are fine (Rolex watches last a lifetime), only issue is that they don't have the ceramic bezel.

This is probably the route i will go. Thanks for your input!

Seems like you've done your research and if that's your holy grail then you shouldn't settle for anything less.

You sure you want to buy it at an AD though? A two second Google search led me to grey market vendors selling 2015 versions of that exact model for $1,500
Preferably but I'm considering grey market options upon second thought. I'm looking into reliable grey market vendors selling that model in brand new state with box and papers and the prices I've found are a few hundred euros lower than the price listed on Frederique Constant's website (€1622) of course but not that significant. A couple hundred euros at most. There's a very reputable AD in Ghent not that far away from me where I will inquire about the model and check it out in person first. I'll then reconsider grey market options and finalize my decision based on my findings.

But generally speaking I'd be a lot more comfortable purchasing timepieces from an AD depending on how much I would save from buying grey market.

Last edited:
Well if the grey market savings are minimal and buying from the AD gives you peace of mind, then go with the AD. At the end of the day, it's all about what makes you happy.

Check out DavidSW.

$6,875.00 for brand new 114060 Sub. By far the best price I've seen. You also get the warranty card (which is the main reason for buying from AD)

Last edited:
I can second that shout for DavidSW. Top bloke, impeccable service and the best prices - also worth dropping him a message for that #NT discount!

Extrait de Minimalisme Extrait de Minimalisme , if you don't mind, please post pics of your 114060 Sub if you get it. Also, please share where you got it (PM if you feel uncomfortable). That's going to be my next watch purchase and I'm exploring my options.

Extrait de Minimalisme Extrait de Minimalisme , if you don't mind, please post pics of your 114060 Sub if you get it. Also, please share where you got it (PM if you feel uncomfortable). That's going to be my next watch purchase and I'm exploring my options.

It really is my favorite timepiece I own. So simple, versatile, and durable. Really can't go wrong with Subs. Also a great choice if it's your first or only "luxury" watch. I like mine with an Everest rubber strap to make it more casual and lowkey
View media item 2477004

I don't know if David is a NT'er per se, but when I got got in touch with him I mentioned that #NT fam discount and he really hooked me up. He is good peoples. His selection and prices are already some of the best but I'll definitely be going back to him again.

the mention of DavidSW got me thinking about that Patek 5711 blue dial he was selling brand new ~$21k-$22k about two years ago

checking them out now, new ones are going for $33k-$35k now

:smh: :x

should have pulled the trigger, only if I had known about the #NTdisco...

Last edited:
yah Jomashops legit and you don't get manufacturers warrant but Jomashop has their own and for most watches with a simple movement, it is more than enough

don't forget to check search for coupons too, Joma usually has a $10, $20, $50, etc... off and every dollar counts

Last edited:
don't forget to check search for coupons too, Joma usually has a $10, $20, $50, etc... off and every dollar counts

just looked...they have a gang of them...can't combine though...bout to click purchase on a sport watch...

paypal20 $20 off
email5 $5 off
sdflash5 $5 off

good looking out brothers...

Back
Top Bottom