The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

In the niche world of horology, Gisbert Brunner may just be the all-knowing one. Having published countless articles and books focused on timepieces, his latest work, The Watch Book: Rolex, highlights all of the rarest, most expensive, most iconic and most innovative watches in the 112 year history of the Rolex brand. Founded in 1905 by Hans Wilsdorf, Rolex has grown into a global brand with the same name recognition strength as Nike, Louis Vuitton, BMW and more. Everything from the first ever wristwatch produced to the Oyster, Datejust, Daytona and Submariner are covered in the book.

All watch enthusiasts and those yearning to get into collecting should look into adding this book to their collections.

Pre-Order: Amazon product ASIN 3832769188$55 - Release: July 15

Last edited:
Anyone have a site that sells authentic watch straps and bracelets (Rolex, Omega, etc) for good prices?

Last edited:
Looks like someone went a little crazy with the polishing. Is that the spring bar sticking out of the 7 o clock lug ?

just got my datejust back from being serviced and it was not cheap... but they did a great job and it looks brand new even though its a vintage datejust from the 80s... going to rock this thing hard in the summer
View media item 2481045

Beautiful Datejust! That blue dial is pure class. I have one just like it with a champagne dial. How much did the service cost? I hear Rolex servicing costs have gotten ridiculous.

Any Panerai owners in here?

Came across both of these recently. Like many others I never thought of myself as the Panerai type for most of the obvious reasons. But these are gorgeous, hell most of them are gorgeous.. I just can't see myself rocking 45mm+

Panerai PAM 512 3 day reserve 42mm

Panerai PAM 610 8 day reserve 45mm (except for the Big Pilot)

I love the style of the 610, wired lugs, it's huge but wear conservatively. The 512 just seems perfect, I'm trying to find something wrong with it. An 8 day power reserve would be amazing, but not necessary. Unfortunately, there's not a single Panerai dealer within hours of me. 

Panerai's dials are dope. So simple and easy to read. Wouldn't mind having one if I had the funds. Their watches are just a bit overpriced imo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom