The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Went to IWC today and was not that impressed. I think the prices of the Portuguese and Portofinos is way too high for what they are. I liked the Spitfire but didn't buy today. Personally I think these models that I tried on look better in pictures than they do in person.

20181218_125418.jpg
20181218_125749.jpg

the 8day portuguese is one of the most beautiful watches i have ever tried on and held

my friend owns one and it is simply gorgeous and turns heads everytime he wears it, i think you got to try and remove that plastic cover (if they'd let you) because i think that makes a difference, the crystal is practically invisible making the dial look even more stunning

it is just too big for me so i had to settle for the chrono version but if had gigantic wrists, i'd own a porth 8day and big pilot by now

the 8day portuguese is one of the most beautiful watches i have ever tried on and held

my friend owns one and it is simply gorgeous and turns heads everytime he wears it, i think you got to try and remove that plastic cover (if they'd let you) because i think that makes a difference, the crystal is practically invisible making the dial look even more stunning

it is just too big for me so i had to settle for the chrono version but if had gigantic wrists, i'd own a porth 8day and big pilot by now

Just proves how the case size is all relative to what you are used to wearing most of the time. I got accustomed to 44mm diameter watches with big cases like the Big Bang, Breitlings, and Panerais. When I tried the Portuguese on, they seemed way less substantial to me. I like bigger watches, but I do love the 8 day power reserve. That's one of the most appealing features. I'll give the Portofino another look.

Last edited:
I like the pushers on that chronograph, are they considered old school when they look like that?

I think they are designed in a more classic timepiece style with that button configuration. The Portofino and Portuguese are definitely more of a formal style as opposed to IWC's pilot style watches or sportier divers and tool watches. Having a chronograph is a nice complication to give the watch more detail, but, to be honest, I never use my chrono.

Just proves how the case size is all relative to what you are used to wearing most of the time. I got accustomed to 44mm diameter watches with big cases like the Big Bang, Breitlings, and Panerais. When I tried the Portuguese on, they seemed way less substantial to me. I like bigger watches, but I do love the 8 day power reserve. That's one of the most appealing features. I'll give the Portofino another look.

the port 8day is super thick though, while it is only about 42mm, it's thickness rivals many big watches in the 44mm-46mm range

its a very substantial piece

next time you give them a visit, try on the big pilot, its much bigger and also has that 7day pr

The Savage brothers were on 2 of my favorite shows coming up.

"Savage brothers" is so raw of a name :lol:

Anyone into the Seiko SKX007's? I was never huge on Seiko's but I just came across this model and found out that theres a huge modding community

Dope site for mods - https://www.dlwwatches.com/

I know a set of twins with the last name Ravage, always thought that was dope.

I love my skx007, I bought it with intention to mod it. I never got around to it once I added an oyster bracelet to it.

just got my Casio Oceanus have had it for a few weeks and it is grate, fit and finish are amazing made out of hardened titanium working mans Grand Seiko could not be happier 1220181139.jpg

ocws100g7ajf.jpg

No it's a atomic quartz watch. Autos are cool(love all watches) but I'm a quartz lover takes me back to being a kid and listing to the tick and I love being super accurate.

casions oceanus line has always intrigued me, they look super nice and are usually packed with nice features/functions and they supposedly have this "zaratsu" polishing which is done by a master-polisher(?) that no machine can replicate where there is no distortion ont he reflective, though hard to believe for the price because only grand seiko offers it

i particularly like this one and have watched videos of it over the years but just never pulled the trigger since really have no room for it in my rotation and i'd probably forget it in the end like my other gshocks

not sure if its on all models but this one has the tough movement where the second hand hits the marker on point all the time despite the impacts the watch might experience which could mess up its alignment

you definitely get a lot for the $$$

Back
Top Bottom