The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

After (finally) landing a new gig that I'm blessed to say was more than what I was initially hoping for, I decided to treat myself to this particular timepiece that I've been salivating over a while now. Started searching this week. Hoping to find one before Christmas. Wish me luck fellas

*UPDATE*

Rolex DateJust 16013 Tapestry Dial Two-Tone
tumblr_pkb1zowxvy1qbksez_640.jpg

The past 4 years have been nothing short of a roller coaster with way more downs than ups. I told myself when I get out of this I would treat myself. And through God’s blessings and sheer hard work, I was able to do just that.

Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays :smile:

imma have to eff wit ya a lil just to get my wrist knowledge up to par with da rest of my jewelry intellect.

that said, my bias will also be towards da precious metals used vs da engineering, movement and brand involved in da creation & manufacturing of these time pieces.

I'm a big fan of the srp777

Never been big on watches but have been doing some research and really digging the diver look. Really like the SRPC44, which is the SRP775 with the gold case. Might make my first watch purchase considering it’s under $300.

Here's one of mine that I broke out today. Not a very common brand called Magrette from New Zealand but I like the look of their watches and the quality is not bad. This one is auto and has lasted for 7 years with no issues. I don't know much about movements but this one has a Miyota which has been working great. I like this one because of the patina effect on the case. The big controversy about this particular model was that it is not a real bronze alloy. It turned out to be brass. The company was heavily criticized for this and they claimed they didn't know that the supplier used brass. Interesting story, but not good for the company. I still liked the watch. So I kept it. It has been a good one for me. I like their newer models on their site too.

20181228_101148.jpg

20181228_100603.jpg

Jesus things are dry dry on most stainless steel rolexes

Was in north Miami the other day so check couple authorized dealers, just to see what subs and gmts they had, but nada

Just popped downtown Nassau (I’m from and live in the Bahamas) so figured I’d check

I mean I heard things were bad on the market but I didn’t know they were THAT bad.. luckily I got a connect so I know what certain stuff gets in.. but never seen it THAT bad.. shh I was able to let my boy know and walk right in and grab my hulk

I haven't seen a worthwhile stainless Rolex at an AD in months. Even the AD in Hawaii was trying to tell me they wouldn't discount their 18k Sub :smh:

Literally only 2 watches that would interest me are both more than I’d spend on a Rolex, the smurf sub and the steel yacht master 2

White face stainless steel Daytona as an investment is the exception to that rule.. I’m not a fan of conographs thou

Think they might have had a blue face yacht master as well

honestly if i walk into an ad and a ss ceramic daytona is sitting there unclaimed, id have my bank on the phone instantly and im going home with it, doesn't even matter what color dial

also why i try to avoid ad's as that is an impulse buy that will keep me up for a few nights :lol:

Man.. I kinda expected that when I was in Florida

But since I hadn’t been downtown Nassau in a min, I figured let me pop in.. didn’t think it would be like that thou here

Like I figured they’d at least have the black face stainless steel sub.. and some variation of the Daytona

ss sub flies off, most probably do not even make it to the display cases

i bet there were a handful of ss datejust though, especially in 36mm variety

Yea there were couple of those but i didn’t really check.. also didn’t look to see if they had any of the new sky dwellers in SS

they probably have none, if the watch is selling for $10k over retail in the grey market, chances are its not going to sit there waiting for a buyer

Was pretty funny, was wearing my hulk and a guy offered to buy it while I was looking

Pretty sure I should be able to get at least double on it

Just seen this on IG while browsing, think Rolex would ever go down this road?

Is the Rolex waitlist really a thing or is it just for specific watches? Interested in a day date soon...

non-sport/professional-watch stainless steel isn't going to be too difficult to find, maybe some specifications aren't readily available but they can be ordered and its yours within a month or so

like a datejust, a white dial with a fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet isn't on any cases when i was looking for one but they would have gladly ordered it and won't even need to be placed on a list

Back
Top Bottom