The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I’m into this Daytona, i don’t know why, but it’s refreshing to see something a little outside the box.
Yeah it's crazy that this is more classy and subdued than the rainbow daytona they released. It's more flashy than i'd ever wear but its a beautiful watch.

Blue Ring M2 Diver today.

935604A1-0348-43B6-85DF-0F4FB8898100.jpeg
8F73393B-30B9-419C-8A7C-0918DE01B08E.jpeg
BFB96925-B10C-4AC1-8561-223B6105B2D0.jpeg

This BLNR hype is crazy. Less then a year ago I got mine for $8950 OTD (took some work) and on TRF etc it seems their selling easily at that 13-14k range.

Tempting, but probably couldn’t bring myself to sell it.

Can't believe they discontinued the all black version on the oyster band. Was planning to scoop one later this year. Prices are probably going to jump on it now :smh:
wait really? was looking at some on ebay SMFH :smh: I was like these are priced pretty decent

rolex turning into nike with all this hype **** man

what rolex did this year is actually kind of smart

they kind of stepped back since they can't "deliver" enough ss models and lists are crazy long so they just chilled this year and let them catch up

at the end of the day its rolex and not much is going to change til next year in basel when they introduce back the black gmt with a jubilee and people move on to the list for that one

what rolex did this year is actually kind of smart

they kind of stepped back since they can't "deliver" enough ss models and lists are crazy long so they just chilled this year and let them catch up

at the end of the day its rolex and not much is going to change til next year in basel when they introduce back the black gmt with a jubilee and people move on to the list for that one
Hopefully this is the reason although I believe that rolex could up production. If they release the black bezel again I hope its with a red gmt hand that way I don't have to wait for a coke gmt.

nah, Rolex doesn't want to up that production

it's complicated and we can have plenty of theories but at the end of the day Rolex wants their position in the market, every other watchmakers out there wants that position

upping production is a huge risk, it means either getting new machines and producing/ordering new materials and hiring new employees and if the market crashes and all these people who are enjoying their bonuses loses their jobs then Rolex be stuck with all those new equipment and have to fire employees, etc... it was less than 10 years ago that I was seeing Batmans sitting in cases, Subs, Explorers, etc... SS Daytona was the most elusive one back then and it was still possible to get them without being on any list if you try hard enough

or they move other employees making their other line-up and make more of the SS model but not only does that saturate the market and bringing down the image/value a bit (it wont go down that much as long as people are making decent to good money and buying them) but you also have to keep in mind that Rolex has set it up where ADs has to take other less desirable watches in their store to get the big SS sellers and if they stop productions of DJs and DDs in favor of Subs and GMTs then they'd have nothing to give to the ADs to fill their cases and forced to buy from them

there are probably a lot more customers out there who walks into an AD and looks for a sub and walks out with another model because there are plenty out there who just wants a Rolex and that speak a lot about the brand, they absolutely do not need to produce more SS models plus they have a such a huge mark-up on precious metal that they make a lot on those per watch (that again, keep in mind, ADs has to take in or else they won't get those Subs, GMTs, SkyD's, etc...)

Tudor is selling more than ever these days with lists for some of their watches so thats another win for Rolex

The ONLY thing I dislike about the new SMP is the bracelet. I wish it was tapered at least.

Yeah the bracelet is definitely not as comfortable and looks and feels a little less refined compared to the oyster. I think I'm gonna buy an official omega rubber strap for it anyway to prevent the crossover feel of having two divers the same colour.

Back
Top Bottom