The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

That was a great deal.

That was the going price back then. Maybe a bit more, but I was strapped for cash and priced it for a quick sale. But I bought it 18 months prior to selling for $6k so I thought I did ok by breaking even.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Yeah I haven't even checked it yet but saw about 10+ watches on the desk so I need to be comfortable for this one.

That episode of Talking Watches is EVERYTHING. Honestly no need for Ellen or Kevin Hart at this point. You win, Mayer.

Maybe Clapton, tho..

He might have a good collection but F Clapton. I'm from UK and historically he had said some abhorrent things in the 70s.

Ellen and Kevin Hart would both be great though.

that dude is annoying as f and for someone who sells vinatage watches, he brags about wearing it in his channel before selling it

kudos for creating his brand and making money out of it but i wouldn't deal with him or even listen to him about watches

probably just tier below archieluxury but at least that dude acts like a douche and he knows it

that dude is annoying as f and for someone who sells vinatage watches, he brags about wearing it in his channel before selling it

kudos for creating his brand and making money out of it but i wouldn't deal with him or even listen to him about watches

probably just tier below archieluxury but at least that dude acts like a douche and he knows it

Your definitely right about this guy. I just find his attitude abrasive. He tries to pass himself off as an everyman but everything he says sounds pretentious.

As far as his site it seems like all he does is sell pieces that hodinkee rejects and passes off actual damage as "patina".

dudes been called a fraud on WUS too, i dont remember the details but i think they bought something that stopped working after a week or he got it serviced and something wasn't right and stopped responding

someone had to post on the forum so others would call him out and only then did he reply and "tried to make it right"

others just aren't gon know/remember all those ref #s

obviously its easier if you own the pieces but most "celeb watch guys" just walks into ADs and buys whats on the case (or int he safe thats high value) or have someone else buys it for them

Just watched it, another great job by him... Such a great collection and everything has a reason and a story behind it... I have heard some NBA guys talk about their watches and they have no idea what the hell it is... Just that it cost $100k... John showing off the straps was hilarious

Yeah it was insane. I mean whether it's the non-comex comex sub all the way through to the rainbow daytona everything was quality. That's not even including the pateks.

Just watched it, another great job by him... Such a great collection and everything has a reason and a story behind it... I have heard some NBA guys talk about their watches and they have no idea what the hell it is... Just that it cost $100k... John showing off the straps was hilarious

speaking of straps, when my watch comes with it, i usually replace it right away and keep the og in new condition :lol:

Back
Top Bottom