The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Help me decide. Tudor gmt on leather or white op39. Looking for something for everyday wear that is relatively under the radar and won’t grab too much attention.

100% op39. Tudor although nice is still a tudor and as such still seen by many as a lesser brand (if you value the opinion of others). It is an interpretation of an iconic design so as such might leave you feeling after a while your settling instead of possibly saving for the real thing (if you were lucky enough to get one within a year or two). The tudor gmt has known problems with the movement. If you go on many of the major watch forums you'll see a number of posts discussing a variety of issues.

The op39 is very, very plain so if your cool with a very basic/sterile/classic design it's the way to go. For how basic it looks the dial plays with light in a variety of ways giving you a lot of different looks. If you were in a position where you would have to sell it you wouldn't stand to lose very much either. Also it's a Rolex and as much as many might say otherwise that means something good or bad.

My 3 piece collection may be complete. Gotta unfollow all watch brands and influencers for at least two years tho. :lol:

7875CCFE-4E2C-4FCF-8210-72C6B838B98C.jpeg

typerpinoy typerpinoy OP39

Speedy Pro / Tudor BB58 / Nomos Club

Nomos is a holdover for a DJ or Grand Seiko. But I’m liking the trio at this point. I have like ten 22mm nato straps and no watches at 22mm. So something has to fill that void lol.

Thank you brother.

My first boy after two girls. I've always been nervous about having a boy as their love needs to be earned whereas a daughter will love you as long as you don't mess up too much. Fingers crossed everything is going well almost two weeks in

Congratulations. Every kid is different, my son is a 100% daddy’s boy :lol:

Thanks. I'm using Infacol (not sure if you have it in the US) which is helping. He's finally gotten to sleep with the aid of the colic treatment and a white noise machine we picked up from family

Whats up fellas, looking to get into watches. Looking for a daily watch now. What brands can you recommend similar to IWC/Nomos as far as the minimalist look.

I have a budget of $500 now.

Also, can the band on this watch be changed? Couldn't figure it out.

https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/product/BU2020-02A.html?cgid=mens#sz=24&start=44

Thanks

Hi,

I don't know your stature but a thing you might want to consider is the size of that piece. According to the website its 44mm which is pretty large especially if your looking at pieces similar to nomos which tend to range from 38-40mm.

I would suggest Tissot. They make a number of watches within that price range with a similar kind of look to some nomos pieces. They have the added advantage of the new powermatic movement which gives you up to 80 hours power reserve. Hamilton also make some very good field watches that resemble some of the IWC models.

Back
Top Bottom