The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I’m hurt that this thing is so damn beautiful, and expensive.

Hands-On: With The Incredible Richard Mille RM27-01 Rafa Nadal
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/hands-on-with-the-richard-mille-rm27-01-rafa-

1A83FEDC-8894-41D4-B9A3-3ECC14D9E883.jpeg

I was able to try on a handful of my favorites over the weekend (speedy, hublot spirit moonphase, luminor 1950 ceramic on brown strap, fifty fathoms) and to my surprise, the blue dial Omega Seamaster 300M on blue rubber gave me the best feeling. I put it on and immediately had the, "this is the one" feeling. Joint is too fire.
thats how i felt the first time i tried on a speedy moon watch, it just felt so much better than anything else i had tried on.

Scratched my stainless steel band by the clasp on my Carrera. Do I need to send it to to TAG or can I just go to a watch shop or jeweler to try and buff it out?

It's a bit too early to start polishing, you should do it very few times throughout the lifetime of the watch.

I own a jewelry manufacturing studio and have two polishers working for me. Short answer- you can take it to either but you run a risk in doing so. Even the most talented craftsman can have a bad day. I have sent two watches to Rolex for service and got them back polished. I found them both to be subpar, but I guess it really depends how picky you are. If you have ever seen a paint correction done on a car, I would look at your watch the same way. Difference between a watch and a car is once you start removing layers on watch they can never be replaced.

I had one of my employees polish my coke GMT. There were deep nicks all over the watch. We ordered the same grade stainless steel alloy that Rolex used. Laser welded the metal to the affected areas and then lightly smoothed them out (think like bondo on a car). If you can find someone that would pay this attention to detail then i would recommend it, but certainly no service center would.

and speaking of affordable watches, i think montblanc has become a bit underrated lately, they have nice simple designs at good case sizes that won't break the bank

these two for example cost $2300-$2600 and with how deep in discount the brand can get, probably possible to get them at $1600-$1800

cases are at a respective 39mm and 40mm and would make a great starter watch or for anyone that just needs a simple dress watch
1168704_mrp_fr_xl.jpg

1168704_mrp_cu_xl.jpg

1168704_mrp_ou_xl.jpg

1168703_mrp_fr_xl.jpg

1168703_mrp_cu_xl.jpg

1168703_mrp_ou_xl.jpg

1133120_mrp_fr_xl.jpg

1133120_mrp_cu_xl.jpg

1133120_mrp_ou_xl.jpg

1168700_mrp_fr_xl.jpg

1168700_mrp_e1_xl.jpg

1168700_mrp_ou_xl.jpg

Seiko dropped a remake of the OG turtle

It’s like $5-6k tho

Last edited:
I like the mont blancs a lot. I was walking through the mall a few weeks ago and stopped at a watch window display and then realized it was the mint bland store. :lol: would let mind having one or more of them.

Thanks y'all. Super happy about the purchase. That feeling when you know you found the right one... so good.

Congrats! I was eyeing the black Seamaster, but ended up buying a house and now I want a motorcycle :lol:

Seiko dropped a remake of the OG turtle

It’s like $5-6k tho

Leave it to Seiko to charge 20x the normal modern version cost for a reissue :lol:

Congrats on the new Seamaster. Love the new black dial with the gold bezel on a rubber strap. :smokin

Last edited:
I couldn't resist any longer. Copped from an AD at a nice discount. Blue rubber strap arriving next week.

2580bpe.jpg

Good choice. I think its definitely one of the watches that looks and feels better on a rubber strap. I actually may be getting rid of mine specifically because of this and a couple of other very very small things.

Actually checked out the octo finissimo in person today. The ss version is really something special. The black ceramic is difficult to read and the titanium is a little too lightweight for my liking. I’d definitely consider getting one.

Back
Top Bottom