The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Just picked up a DD40. As much as I love the 15300OR, it doesn't feel that substantial on my wrist and I find myself wearing my old GMT way more.

4k_5d0967868906b55bd1fd980a.jpeg

I've gotten to be friends with a watch dealer and fam told me that every piece that you want is just at the back. Dude sells as much as 40 watches a month mostly Rolex's and Pateks.
Blue face Sky Dweller's and other sport rolex's are just at the back.

Got the call for my blue 15500st last week and went to pick it up on Sunday. After getting it sized, I like the dimensions a bit better than on my ROC. Slightly more comfortable and less top heavy. When they sized the watch they took off the hang tag and when I got home it wasn't in the box. I have to call and see if they still have it, I really hope they didn't throw it away.

IMG_0635.jpeg

I've gotten to be friends with a watch dealer and fam told me that every piece that you want is just at the back. Dude sells as much as 40 watches a month mostly Rolex's and Pateks.
Blue face Sky Dweller's and other sport rolex's are just at the back.

They always have more than what's in the showcase. I wouldn't say they have every single watch in the back but they will hold a lot for either VIP customers (celebrity) or people willing to bundle a high dollar piece in order to get some candy.

Got the call for my blue 15500st last week and went to pick it up on Sunday. After getting it sized, I like the dimensions a bit better than on my ROC. Slightly more comfortable and less top heavy. When they sized the watch they took off the hang tag and when I got home it wasn't in the box. I have to call and see if they still have it, I really hope they didn't throw it away.

IMG_0635.jpeg

Congrats on the pickup. Hang tag shouldn't affect resale.. It's not a Rolex :emoji_upside_down:

They always have more than what's in the showcase. I wouldn't say they have every single watch in the back but they will hold a lot for either VIP customers (celebrity) or people willing to bundle a high dollar piece in order to get some candy.

This is true. The bundles to get the hyped pieces are crazy these days. Offered to purchase a Lange to get a Patek from my AD recently... still no dice. They'd welcome the sale of the Lange but not a chance for the Patek. I hate the watch game these days. :lol:

Anyway, while we wait their shenanigans out... Picked this up yesterday. Should keep me occupied while waiting for the ceramic one.

Screenshot_20190723_233602.jpg

Last edited:
Watches are insured under my homeowner policy.

Nice pickups on this page.

Currently in Vegas. Always remembered the Rolex boutique at the Wynn having rare pieces (leopard Daytona, etc.). They literally have nothing but a handful of DJ36s and a couple of flooded DD40s. Such a sad sight. The SAs didn't look too happy--I bet they are selling hardly anything.

Watches are insured under my homeowner policy.

does your policy specifically include your watches or are they just under personal property? i actually just bought my first house and your post reminded me that on my insurance it just has an amount for personal property.

Back
Top Bottom