The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Chris-Pratt%2525E2%252580%252599s-Cartier-Santos.jpg

Idris-Elba%2525E2%252580%252599s-Rolex-Day-Date.jpg

Any recommendations for a daily watch? Currently gotta Apple Watch... just want something new...budget is $500-800.

I honestly do not know.... This will be a daily watch for me... I am fairly new to this.... any info that might lead me down the right path would be greatly appreciated.

Is there any style of watch you like? It'll be easier to make suggestions.

Last edited:
I found this on amazon..but I do not know much... don't know if you guys might know something better for this price point under $1k...but I like watches like this...hope this helps to narrow it down..once again, thank you.

You say you "feel" like something new. Is it possible for you to save anymore money? Are you looking for a watch that is respected by other people into watches but you find attractive? I would suggest reading up on some well respected brands such as Patek Philippe, Rolex, Audemars Piquet and look at their collections.

The reason why I say all this is because most people who get into watches start with fashion watches (for me it was D&G and Diesel) then as they read and learn more find themselves progressing into lower end automatic watches and then into luxury timepieces. If you feel this is something your really into then doing this can save you some money and get pieces that will stay in your collection for a lifetime. Also watches from brands like Seiko cover all price points and are respected by most watch people.

These were some of the pieces I used to wear
$_86.JPG.jpg
DZ7125.jpg

And this is what I wear everyday now
20170206_132043.jpg

Yeah Hamilton is a good reco. Maybe you can find an oris in that range that you like? I have a tissot automatic that I got for $450 that I still do like, but my omega gets most of the wear when it’s not Apple Watch.

Mans wants to spend <$1k and dude said look into Rolex, Patek and AP. Doggie, just no.

Grab yourself a nice looking quartz and forget about it. Maybe look at Raymond Weil or Hamilton and see if anything sparks your interest. You can get them on major discount.

Didn’t you read the whole thing? First couple of lines clearly ask if he could save up a little bit more.

I’d agree though. Find something you love and save up for it. Don’t just get something for the sake of getting to something.

That being said, I enjoyed my Automatic Hamilton Khaki. I went from that straight to Rolex. If you’re considering a watch and whatever budget just make sure you like it, but I would go with an Automatic watch if you really do want to get into it.

Didn’t you read the whole thing? First couple of lines clearly ask if he could save up a little bit more.

I’d agree though. Find something you love and save up for it. Don’t just get something for the sake of getting to something.

That being said, I enjoyed my Automatic Hamilton Khaki. I went from that straight to Rolex. If you’re considering a watch and whatever budget just make sure you like it, but I would go with an Automatic watch if you really do want to get into it.

Thank you for addressing this individual as clearly he lacks basic comprehension skills. Preferring to attempt to make someone look stupid than to help, and in doing so made himself look silly.

Last edited:
Leebro Leebro info on the sub bracelet. Thanks.
I wear the sub on the bracelet most of the time. I found a rubber b on ebay and switched it for a week and tbh it really didn't "feel" like a rolex afterwards so it went straight back on. Was there anything in particular you were looking to know?

Thanks for all the info... unfortunately the Rolex's are out of my price range...haha... I have to buy a house first before I entertain buying a Rolex... still thank you for the info... will definitely check out Raymond Weil...thanks once again people.

Thanks for all the info... unfortunately the Rolex's are out of my price range...haha... I have to buy a house first before I entertain buying a Rolex... still thank you for the info... will definitely check out Raymond Weil...thanks once again people.

No problem brother.

Looking at high end collections to see what styles you like can be useful and you can buy similar styles/complications that are respected in their own right like a Seiko skx007, Hamilton khaki etc some of which you can get <$250.

Any recommended chronographs under $1000? Really like the Tudor Fastrider Black shield but the price is a bit too much.

Ah yes the decision to buy a Patek or a Timex often comes down to saving little more money :lol: Cmon y’all.
Now I will address you directly and don't intend to go back and forth so feel free to respond as you will. My intent in addressing you is not to be disrespectful but highlight what I intended in my post as you seem to have become confused whether it is due to youth, lacking intellectually or some kind of mental deficiency.

I clearly stated that the gentleman who wrote the original post should look into higher end brands to inform his decisions in regards to his purchase. At no point did I state that he should attempt to purchase one of these brands with a budget <$1000. But he could buy a watch in the style of one these watches but still be seen as a "good watch" by most watch collectors. I even mention Seiko by name but you are in rush to make mention of this.

Are you so married to your false claims that you refuse to acknowledge you were wrong? All you would have needed to say is that you were mistaken instead you want to play it off as jokes. In future just know acknowledging fault is not weakness but an opportunity for growth.

Back
Top Bottom