The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Copped this earlier this week. Bought it pre-owned, anyone have tips on how often i should get it serviced?

Watch.png

usually its every 4-5 years but just pay attention to how well it keeps time and when its not keeping it well then its time to have it checked

grats on that green beauty

^ ^ ^
you the london watch collector? :nerd:

Nope. Nowhere near London mate :lol: Lucky bastard seems to get pieces in way too easily.

The box is huge... 11 lbs too. Fitting. It's getting ridiculous with the packaging. :lol:

Last edited:
Love the look of the nautilus but even @ retail , that much for a steel watch makes my head hurt :lol:

Any Vacheron owners in here? Feel like those should get more love than they currently do

Any Vacheron owners in here? Feel like those should get more love than they currently do

it is funny that it is part of the holy trinity but its pretty much been left behind by the other two

VC is amazing and their new fiftysix collection is stunning but it just hasnt quite caught on fire but it is a move in the right direction by offering more ss models

and i think thats where the issue lies, they really had little affordable offerings and most of the models are made out of precious metal

overseas is the most accessible (not just because its available in ss but also because its a sport watch) for being the cheapest at ~$18k its offered in 37mm (not the most ideal size today) and iirc they a second sub dial off center and totally kills the watches clean look especially since that is a no date and the dial could have been simply perfect

this could have been their iconic watch that everyone wants like APs RO and PPs Nautilus but I feel like they just keep messing it up

now with the fiftysix, they offer watches that looks more expensive that it really is despite the starting price of $11k but that also puts them in a difficult position, its still an expensive entryway to the brand and they really cant go down too low because of their name and risk tainting their stature

AP and PP are lucky they got a classic genta designs thats gotten super duper hyped in the past few years

My jeweler made it happen. He told me I was going to wait two years, I got it in two weeks. He's a top salesmen.

Wow, did you pay over retail? I am on the waitlist for like 3 models right now. One being the Pepsi on the jubilee. Been on it for months.

O'Leary :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Still don't get why the prices are so way up there for a basic three-hander. At this point, you can get Patek's more complicated pieces, like the WT or a Chronograph. And you get way better finishing with those as well.

Want to own a VC one day. Nice quality pieces that just don't get the attention they deserve. Overseas bracelet is a bit on the thick end, though. That Overseas Ultra Thin QP though... <3 Also love the Historiques Cornes de Vache Chronograph and the Fifty-Six

Congrats on the Batgirl. Glad to see jewelers hooking people up like that. :smokin Wish my local AD did. Never ever owned a new Rolex... and I've gone through five of 'em. Oh well. Come on Pepsi. :lol:

Want to own a VC one day. Nice quality pieces that just don't get the attention they deserve. Overseas bracelet is a bit on the thick end, though. That Overseas Ultra Thin QP though... <3 Also love the Historiques Cornes de Vache Chronograph and the Fifty-Six

thew fiftysix calendar is a $22k watch in ss but it does look like it should cost twice that and the upside of VC is that it can be had on a discount, its also their most symmetric watch in the line

Vacheron-Constantin-FiftySix-Complete-Calendar-Review-12.jpg

SIHH-2019-Vacheron-Constantin-FiftySix-Blue-Dial-3.jpg

SIHH-2019-Vacheron-Constantin-FiftySix-Blue-Dial-2.jpg

entry level fiftysix starts at $11k but if you can get a decent 20% discount on it, it starts to look even better
5bcedaf40e925.jpeg

Vacheron-Constantin-FiftySix-Hands-On-4.jpg

SIHH-2019-Vacheron-Constantin-FiftySix-Blue-Dial-5.jpg

Agreed. VC is starting to look like a better value proposition than JLC these days. Great finishing, very understated and elegant designs (also love the Traditionelle and the Historiques American). My AD keeps trying to make me buy one... offered me a good deal on an Overseas Dual Time blue dial the other week. Thankfully that sold soon after. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom