The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Seiko Relaunches Its Bang-for-Buck Seiko 5 Sports Collection

seiko-5-sports-collection-relaunch-001.jpg

seiko-5-sports-collection-relaunch-002.jpg

seiko-5-sports-collection-relaunch-003.jpg

seiko-5-sports-collection-relaunch-004.jpg

seiko-5-sports-collection-relaunch-005.jpg
Black with the fake patina dial on a bracelet (might need to buy seperately), full dlc, and dlc with the red lume. I wonder if the back is fully dlc coated including the surround for the see-through caseback. I hate when when they mix up the metal colours.

for a sub $1k watch and be the only one I have for a good while... i might just go with the baby GS snowflake

I wear the sub on the bracelet most of the time. I found a rubber b on ebay and switched it for a week and tbh it really didn't "feel" like a rolex afterwards so it went straight back on. Was there anything in particular you were looking to know?
I have an older model Rolex that I posted many pages ago, and wanted to see if I could change up the bands once in a while. I like the rubber bands.

Or if anyone on here knows a good website to find bands for different watches. I would greatly appreciate it.

Find something you love and save up for it. Don’t just get something for the sake of getting to something.

THIS. Went through a lot of pieces because I got impatient and settled for less than what I really wanted. While I value the lesson learned, the money wasted still hurts. :lol:

+1 on RubberB. I've heard Everest Bands are more comfortable, but I don't like their profile. They seem less structured, but appear to be noticeably softer as a tradeoff.

Still waiting on a damn Q Timex restock.

I’ve always envisioned handing down my timepieces to my kids. Currently have a Hamilton Khaki (haven’t worn in ages) and a Rolex GMT. Usually am wearing my Apple Watch since I work with bodily fluids and always have gloves on (combined with a newborn).

I know most watches are gender neutral but I wanted something a bit smaller to give to my daughter whenever the time comes (she’s my only child thus far). Considered the DJ’s that I could wear and hand off to her but the price is up there. Options?

I’ve always envisioned handing down my timepieces to my kids. Currently have a Hamilton Khaki (haven’t worn in ages) and a Rolex GMT. Usually am wearing my Apple Watch since I work with bodily fluids and always have gloves on (combined with a newborn).

I know most watches are gender neutral but I wanted something a bit smaller to give to my daughter whenever the time comes (she’s my only child thus far). Considered the DJ’s that I could wear and hand off to her but the price is up there. Options?

Cartier gets my vote. Santos or Tank. I’ve seen slightly older smaller sized ones in the 2-3k range

Got to try on a Tag Heuer Monaco and Panerai submersible pam682 and I love both of them

Got quoted on the Monaco for four bands and the submersible used is selling for 6-7+ Online

I think there have been some great suggestions from the other NT'ers. A smaller explorer should be pretty much bulletproof going forward and Cartier watches seem to have a feminine friendly elegance about them.

All that being said there was a time when larger mens watches were fashionable for women so why not pass along the gmt? It'll mean the most to her as she will have seen it on your wrist throughout her life and in pictures and that's where the actual value will come from.

My eldest daughter will be getting my submariner that I have worn for almost five years straight and will continue to wear till my deathbed. I also intend to get a platinum dial yachtmaster which I will give to either one of my other children also. I think this might be a good choice for a female family member as they also come in 34 and 36mm cases.

Couldn't be happier with this. Leebro Leebro what is it about yours that has you second guessing it?

2hs5enq.jpg
It's the bracelet and the hands. The bracelet although solid feels hollow in comparison to my rolex. The skeleton hands although have improved so so much they just seem not to suit the watch in comparison to full sword hands. I know the hands are part of the lineage but they are a sticking point for a lot of people. It's an amazing watch and more value than a Submariner. I would still fully recommend it but these little things are my issues.

I think I'm gonna sell it and put it towards a yachtmaster platinum dial. Rolex it seems are going to become more more and exclusive and I don't know if a few years I'll be priced out.

What do you think of it? How does it compare to your other pieces?

I got ya. The bracelet has grown on me big time. My initial impression of it when I saw it online was the SMP bracelet looks like a garbage Fossil bracelet. After doing research I agreed it made more sense to buy on bracelet and grabbed the rubber strap with it but that hasn’t arrived yet. I fell in love with it when I tried it on rubber. I knew immediately it was the one. I do love the easy slide size adjustment on the bracelet though and I wish the rubber strap was a clasp of some sort.

My only other piece is a Raymond Weil on rubber strap that I wore every day for almost 13 years. Love it, but haven’t touched it since I got this a few weeks ago. I’ll keep that piece forever as it was a college graduation gift from my folks.

I got ya. The bracelet has grown on me big time. My initial impression of it when I saw it online was the SMP bracelet looks like a garbage Fossil bracelet. After doing research I agreed it made more sense to buy on bracelet and grabbed the rubber strap with it but that hasn’t arrived yet. I fell in love with it when I tried it on rubber. I knew immediately it was the one. I do love the easy slide size adjustment on the bracelet though and I wish the rubber strap was a clasp of some sort.

My only other piece is a Raymond Weil on rubber strap that I wore every day for almost 13 years. Love it, but haven’t touched it since I got this a few weeks ago. I’ll keep that piece forever as it was a college graduation gift from my folks.
It's an impressive piece. The blue model is particularly good and I am not a fan of blue in general. The bracelet is a big improvement on the older version. If they replaced the hands I would definitely keep it the hands suit a chrono but it just seems a waste on a diver. I think if you put it on a rubber it'll look go a long way to improve the way it feels. The see through caseback is amazing and on the strap it'll easier to see.

Back
Top Bottom