The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I’ll never understand the appeal of Richard Mille watches

all the money in the world and I’d never considering wearing one let alone owning one

I’ll never understand the appeal of Richard Mille watches

all the money in the world and I’d never considering wearing one let alone owning one

Them joints fugly af. Saw a designer post his on his gram story and nah, them joints horrid.

I mean I’m a basic *****, I love anything Rolex

but I’m not into plastic and being flashy and god knows what else

if I hadmoney I’m sure I’d be into some other watches but I can tell you right now RM would not be something I’d be into ever

I've kinda reached a point where I'd actually be open to buying an RM. There was a point where I despised them but I have grown to appreciate the RM003 a lot and it's on my bucket list, one day.

RMs cool for a novelty standpoint, id wear one if on existed that isnt bigger than my fist :lol:

speaking of novelty watches, B&Rs skull watches are one of those ive kind of always wanted

Hodinkee put up this teaser today. Zoomed in on John Mayer’s wrist - not sure if this is what they’re dropping tomorrow. Also not sure what I was expecting. A little underwhelming.

F65D140A-20D9-4127-8988-FEAD51747505.jpeg

Maybe I’ll get roasted but RMs are simply for show. The mechanics are immaculate and they are substantial timepieces. But you buy a RM because you wanna project you spent 150k on a watch or you’re laundering money.
RMs are the paintings of the watch world. You buy to show off and move funds.
Watches from a horological standpoint are supposed to make you feel a certain way I suppose. So spending 150k+ might make you feel a type of way...
I’ve had every watch you could buy between Rolex, Omega, PP and VC.
there’s only two brands IMO that stand the test of time. Rolex and Patek.
the Rolex is the watch you buy to mark a milestone or because you want a tool watch. The Patek is bought to ensure you have an heirloom.
just my two cents.
A perfect two watch collection
5524-G or an aquanaut I suppose LOL
I let the kid rock the Aquanaut

Attachments

• 4FC269D9-023C-4353-909E-CA72A7EE8AE0.jpeg
    4FC269D9-023C-4353-909E-CA72A7EE8AE0.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 34
  • EE5E8B05-11F4-406B-A7A3-BCE0A4A263BC.jpeg
    EE5E8B05-11F4-406B-A7A3-BCE0A4A263BC.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 5AA1D53F-3EA9-472C-87D2-786A07A73673.jpeg
    5AA1D53F-3EA9-472C-87D2-786A07A73673.jpeg
    991.1 KB · Views: 238
Was anyone able to make any watch purchases this year? Given the pandemic and volatility of the economy, you'd think people would be shying away. But myself and a few other people I know still made some decent watch purchases this year.

The watch addiction just overcomes any type of financial sensibility I guess.

sold out before even finishing reading the article lol

lol hype. Was a weak collab in my mind and I passed. I've been wearing their collab with Merci a lot since I got it. It's a really fun piece with the raised arabic numerals. That should be restocking soon for anyone interested as they only put half the batch up for sale initially.

Last edited:
Ironically,I bought a sapphire sand

lol hype. Was a weak collab in my mind and I passed. I've been wearing their collab with Merci a lot since I got it. It's a really fun piece with the raised arabic numerals. That should be restocking soon for anyone interested as they only put half the batch up for sale initially.

I thought so before seeing this

To be honest although informative I've personally never resonated with the pretentious/old money vibes I get from Hodinkee.

yah im not gon be able to get anything anytime soon, i just dont get it, unemployment rate is up, economies on the sh*thole and everythings just up

even the gold models, which ADs could barely give away before are going above retail like the everose yachtmaster, just a year ago it was going for at least $2k-$3k below brand new but now they're being sold at $5k above

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom