The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

probably nothing if you’re tech savvy enough but you’re pretty much paying for the embossed pipe on the bezel

so the TPG stunt was just a really, really dumb PR

so in their now deleted vid, they said that the plan was to go dark on all socials while they do charity work and then even shot some dumb vid at a charity place but they mention that they were being accused of running away with millions so that means they went to the charity after the sh*t blew in they face already and the vid felt more like a "how dare you tell us we ran with your money when we're doing something good" which means "we f'd up so lets go to some charity sh*t and try and salvage this"

in reality, their YT viewership and new subs were going down for like 2-3 months after theyve peaked and they panicked and and tried to to do the PR stunt to boost viewers and new subs, this was evident when one of their vids the main dude was asking how many views the vid would get and he would get giddy when someone says "a million by friday" and then pouted when someone said "realistically a million by sunday" so this shows the type of people they are

fame got into them by doing extravagant things like going to saltbae and paying $20k for steaks and when the numbers werent growing they panicked that they might lose their newfound fame

its just sad situation all around as many dealers were connected with them that got bad reps along with other cosignment watch shops on YT

Ya, this was a really dumb decision on their end whatever the real reason was. It got to their head and they started to want to portray a life of them living in luxury when they’re not making profit like that. It’s like that ig jetset life people always want to act like their living. What got them their following initially was their authentic/genuineness of what happens behind the scenes of a watch dealer. When they wanted to turn Hollywood, that was their downfall. It may be too late to recover at this point as a business

its a very good watch, its a 3 hander date with a great movement

people knock it for being a modified eta but its an eta that is exclusive to swatch groups and tissot is becoming an independent brand killer because of it

80 hr power reserve while providing good build quality and better manufacturing and good finishing from a brand with history at similar price or even cheaper than plenty of independents

I tried on the Tissot Gentleman Powermatic 80 Silicium with the green dial just now. It looks big but not on wrist. Nice clean finish. Retail is EUR 820 and comes with a two-year warranty. I think I might pick it up near the end of the year.

38EA4C7B-1006-4589-ADEF-6CFAFCD40BAD.jpeg

Finally went to a Tudor ad and tried on the black bay 36. I have a skinny wrist and always thought 36mm would be the best size for me but I've realized it’s actually too small. It looked like a woman’s/kid’s watch almost.

tried on the black bay 58 39mm and I actually think that it's a great size even for my wrist.

they only had it on leather strap at the store since the bracelet version is currently sold out.

might be leaning towards this now as my first luxury timepiece purchase as getting a Rolex sub at this point is probably not going to be possible anytime soon with the scarce quantities and no previous buy history.

rfx, you own both the sub and black bay 58 39mm. What’s your opinion on each ?

Last edited:
both are great and for the price and availability, the bb58 is unopposed, its just isnt as rare anymore, i dont know why tudor wont release it in a simple black dial (or hell even white, insta-cop) because it really wont take any sales from the sub (if youre in the store andboth are available, 99% of the chance youll take the sub and if you dont, the store got an insanely long list that would take it in a heartbeat)

with that said, the sub just feels better, it sounds silly to say but you can just feel it when handling both, it has that heft and weight that is just right, the case are sharp in the right places where it just exudes quality and the bracelet is a no-nonsense, bs free and might be the best watch bracelet ever made plus they put an ar underside of the crystal so they still found a way to just keep making it better

i do think the bb58 size is better, the 39mm case make little difference to the 40mm of rolex but the lugs just makes the bb look more sleek and smaller than the maxi-case (though this isn the case with the new 41mm case but tudor still looks slimmer)

is it worth twice the price at retail? to me its a resounding Hell F’n Yeah! but you cant really go wrong with the bb58, its still a great watch and for its price, i dont think ill consider anything else better

Thanks for the reply rfx. I agree with your points but getting a Rolex from the AD seems impossible right now. I do really like the 58 a lot but I just want to make sure that I do truly like it instead of settling.

The bb58 is an awesome watch but if it’s between then and the sub… no contest

if you can afford a sub, I’d wait it out but if money isn’t an issue and you wanna wait and in the mean time have the 58, you won’t be disappointed

Bert, I agree with your points as well. It’s just at this point who knows how long the wait is going to be. 1-2 years if I’m lucky ? I’m thinking if I get the 58 in the meantime and wear it and If a sub becomes available at a later time and I want it I can prob get out of the 58 at like a 25-30% loss depending on condition. Won’t be too bad to get to wear it in the meantime

how about an explorer? idk if you're on the Rolex forum, but you can find new or pre-owned pieces on there from AD's.

Njavier, I do like the explorer 1. After seeing how small 36mm actually is in person I’d only want the 39mm which has been discontinued. To be honest I’d prefer to buy new only and from an AD as well. Grey market you can get new too I know but then it’d be like buying shoes at resell prices. I’m not balling hard like most of you in this thread. Just want a decent time piece to commemorate a certain milestone/goal.

95k is the lowest I’ve heard of so far, I do think that it’s a long term keeper and I’d be willing to bet on it.

that being said, I’ve gotten so many good deals on a lot of my pieces, if I were to get out of some of the watches I have now at a profit, it’s almost like I’m paying retail right? Lol.

damn bro, hope you were able to get the green 5711

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some insight. I'm in the market for a Rolex Submariner Date 126610LN as a wedding gift. How much should I expect to pay for one? What's a good price for one nowadays? How long can the waiting list be if there will be one? Can I find any new 116610LN nowadays? There are only a couple AD in my area, such as Mayors and Harold Freeman. Can I expect them to have any immediately available? I'll be reaching out to them tomorrow, but wanted your expert opinions first. Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some insight. I'm in the market for a Rolex Submariner Date 126610LN as a wedding gift. How much should I expect to pay for one? What's a good price for one nowadays? How long can the waiting list be if there will be one? Can I find any new 116610LN nowadays? There are only a couple AD in my area, such as Mayors and Harold Freeman. Can I expect them to have any immediately available? I'll be reaching out to them tomorrow, but wanted your expert opinions first. Thanks in advance.

gonna have to go second hand or resale if you want it or need it ASAP with no history

going to be almost impossible to locate one at AD especially without purchase history.
Hell, I’m still having trouble finding a 34OP.

get ready to pay at least 15k

no history, unless you got horseshoe made of gold you would have to be very very lucky to walk in and get one

Back
Top Bottom