The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

im on the "list" for the tiffany calatrava but damn i wish i could get my hands on teh 5711

its crazy because getting one of the 170 pieces might as well be winning a lottery and its the rich that dont need em thats gon' get em

as for ive been wearing in LA lately, its not even on purpose but its not the rolex, ive just gotten to wearing my Hamilton W10, Seitona, Longines Sector, PRX, Santos, etc... and the seitona is really the only one that could be mistaken for some thats a rolex

been wearing my rolexes...rolexs'... rolexi? to events, dinners and parties and even more coming into the holidays but its been chilly so theyve been under a cuff most times, just got to keep the spidey senses at peak levels all the time

Honestly, that Nautilus is hideous.

Too bad Patek is taking the "hype" route, when it's entirely unnecessary for them to do so.

Phillips auction should be crazy though and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes for over $1M.

here’s a quick way to get a batman and for free…

"The steakhouse will offer a $40,000 cocktail package that includes a version of mixologist Francesco Lafranconi’s the B Signal cocktail (an agave-forward riff on an Old Fashioned) made with rare Clase Azul Ultra tequila. Order this and you get the drink, the entire bottle of tequila, a decanter, a cocktail class with Lafranconi and a Rolex GMT–Master II “Batman” two-tone watch that simultaneously displays the time in two time zones.”

yah but thats probably just for show and even if its real, probably one of those “give us your $2.5m and see when we can get one” type of deal

:lol:

grey dealers do that all the time, you can pay up front and then they’ll allocate the pieces

Last edited:
yah but thats probably just for show and even if its real, probably one of those “give us your $2.5m and see when we cna ge tone” type of deal

grey dealers do that all the time, you can pay up front and then they’ll allocate the pieces

id probably argue that 50% of the watch ads on C24 don’t even exist.

the ridiculous con of that site is that grey market dealers make fake ads for watches they have at like 20% higher prices to adjust market value so they can sell for more.

definitely not surprised by that

still bot sure people are paying $20k for an OP but thats what theyre asking

I loathe chrono24.

Before I got my Rolex, I contacted several dealers on there. First one I had to drive to downtown LA and and when they pulled the watch out it wasn't even the correct one. They told me to check out the other stores instead.

Another dealer on there had the watch but said the price was wrong and wanted an extra $1k smh

I loathe chrono24.

Before I got my Rolex, I contacted several dealers on there. First one I had to drive to downtown LA and and when they pulled the watch out it wasn't even the correct one. They told me to check out the other stores instead.

Another dealer on there had the watch but said the price was wrong and wanted an extra $1k smh

yeah have the same exact experiences. Always a diff dial color or some alternative. Or “wait and see if I can get it”.

the site is full of con artists.

yah but thats probably just for show and even if its real, probably one of those “give us your $2.5m and see when we can get one” type of deal

Yeah of course - just a marketing ploy

id probably argue that 50% of the watch ads on C24 don’t even exist.

the ridiculous con of that site is that grey market dealers make fake ads for watches they have at like 20% higher prices to adjust market value so they can sell for more.

My wife got quoted 55% more by a seller on there hahahahaha

You contact them and it’s always - “yes we can get it but this is the actual price”

As Logan Roy would say, “eff off”

F*CK!!!!

if rolex takes the same stance im never buying another one again

1639371211087.png

1639371282971.jpeg

i honestly dont think they‘ll do it since i think it only applies to ADs and not boutiques and AP is moving a boutique only model because ADs been shady AF when it comes to selling AP asking you to bundle and crap like that

i honestly dont think they‘ll do it since i think it only applies to ADs and not boutiques and AP is moving a boutique only model because ADs been shady AF when it comes to selling AP asking you to bundle and crap like that

exactly this, there’s only a few AP dealers left that are family owned. when I got my 15500OR from the Rodeo store, they informed me that Westime was selling the store back to AP at their request. Hing Wa Lee still has their AD but their allocations are paper thin, go figure.

Back
Top Bottom