The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

woulda been a no brainer at 38mm-40mm

1636554789919.png

I'm not a strap person, not particularly into blue watches and military heritage means nothing to me as far as watches are concerned so this was always a no. It's good for those people who are into that kind of thing.

the way i see it is that the pelagos is a great workhorse diver

the reasons i dont have one is the size and the date, they solved the date issue for me (i dont need or want it if possible) but the size is still too big and they got rid one of the best adjustable bracelet ever made

the military heritage doesnt really matter to me either but i really would own one if it is 40mm and i can just throw it on a single pass nato

i have a good chance of getting the first batch at my AD too as i notified her about this about 2 weeks ago and she didnt even know what iw as talking about :lol: but now imma have to pass just like the panda chrono a few months back

he was offered the blue overseas and said no

and then did his reasearch on VC = see that its now selling for close to double and now its a great watch!

:rofl: :smh:

still nice

wish rolex sold the oysterflex separately, id love to fit one on a sub or explorer

I would get that Timex, but I’ve been wearing my gold jewelry a lot more lately. I’m a sucker for the red second hand, anything that reminds me of the old classroom clocks I love.

yah thats a good started watch with a 40mm case, pretty much a sub-stitute (pun intended) even though its not a diver

hodinkee was at least nice enough to make their name in tonal so its not noticeable :lol:

I would get that Timex, but I’ve been wearing my gold jewelry a lot more lately. I’m a sucker for the red second hand, anything that reminds me of the old classroom clocks I love.
I think there are gold plated Timey's or that sum1 can do a modern plating that lasts a long time. I know plated is a no go for many but I think it's fine when the watch you want isn't offered in gold.

I think there are gold plated Timey's or that sum1 can do a modern plating that lasts a long time. I know plated is a no go for many but I think it's fine when the watch you want isn't offered in gold.

thanks, never thought about getting it plated myself. I’ve just been wearing this watch that my wife bought a while back. My girls love taking it off my wrist and wearing it too.

BEAA5D3C-4751-48AB-8ACD-4C6E1AF95198.jpeg

thanks, never thought about getting it plated myself. I’ve just been wearing this watch that my wife bought a while back. My girls love taking it off my wrist and wearing it too.

BEAA5D3C-4751-48AB-8ACD-4C6E1AF95198.jpeg
accurate vintage look IMO, the font at 12 obviously but the case especially.

I saw an IG post that someone sold their 2021 cartier crash immediately from receiving it and sold for almost 200K. Anyone know what retail was?

around $30k iirc

now see that ones easy to track because its only sold in the london boutique and only a handful a year is made but i doubt cartiers gon do anything about it

around $30k iirc

now see that ones easy to track because its only sold in the london boutique and only a handful a year is made but i doubt cartiers gon do anything about it
Damn $30K?! I was expecting wayyy more. How hard is it to get one new in the US?

Back
Top Bottom